Make packages more 2GB capacity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlos26, Jan 15, 2014.

1. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Hey guys. I have a question. I want to make a package with all circuits and mod you'll use in a championship, but apparently too entire set weighs around 2.5 gb.

My question is whether there is a limit when creating packages for rFactor2? If I remove any component lets me do it, but if I spend a certain GB wont let me have some limit MAS2?

thanks

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I think theres is no size limit in packages.

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I believe there is a limit. Thats the official reason that F1 2013 RFT final version 2.2 has not been released afaik. Its more than 2 GB with tracks.

4. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Thanks for the replies. I currently have a 3gb echo packet, and does not give me any problem. I have put the mod the 370z and 7 circuits, this whole pack weighs 3gb and does not give me any problem, that if the circuits are all ISI not know if this has something to do.

The other package I want to do is with the corvette and 11 circuits, some of which are conversions, but this whole, weighs less than the other 2.5 gb.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Next build will allow big mods. Just tested with a 5GB mod.

6. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Thanks tim, wait for the next build to make packages more capacity l. By the way any news about the next build?

Enviado mediante Tapatalk

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thats great news!

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi Carlos. From my own experience in our league it is not worth it. You might divide it into several multicomponents for base content to avoid too many downloads. However, the benefit of only having one archive is actually not much worthy. Create a vmod for each race where you can implement particular updates to cars or tracks (if using converted tracks to correct bugs or implement drs zones for example) to better suit your champ and can be later easily uninstalled by uninstalling the mod (useful when modifying original ISI content for example). Server is easily restarted and get mod feature works perfect for this typically small sized vmods.

enviado mediante tapatalk

10. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Spaskis Thanks, but I do not understand much and what you want to say, or the translator is playing me. : D

You mean that in every career package is made for that event? Personally prefer to leave everything ready and not be doing anything that alla during the championship, just upload the data to the SLS and replays

11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Jeremy Miller ‏@jeremymmiller 14 Jan

12. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

ahaha

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

@Carlos: What Spaskis is trying to say is that vmods, especially ones which only have ISI content are very light and easy as they are typically less than 5Mb in size. The reason they are so small is due to them only containing data that is not already in the other packages that most folks already downloaded and installed. This makes it faster and easier to apply updates as needed without having to tell everyone that they have to download another 2Gb of information to participate in the event that is tomorrow. As long as you keep your vmod up to date and available to download from the server, then everything will work out great.

15. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

ok Thanks

16. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

a question, I can make a package with only circuits? ie not put any mod, only the circuits?

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I also suggest busting mods up into as many GetMod enabled components as possible and then make one big Multi-Cmp for people that want to download the mod and install it by hand. If the mod is too big and you don't want to wait for the next build then make a few Multi-Cmps.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes. You can do whatever you want. It's a very flexible.

19. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

I want to do is get 11 circuits, mod corvette and skinpack. We put everything in a download, to make things easier for people, and not have 2 or 3 downloads.

The problem is that it takes too long and will not let me do it.

This is what I want to do:

View attachment 11488

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Why 11 in one download? Is this for a full season? If so it would probably be best to bust them up so that if a new version of a track comes out you don't have to build another massive package. With GetMod your guys can join the server and the car and track automatically downloads. Sure they get a new track download for each race but it is fully automated and a single track isn't going to take that long. Some of your members may already have some of the tracks and in that case they can join without waiting for GetMod to download stuff.