Make packages more 2GB capacity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlos26, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

1-Its possible to add in rfcmp hdr profiles, real road files, setups, skins and when unpack all by installing with mod manager and the system you put every file on its right location on Documents/rfactor2/installed?

2- if i have a track only with Mas files, it could be put on installedfolder/location/ like we do on rf1? (the track could be installed but not save the rfcmp on your PC but you has the folder wtih mas files or you accidentally deleted the rfcmp file) I know that i can use the mas tool to pack all files - less the mft file that could not be package- and it becomes functional if you have to uninstall only the software core?

3- cmp stands for component, right? rf stands for rfactor?

4- The mod manager is like a winrar or zip better suited?

Hope you see.

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Too late. I will be caught on a loop just like Mrsflsfl on save setting on exit when modding UI.

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If all you are doing is creating something that other people in a league can grab to ensure they have all the content for the league, put all of the required files into a rar file and seed a torrent. Have all the rest of the guys do the same thing and the download speed will get faster for the later guys. Then they just unrar the file and put all the files into their packages folder and install them. The biggest issue with this is going to be keeping that up to date if the files get updated. Much better just to list what track and car mods are required along with their versions and provide links to them. Then just use the vmod to ensure that there is a specific "mod" being used for the season.

4. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

I understand what you're saying, but the problem is that not all circuits are of ISI, then maybe the download does not work, this may be so?

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

6. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

OK, but downloading take to excess rFactor2 from the server is not it?

What I wanted was to create a package, upload some download site (MEGA, Mediafire etc ...) and I would download, install and run in package

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It doesn't take anything from the server if you use Noel's instructions (or ISI content which has this build-in already)
    External downloads are designed to remove server-loads.

Anyone knows what is up with this entry in the .plr file?
    Auto Install Uninstalled Content In Packages Directory="0"

Because if that works then Carlos wish would become a little closer.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That setting causes rF2 to scan the packages folder for any components that aren't installed and installs them automatically without having to run ModMgr.