Real F1 2014 Season - Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by MikeeCZ, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

F1 is big so mockery is eminent, whatever the topic is.
    And if we can't mock things, why did they invent the interweb? :p

If its possible on all forums then you change the title in edit/advanced.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You say that as if it's a fact? It's not a fact that they're ridicilous. It's an opinion.
    Taste is not democratic mind you. Just because the majority think so, doesn't make it so.

A lot of people share this opinion, that the F1 2014 cars are hideous. Why I don't know.

Because I find the new cars thrilling and beautiful. That's just my opinion.
    I like to keep an open mind. And most things that are very different are beautiful to me. That's how I am.

So the childish mockery just annoys me. Not to say that people can't do that; of course they can.

It just seems to me like some sort of snowball effect is taking place right now.
    And all the pics of monkeys with huge snouts, dolphins and McLaren penetrating Lotus... Well; it's getting on my nerves. :)

That's my five cents.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

First of all, thank you Tim for changing the topics Title

hexagramme: You have very healthy opinion on the thing, altho when you said "I say it as its a fact", see me speaking equals me expressing my opinion, so i said it as my opinion which, as matter of fact, is shared by many others here and as you said, that does not make it a fact. Neither your opinion is a fact (yet i know you never stated such) so the whole forum idea (from ancient rome to the present day) is actually a media for expressing opinions of many individuals, ideally for purpose of coming into a common verdict, or simply to share a topic.
    I hope you are not getting annoyed too much, as you can expect this to continue, including this topic

Now lets get rid of the philosophy and get back to topic

Kimi and Sebastian both today said that it is far more challenging to get the most out of the new engines, the cars are a lot more handfull and simply the game is changing dramastically - This is a brilliant chance for Sebastian to prove that he trully is the best of best, or it will otherwise show that the majority of fans where right saying it was mostly the car that did the trick

Be as it may be, i have seen some analizing of Sebastians vs Marks Webbers driving in "the same cars" (please note that i put that term in quotes) and Sebastian trully was superior over Mark in technique and execution, so i really cant wait to see what will happen this year

5. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Mclaren would look nice in game .

http://[​IMG]

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

8. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Neil Oatley
    Director of Design and Development Programmes

Neil Oatley arrived in Formula 1 during an era in which designers also had to turn their hands to practical race engineering. He joined Williams as a draughtsman in 1977, moving on to race-engineer Clay Regazzoni and Carlos Reutemann, and working alongside world champions Keke Rosberg and Nigel Mansell.

Exclusive winter interview at The McLaren Technology Centre:

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Beautiful :)

12. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Williams is looking strong in pre-season testing. Hopefully, this will be a comeback year for them, after the terrible year they had last year. They just need to keep their momentum going throughout the season.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

7 days and counting .Ill be there when the beast come flying past on next Friday practise...will post some pics when I get home

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay guys; is there something wrong with me?

I'll tell you what happened; I read the headline of this topic: "The real F1 season 2014" and I just open it, thinking: "I really got to have this MOD!!"

:) See how this game brainwashes you? ;)

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Best looking cars top 3 imo: 1. Williams 2. Mercedes 3. Ferrari

I also like Force India's paintjob

ugliest is Caterham :p

I really hope Red Bull will fail miserably this season.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Don't worry mate.. They will. :cool:

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Im quite sure that RD will be in the front again, i hope you guys arent buying the shift they pretent as struggels :)

But ye Williams looks like top 4 so far. and about the livery - in my opinion, Martini simply belongs to racing, so i was happy to see it

18. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

I really like the cars on track, but still don´t like side view of the cars.

Ferrari look stunning when they put a cam in the end of a straight and show the car coming. And i usually don´t like Ferrari cars (with some exceptions from the 80´s and 90´s decades)

Marussia again made a beautiful car. Mercedes another beauty. Force India, not beautiful as last year but still.
    Red Bull is awesome too but Mclaren (beside new paint scheme) and Caterham are the ugliest on grid.
    Williams looks average to me. White car beautiful as Brawn 2009 i think will never appear again.

Until now, saved the proportions, look like that 70´s seasons with every team working with different solutions.

ps: despite the beautiful car, what a fail of Lotus. Hope they sorted thing out quickly this year or their future as F1 team it ´s not too bright considering their already known financial problems.

ps: Although i don´t have crystal ball, I think this year we will see how much Raikkonen is a overrated driver (my opinion) besides seems a nice guy. Alonso will kick him in the butt. Even personally i dont like the spanish too much... what a driver!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  19. Emil Zhelyazkov

Emil Zhelyazkov Registered

Sounds are awfull. But cars are unstable I think that will be interesting season. Driver's season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I have reported you to the authorities. Don't bash Raikonnen Luis or Jerry or whatever your name is are you even a real person lopl.

I just watched qualifying on the bbc and I think I need to find a broadcaster with no-comments. in previous seasons it was ok with Coulthard and his mate and pit reporters babling away but now I don't hear the cars at all. and these guys just wont shut up for more then 2 seconds, bloody annoying already and we haven't even started yet.

Is there a no-comment broadcast anywhere in the world?