Reactivation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aldrew, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Silvio Briza

Silvio Briza Registered

Hello, send e-mail two days ago activations@rfactor.net not get
    response, formatted my computer when I validate the RF2, I got the
    message that my system had been changed and should contact the email
    quoted above they informed me that ... this forum with the help needed
    to reactivate my RF2 ......

2. Silvio Briza

Silvio Briza Registered

Hello Tim, send e-mail two days ago activations@rfactor.net not get response, formatted my computer when I validate the RF2, I got the message that my system had been changed and should contact the email quoted above they informed me that ... this forum with the help needed to reactivate my RF2 ......

3. Silvio Briza

Silvio Briza Registered

Hello Tim, send e-mail two days ago activations@rfactor.net not get
    response, formatted my computer when I validate the RF2, received the
    message that my system had been changed and should contact
    with email activations@rfactor.net ... They informed me that this forum actually with you, get the help you need to reactivate my RF2 ......
    thank !!!

4. Silvio Briza

Silvio Briza Registered

with email activations@rfactor.net ... They informed me that this forum actually with you, get the help you need to reactivate my RF2 ......
    thank !!!

5. Silvio Briza

Silvio Briza Registered

thank !!!

6. jboifli

jboifli Registered

im having issue with reactivating my accnt on a new pc

7. giudi

giudi Registered

Hi TIM,
    two days ago i sent to activations@rfactor.net and renewals@rfactor.net my lic. details because i upgrade my pc and i receive a message when i click to activate to contact us for activate, because i reinstalled windows 7 many times and rfactor2 on the same hardware machine.

I have already sent an email but i got no answer, can you help me?

Thanks

:)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Done.

9. 88mphTim

Already did you somehow.

10. 88mphTim

You're already done.

11. 88mphTim

I don't normally have access to the activations email, but he seems to be more than 2 days behind right now. He's just let us know he's quite sick, so I'll probably be doing them for a bit if it continues.

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Similar issue. Installed on a new computer and was told to E-mail Activations@rfactor.net for assistance. I hope I get activated quickly as I have a league race on Sunday and need practice something fierce. :p

I installed windows on new machine and was able to activate it once. I then replaced my .rfactor folder in the appdata folder with a backup from my old machine thinking that it would simply overwrite the activation as well as fix my online name back to what it was before the re-install. It fixed the name but de-activated the installation and advised me to contact the listed E-mail. I am pretty sure the game called me a schmuck somewhere along the way as well... LOL Just kidding.

I am curious though. If I replace my machine again in February, as I expect I will, will I have to do this again or will the "activation" button work at that time. BTW I will have renewed my license by then.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  13. raven

raven Registered

Same here (no new computer, but reinstalled windows), and wrote the mail on wednesday. Well, after I read few other threads to backup the .rfactor folder for the future, I remembered that i should have such a backup.
    I even found it, but unluckily that one must be to old. It didn't work :(

Please help. Thanks :)

14. Depco

Depco Registered

Thank you for re-activating my program. I do have to ask though. In the e-mail I received you stated:

Let me explain what happened so we can see how this transpired. When I purchased rFactor 2 I was brand new in the sim racing genre. I had a simple microsoft wheel and pedal. I used my main gaming rig and hooked up the wheel when I wanted to play. (Activation 1) I then moved onto a home built racing rig complete w/ mounted G27 and auto seat. For this I could no longer use my Main gaming rig so I cobbled together a less powerful machine for this rig. (2nd activation). This computer was woefully inadequate to run rF2 so I had to find another to run on the rig... I located some parts and built another one to put on the rig (3rd activation). By this time I had realized that there was a soft cap on the number of activations so I decided to stay with the mediocre machine for a while. I then started running leagues and realized the computer on my rig was not sufficient to give me smooth, lag and stutter free play. So I started to move my main gaming computer to my racing rig for league races. This computer had my original 1st activation on it still. Fast forward a few months and I receive an upgrade to my computer (Motherboard and CPU). I reactivate my license on the new computer. (4th activation). I realized that my online naming scheme was not correct and used the .rfactor file from my backup to place my online name on the new computer. This made the name usable again but de-activated my game, hence the e-mail to ISI.

ISI re-activated the license for me within a couple of days. But I am concerned that when I get a much better rig for my racing rig in Feb or March of 2015, as I plan on doing, I will have to do this all over again.

I am also i bit put off by the tone of the "warning" in the E-mail. I suspect that the mail is simply boilerplate drivel and that no offense was meant, but the simple fact that it is included makes me believe that ISI assumes I am doing something against the license agreement. All computers in this story are housed at the same address and have the same outgoing IP, and no two computers are running rFactor 2 at the same time (except the server which is hosting the leagues second server. However, that one is using the unactivated lite version with only the dedicated server portion of the program and is not being used to do anything else but host the server). At no time did I give anyone else my license/login info or use more than one computer to play the game at the same time. I feel that I am staying within the license agreement and that the insinuation of wrongdoing on my part is incorrect.

If ISI were to move to a more modern activation protocol, such as Steam, they could stop using such draconian processes to keep pirated software from infecting the servers. Maybe I'm wrong, but the current process feels old and out of date.

/endrant

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Mentioning this as draconian and then using Steam as an example (more Draconian)... Just pointing out this small aspect, the rest of the message makes plenty of sense.

16. Depco

Depco Registered

I would actually disagree. While I understand that the fact that you have to log into steam to play any of the games attributed to the account, They dont care how many computers you install the game onto or where you are when you install the game. The only thing that is required is that you are logged into steam while you play the game and that no other computers are logged on with your account at the same time. There are no maximum number of installs that I am aware of.

This to me seems less reliant on strict controlling of the software as what ISI has put into place. Since they said that I installed the software on multiple computers it would be logical to believe that they are logging the IP's, computer specs, and ID's of those who activate accounts. Otherwise, they would not be able to track the software.

In either case I am satisfied that my account has been re-activated. It just seems like more work than necessary to do it in this manner. I suspect that they dont go to steam simply due to the cost of their services.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

As far as I know they don't "track" anything, apart from number of activations, same as with rF1. If they would really care about specific hardware etc, then they wouldn't give new activations as easily as by simple email request.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Steam also checks all of your computer specifics. It gives you the control over the total activations - as long as you're online - but the draconian aspect wasn't the allowed activations, it was on the platform and its policies instead. Different topic which has been covered numerous times and to which I'll not derail this thread.

19. cespinoza77

cespinoza77 Registered

need activation

need activation as well all I did was to upgrade my GPU and here I'm instead of playing a game that was all ready purchased lets see how long it takes and I don't even remember activating this game for more than 4 times

anyways thanks maybe hiring more people to have a better customer support

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Midnight on a Sunday... The only way would be something automated.