Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Really good job!
    I gave this mod a run for the first time, I passed on the SLS - don't ask me why, but the two more cars appealled to me :)

This is giving great feedback, it makes sense! Great job :)

2. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

+1
    Fantastic job

Babs:)

3. kpawson

kpawson Registered

Is it me or is there something weird going on with the AI and this mod? They seem to crash a lot and go off the track at most tracks except for some like Hockenheim. They have no manners either, just coming back onto the track straight in front of me causing massive crashes :D

Don't notice this with other mods, so thought I would see if others have the same issues?

Still a fantastic mod, loving the Porsche!

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I had the same issue at Poznan. The AI dive bomb unintentionally because the brakes don't seem to slow them down properly at some corners.
    At the last corner, they clip the inside, going up on two wheels, causing mayhem for the rest of the field.

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Try Thruxton or croft, had some good races with the a.i there myself :)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Know issue:

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that's an issue with the Track, ISI are aware

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Haha, the AI kills me at Croft and I kill the AI at Thruxton.
    But Mid-Ohio man, wow that's some serious fun right there. :cool:

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Played a bit with the SLS yesterday, it's fun to control the heavyweight, even better with 540° lock, very precise and informative steering, thank you.

10. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Nice Cars! Please FOV ISI-Standart for TV-Cam and Cockpit,thanks

11. Emery

Emery Registered

First time trying out the mod. At MidOhio, I started with the 799, then the Corvette, and finished with the SLS. Having recently spent a lot of time in the G6 Howston at MidOhio, I was immediately struck by the heaviness and slow acceleration of GT3 cars. Cornering, on the other hand, is so much better than with any of the historic cars that lap times are better in GT3. What follows is very subjective and other people will have different opinions:

The 799 did not inspire me. The front felt properly light, but the rear inertia did not seem to match that front lightness. I never felt the confidence of planting the rear and powering out of turns as only a rear-engine car can do.

The Corvette felt numb like the ISI Corvette, only not as refined. It is slightly better to drive than the 799, but not by much.

On to the SLS. Woo-hoo! It clearly shows the development time it has had and holds the promise of what the other two cars might achieve. The other two cars are useable, yet the SLS is magical. It begged me to find the limits rather than making me feel wary, dancing around the corners as a cooperative partner.

The changelog says "added the 799 RGT3 and corvette Z06 , those two cars are converted model of our rfactor1 mod ,so 3d models are of lower quality compared to SLS" and it is noticeable. The SLS cockpit's textures are stunning and set the standard the other two cars will be judged by.

Speaking of cockpits, I agree with Luprosx that using ISI-default FOV (rather than a realistic FOV) should be a priority. Racers who understand FOV will quickly put it to the desired value, but those who don't understand FOV will believe something is wonky since all other cars default to a different normal.

Yes, the AI need work. Most noticeable was how they brake late at the end of the longest MidOhio straight and 50% end up in the sand on their first lap... didn't matter which car.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tested the SLS and Corvette also... now I like them all. I think 799 is most forgiving. All of them feel good and are challening to push hard. A-class mod for sure.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I tried the Porsche today. It did not feel like a rear engined car to me at all. It is not well balanced and the brakes are horrible. I had to use a very rear biased brake setup. The minimal caster makes the steering feel very light and I got little feedback from the road with the default steering upgrade. With a lot of tweaking I got it driveable. A full field of Porsches was very FPS-intensive too. I hope the final version improves these areas some.

I'll have to give the SLS another go, I tried the old version but not this one. The Vette, I'll have to try that one too.

14. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Maybe not useful to you, but did you lower the camber to the minimum as suggested in the release log? This increases resistance and hence feel, and makes the car feel wonderful with my t500.

15. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I've now tried all three cars from the latest release. All feel distinctly different, as they should, and, judging by the SLS, this mod is clearly improving. No bugs noted so far but haven't tried racing them yet.
    Good work, Apex Modding, and many thanks.

16. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

If you were a bit more constructive with your critique, it might prove useful. Honestly, your post just comes off as you dumping on the mod.

When you say it does not feel like it should, is that based on what you've been told a rear engined car should be, or something more concrete? How long have you been driving rear engined cars in sim or otherwise? What were you expecting to feel/what did you experience?

What do you mean by "not well balanced"?

The caster seems to be in range from what I've researched. Had you reworded the statement: "The steering feels very light and I got little feedback from the road with the default steering upgrade, like the caster is very minimal." There is nothing to be disputed. But you assert that low caster is the issue which sort of nullifies everything that comes thereafter.

17. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Thanks for the update to this mod. The cars drive great IMO, though I'm not a fan of the Porsche but that could be the nature of the car. I'm really enjoying the Corvette. I didn't try the SLS after the update as I keep driving the Corvette, but after driving and enjoying it in a league before the last update I can't imagine it has turned bad now. Looking forward to further updates ofcourse :)

I'm in a league where the "illegal" Blancpain mod is being used now, and I wish they had just used this mod.. This one is so much better.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Excellent mod that will get even better I am sure!

Please have an option for standard FOV in cockpit view and centre (instead of strangely offset to the right) the bonnet view. Basically, use ISI-standard views so that we can all adjust as we would expect to with any other car.

I like the sounds a lot...in terms of tone and timbre. Only problem is that the sounds on all 3 cars sound like they are only revving to about 4,000 rpm. Let them wail!!

19. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I agree 100%! It's hard to view with my setup with the new FOV. Great mod otherwise! Looking forward to the future updates.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

I've also tested the 799R, it is fun but somehow too sticky, whereby the character of rear drive is anyway clouded imho.

It is possible with the setup to develop a more sensitive vehicle where a rear-drive character is highlighted, the vehicle is more credible and the steering very dynamic (depending on setup), but the downforce setup allows for plenty of grip and also the mechanical grip seems to be a tick too much.

Stiffness at the rear also creates a lot of grip, that under acceleration the vehicle behaves like a light traction control where active. However in any case extremely traction is available, especially with use of downforce and rear stiffness (stabi).

Not much missing the car (feeling), it's all there just not as well balanced in my opinion otherwise I like the car. I look forward to more updates. Keep it up and thanks. :)