GTX 780Ti - Strange patchy graphics in cockpit view..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Build 382

Hi,

Upgraded from a HD4890 to GTX 780Ti and I still have weird patchy graphics within the cockpit view (see attached). I have all in game & nividia control panel setting set to max whilst testing the civic. Also with this upgrade am still finding the AA ordinary even at 8X SS.

Is this normal?

View attachment 11524

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

mm

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Sorry, where? i dindt see anything unusual.

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Over the steering wheel and under the left instrument cluster mainly.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

left of the steering wheel, yeah I get this some times in the 370z (HD7850), I did bring it up ages ago but nothing ever came of it.

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered

yeah i also remembered coming across a thread but I cant seem to find it.. Pretty bad considering its the a high end card..

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Can you try a different hdr profile (none)? Maybe it's a bloom problem.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

I have triples here. First I thought also "sorry where lol", but then I moved the pic to the middle screen from the left screen and I can see what he means.
    See it on the right monitor also.

Left one is connected via active mini dvi, middle is dvi and right one is hdmi. But maybe it's just a monitor/color config thing.

8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes that's strange. When looking at the screenshot I can't see anything unusual on my HP LP2475W, but when moving it to my DELL 2405FPW I can clearly see purple patches. Both connected via DVI on same GPU. GPU is a GTX570.

BTW, I have a GTX780 TI on my other system and never noticed anything unusual on my LG 3DTV and HP LP2475W. I don't use the DELL 2405FPW for the other system.

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ Tosch - Cheers I just tried that and it did have an effect whereby it removed some of the magenta however it was still very blotchy. I tried the C6 at Silverstone and it was fine however the civic still had issues. If i open the following attachment in gimp or firefox it shows alot more detail of the problem I am see as compared to windows picture viewer..

are there profiles for 382 I should be using?

View attachment 11525

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I'd suggest to check both monitor and GPU gamma. Usually when you start seeing compression artifacts inside dark areas is because the gamma is too open.

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Good to know. I only seem to see it on this car. My monitor does need recalibration however it not to far out. waiting on the colormunki..

12. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Oh! i see, yes, hdr ranges! try another one, personally i use the ISI Silverstone ones, with and without bloom.

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ Tuttle - Tried an old windows colour profile for the time being and that fixed it up 90%. cheers.

14. Tuttle

Good! :)

15. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I also get strange blocky textures inside the Nissan GTR with my 780ti but it happened with the 770 as well, when I had a 7970 the textures looked fine (but I only got 25 fps average with triples lol)

16. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

happens to me too. I have another thread don't know where. I'm with 760gtx and default gamma. all other games is fine. this is noticeable heavily in night racing. or at sunset.

I don't know what happened. I changed gamma and then back to original. when I was seeing your image samples and mines http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14820-HDR-shadows?highlight= all that weird color in blacks are gone. try changing gamma and then back to default. but the overall image is now clearly darker

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

is there software to help with calibrating your monitor? It's not anything I've ever thought of before but if it helps I may asswell give it a bash!

18. Tuttle

First thing I suggest is to see if you can access to a specific profile for your monitor. If you don't have any profile then you can try using the monitor calibration in the colour management control panel. You can find the Calibrate Display in the Advanced tab.

Just follow the instructions on your monitor, step by step, and turn off any light source from your room before proceed. Don't look at your monitor from an angle during calibration.

I also suggest to reset your monitor setup to default values to avoid calibrating via software above a pre-calibrated monitor. If you find a good calibration, then you can just fine tune your monitor if needed.

Your main goal is to find a proper black color, with just a bit of readable information, and a proper gray without color dominance.

19. Tuttle

The gamma correction is not something to do without calibration. As a first test you an check the big black circle and check if you can barely see the left portion and clearly see the right portion. In this case your gamma is probably ok. If you can't see the left part and barely see the right part, then the gamma is too low. At the opposite, if you can clearly see the left part and the right part is bright then your gamma is too open. In both cases you need to calibrate.

[​IMG]

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Awesome thanks Tuttle, I'll have a play with this later, come to think of it I dont think i've ever calibrated a monitor since the CRT days in the 1990s!