Skin packs for rFactor2

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by baristabrian, Jan 24, 2014.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Is it possible to create custom skin packs for rFactor2 as many leagues do for rFactor1? Not having much luck with this auto skin transfer thru the server.

If so could someone point me to a tutorial on how it should be done, how its assembled, where the files go, ect...

Would be nice to be able to create custom teams as we do for rFactor1.

2. DA

DA Registered

What's your problems with skinpack? o_O

Example, my skinpack for Marussia -> F1 2013. If you know how work in the photoshop, then it's no problem for make individual skins.

rFactor 2 support skins like rFactor 1. :) But in the rF2 very easy support. :)

3. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

I know how to make a skin, and how to place an "alt" skin in the game, but how do you create team skin PACKS for a league and place them in this game. Obviously not as you do for rFactor1.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Why not?

I have not tested this but I think it works the same as in rf1, just different locations.

For example all Eve skins go in userdata/player/settings/ISI_Eve_Vehicle/MS10_8 and/or MS10_7 etc

So create/collect skins and create a folder structure aiming towards ISI_Eve_Vehicle-folder. or multiple folders when using more then one car. tell users to unzip into settings and it would distribute all skins in 1 go?

5. DA

DA Registered

@Denstjiro: You try it or no? :)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm guessing you are saying my assumptions are wrong? :p

7. steeve

steeve Registered

The answer also interested me, Possible or not.
    If you compile a file that will install in userdata / player / settings / name of the car / ... and everyone made ​​the same installation, is what will be visible to all in-line or will they see the original mode cars?? or should perhaps compile a mod update or rebuild a complete mod with everything in it?? The goal is to download the least possible level file size downloading by all.

PS: the goal is to also see the rims and custom windows for everyone ..

8. R-B

R-B Registered

You must create your own vehicle mod. So, you must create your own "vehicle.mass" file. The mass file is containing all the .dds files en .veh file. The .veh file contains driver / teamname etc etc.

So, yes same kind of work like rF1, but now you must also put them in a .mass file and create a vehicle mod file.

9. steeve

steeve Registered

yes, I see what to do but once I created a file. MAS, what tool should I use mas2.exe?

View attachment 11568

If someone can give me some info or a tutorial would be better, I have not found it, I may be looking in the wrong place. I have already been there for over a year to compile a mod but I remember having struggled tremendously. So in the end, ca be quite simple.