6 or 7 seconds delay in racesession

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcel van der Linden, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Marcel van der Linden

Marcel van der Linden Registered

Hi guys,

I have a problem in race session.

After a few laps 4 - 7 laps i have a serious delay. Like im in a very slow motion mode. It lasts for about 6 seconds and then it drives normally.
    After the delay i lost 4 or 5 seconds in game.

I have windows 8.1 x64 with an ATI 7950 3GB With catalist 3.12.

Somebody have any idea?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What CPU? Does it have a speedboost or changeable speed? I assume your system is changing while rF2 is running.

3. Marcel van der Linden

Thnx for your reply Tim!

I have a 2700K CPU

4. 88mphTim

That CPU has Intel Turbo Boost. My CPU has that as well I believe, and I don't get this issue. Curious if you are overheating and it is throttling down to reduce heat... You could try disabling it, but if it is throttling down due to heat, you might cause overheating doing that. Cleaned fans recently?

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If the slow downs are consistent then its also worth checking if some application is running in the background. could be a virus scanner having issues with auto updating and repeating it every once in a while.

Fan-cleaning is indeed a good tip, it should be the first thing we check with any pc issues, I've helped so many people over the years by just suggesting that :)

6. 88mphTim

I use Outlook for work, and have an 'appointment' every month with fan cleaning. ;)

7. TMoney

TMoney Registered

If it's consistent then it should be fairly easy to narrow down using windows performance monitor and gpu monitoring software such as MSI Afterburner. When the slow down happens back out of the game and look at utilization. Then maybe looks at what processes are running and how many resources are being consumed. It's a start anyway.

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nah. My works fine. Should last another 2 years. :)

9. TMoney

TMoney Registered

HAha. Long as the fans still spin it's game on right. :p

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

It's like a bloody fossil record for every human being that's been near your house.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't perpetuate that myth :)

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

It clearly has been a long time since that PC was cleaned, or the person uses it outside in the dust all the time, hehe.

13. Marcel van der Linden

Hi Guys,

Well i tested all stuff. In singeplayer i dont have the issue. I can drive alot of laps without any slow motion effect and with 25 AI on same track, same mod as where i have the problem. So it looks like its in the MP.

And my PC is clean and no high temps. Always under 53C.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Marcel, have you tried opening task manager and setting it to the performance tab and also running MSI afterburner in the background whilst playing and then when the issue occurs let it run it course until it passes and the game is running back to normal again, then alt+tab out to the desktop and see which component (if any) shows a change in performance on the graph during the 6-7 second freeze. This is the first step to help identify if it's your cpu or gpu that is the cause of the problem.

15. Marcel van der Linden

Well i cant play any races.. Just crashed me and others out.

If i disable it... then, when your theory is right, it shouldn't happen again?

And i have it since i went from windows 7 to 8.1

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  16. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Marcel,

I experienced exactly the same symptoms before. The culprit, as Tim stated above, was the CPU throttling of my AMD. In my case, in contrary to yours, they were rather absent with W8.1, but then returned when I re-installed 7.

17. Marcel van der Linden

Hi guys.

I tested it without the turbo boost. But still i have the problem.

If i run the intel turing utility to monitor cpu then when i have the 1 fps thing/slow motion then the CPU Utilization bar is going from normally 15% to 40%.

I dont know what it means but i never finish a race. I tested it also in singeplayer and i have same problem there but diffrent way.
    In MP its 1 large slow motion for about 3 or 4 seconds. In singeplayer with 25AI i have stutters that lasts 1 sec for a few times.

18. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Some other suggestions:
    If you have anti-virus software that automatically updates frequently like Norton Internet Security, look for a "Silent Mode" or some such thing that you can invoke for the duration of your racing session.
    If you use a wireless keyboard and/or mouse, check the battery charge to ensure that applets are not reporting a low state of charge for the batteries while you are racing.
    Try IObit's Razer Game Booster or something similar to shut down unnecessary background programs that may interfere with the game's need for CPU processing power or internet bandwidth.
    Shutdown useless Tray apps that Game Booster doesn't stop.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Is it fool-proof? I've tried prog's like that in the past and it messed up my system. I'm a bit reluctant to use it but its also tempted to try again :)

20. elbo

elbo Registered

i have the exact same symptoms online as well as off.
    don't know if its a coincidence or not but it started happening after I installed the Hondas but it happens even when I'm driving other cars so I don't know if this mod is necessarily the culprit.