Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Thanks guys

It's up. Tracks are: LRP (with uphill chicane), Mores and Poznan.
    30min practice, no qual and no warmup. 20min race.

If you got kicked out of the server for unknown reason, please send me a PM.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, with the camber at min and with some other setting adjustment and ffb multi 1.8, it feels better.

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I didn't ecven change the camber still think its fine lol

4. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Awesome, It feels like someone gouged out my right eye.

I looked at the 799R and this is the only non-ISI mod I've found where everything I checked coincides with real life data. Well done!

RE: Steering ratio, seems like AI had a bit of a time getting out of the pit garages @ LM.

5. mittenes

mittenes Registered

Hi. I spent a few hours with the 799R and it really feels realistic (the very caracteristic handling of this car is very well reproduced) and what an engine sound !
    Many thanks for all this amazing work.

6. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Ricardo F. Edelmann Registered

Mod is quite nice! but there's one question. will the corvette and the 799 get a overworked Model or will this stay like this? i mean it's pretty cool that these cars have amazing physics. but if one model looks perfect and the others doesn't it's not that cool ;)

Cheers
    Rico

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

LesiU one serious problem is the Merc steering ratio is set to 420 as default. Now I may not have access to real world data however as far as I know all GT series cars run anywhere from 520 - 612 wheel ratios. Usually 540.

And there is something strange on the roof of the Corvettes. Look at the very top from overhead in Ales s garage you can see it. Not as easily seen on the yellow ones. Almost looks like a robot face. LOL

Also the Merc dash is off to the left. Check alignment of Magnetti it is most def left. Im sure I cant be the only one that has this. I am only telling you these things so you can check before update.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
  8. Marek Lesniak

@lordpantsington
    Well. what can I say... you know me :)
    With AI and 799 - I don't think it's about steering ratio as it's fine. It's definatelly something else.

@Ricardo
    Yes, I believe at some point Yoss will remake them for higher quality.

@ Black Dice
    According to a few videos I saw, drivers could rotate only by +/-210 degrees. Of course, IF I find it's more then I will correct it but right now, based on my current knowledge, it is how it is.
    Yoss didn't change anything with SLS model compared to previous version of the mod. I only moved the camera slightly sideways (left or right... don't remember). We will check the model, if there's indeed something wrong with it. Thanks for letting us know.
    With Corvette, we also check that, whatever that might be :)

9. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Cool man. Might have a low 600 degree rotation perhaps? Even F1 cars have around 460. I swear you guys had the first version at 540. Cant check. Deleted it. LOL Thanks

10. Marek Lesniak

Yes, at the time, it was my shot at something "typical" but then later I saw those videos and changed to 420 :p

11. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Small quibble: The right side wheel nuts are not blue on the 799R.

12. yoss

yoss Registered

exact, not on the 799 RGT3

13. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Can provide you with templates for our future creations? :)

14. kpawson

kpawson Registered

I noticed that to, but I think that's more to do with the new MidOhio and AIW etc... don't know I'm not expert in RF mods. However, I ran a race at Hockenheim and the AI showed no issues like they had at MO and the car I was driving (997) just seemed to work better there with my setup and driving style etc... strange how a different track actually made this car mod feel better.

Great work by Apex ad thanks for making it!

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You are right. Look this vid from 0.30 and you see that even formula 1 car have more than 420 degrees. Most time you see formula one drivers using only 90-180 degrees but to conclude that this must be the whole range is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzCMGN_bjYU

The typical steering transmission in racing cars is nearly 12:1. Formula One cars are often set to 450 Wheel range and 18 degrees steering lock and thats a 12,5:1 ratio.
    GT Cars are mostly set to 570-612 degrees wheel range with 22-25 degrees steering lock. That means a 12:1 steering transmission too.
    Most of all you can say that it is impossible to conclude of the wheel range by watching videos, because the drivers donĀ“t really uses the whole range. They have allways a reserve. So the 420 degrees are to low i am sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I've tried yesterday the 0.88 version. Nothing additionel to report because the small issues are already reported by other drivers.
    I had to raise my ffb multi up to around 1.5 (VLM Mid Ohio 2.0) with my CSR-E.

Racing with AI out the box was much fun and exciting with this mod track combo.

It would make me very happy if you find someday time to bring the two new models on the same top notch level as the SLS :)
    The engine sounds for the 799 could be a little louder compared to the SLS and Vette

Many thanks for the update :) !

17. yoss

yoss Registered

with the new 64 bits version who seem to be one work in isi , may be fps can raise up and 4 g limit down with .
    Sls 3d model is HP , some computer suffer with him, so in the futur all the car at the same level is a good idea .don't worries , when the time has come i surely remade the 2 news model .

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yes it is sure a good idea to wait how the the upcoming 64bit version will perform and if it make some parts easier to implement.
    Since I play with the developer mode to understand how the things work together I have a little idea how much work it is to bring stuff on this level :p

Thanks to the whole team for all the time and work you put into I'm very thankful for all that :)

19. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thought I'd report that my fps problems are gone with this update. Also seat position is usable. Only had a quick look with AI driving and it looks like the opponents mirrors still reflect properly. The reason I've mentioned this three times now is cos I don't see the opponents mirrors reflect properly on any other mod or ISI's work and I can't seem to get a reply from anyone about it! For me, from my cockpit view, other mod or ISI's opponents mirrors are just greyed out or, with recent builds, sort of off putting bright white. Can someone please tell me what I'm supposed to be seeing regarding opponents mirrors? Are they supposed to work properly or not? Is it just this mod? Am I seeing things?!!
    And thanks again for this work. Much appreciated.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tried the update (Porsche only) in the ISR server and I must say that APEX modding has done really good job. Might be my new favourite GT car. No problems here. Set the ffb multi to 0.92 (T500RS, normally 0.55-0.6 with other cars). ffb was good and no problems here. Nothing to complain either. Thank you :)