How to create skin package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlos26, Jan 21, 2014.

1. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

hi guys, would like someone to tell me how to make skin packaged, run to a championship.

No MAS2 if the tool or is used, someone could say please?

thanks

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Carlos, unless you are planning on running online with real people, in order to create a skinpack you would need to edit files and repackage them. There are car files that will have to be duplicated and then altered to reflect the livery for each and every car you want in the package, and yes will will have to use the MAS2 tool to put things back together into a mod.

3. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

ok, thank you

4. Guilherme Faustini

Guilherme Faustini Registered

Is the helmet skin transfer avaiable? or only the car skin?

I put the helmet and car skin in .MAS file, but it only shared the car skin...

5. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

I only thing I want is to pack all the custom skins, to a championship run. if there is not some kind of tutorial or something like that

6. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Do you want to create a skinpack to a league championship? And you want to pack it all so you could share with other drivers?
    In RF2 each driver can use their custom skin without the "rf1" need of skinpacks by organization.
    You just need to allow your server to receive custom skins and each driver need to turn on the "download custom skins" on UI.
    After that, each time a driver joins with a custom skin it will upload automaticaly to server without the need of further actions. Also each driver who joins download also automaticaly that skin (and all other custom skins).
    Is that what you want?

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

But the old option is still there though, just saying.
    Collect all skins, create a folder-structure mirroring rf2's skin-folders, zip it, distribute to members, they just unzip it into userdata/player/settings and the skins and/or folders get placed into the right locations.

As said, its the old method but it should still work.