SweetFX - Can someone please Help me get it working

Discussion in 'Modding' started by TMoney, Jan 13, 2014.

1. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Hi, I've been trying for days to get SweetFX working with rF2 but no such luck. I've read up and followed any instructions I found online or here but it will not work, latest build 382. I'm using the newest version I could find (v1.5) and with Project CARS it works like a charm. I really love the effects which is why I'm dying to get it working. Here's what I've done:

-Download SweetFX (tried latest version 1.5, older version 1.2, Some custom Gladiator version)
    -Copy all contents to rF2 root directory and move d3d9.dll to CORE folder
    -In game AA/FXAA is off (although injected AA through Nvidia Inspector), HDR on
    -Game crashes instantly upon startup, rF2 has stopped working....
    -I'm not using any other dll's that I know of
    The crash comes from when I move the dll file into the Core folder. If I put everything in root rF2 directory the game works but SweetFX doesn't

I'm not using any other dll's I'm aware of, and when installing SweetFX I was not prompted to overwrite anything. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  2. TMoney

TMoney Registered

I don't know if this will help but here is my config file:

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2013 ]] [[ ]]
    [COMPONENTS]
    LanguagesFile=GAME.DIC
    CPURating=5
    SystemRAM=12280
    VideoRAM=4084
    ObjDetail=3
    TexDetail=3
    VideoGUID=D7B71E3E-5344-11CF-6757-89071CC2C435
    VideoDriver=0
    VideoMode=29
    VideoRefresh=0
    WindowedMode=0
    RunBenchmarks=0
    FSAA=0
    VSync=0
    UsePostFX=0
    UseHDRProcess=1
    ShaderLevel=0
    SubViews=0
    WidescreenUI=1
    WidescreenHUD=1
    CustomVidRes=(0, 0)
    MinimumVidRes=(800, 600)
    MaximumVidRes=(8000, 6000)

[INSTALL]
    InstallFrom=
    InstallTo=

[AUTOLAUNCH]
    Mode=Off
    LaunchTime=600

[VERSION]
    Version=-1.000000

3. bbel

bbel Registered

Hi,
    I did have the same problem.
    You can try to delete "config.ini" (you can save it), RF2 will generate a new one.
    dll in root rF2 directory.
    Start RF2, set up thhe config.
    Bbel.

4. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Thanks for the reply and good thought. Unfortunately for me it didn't work. Did exactly as you said.

Any other suggestions from anyone? I really want to get this working so bad! Even a shot in the dark please share with me. I don't understand why it won't work. I have a fresh installed 382, using only the pedal overlay plugin, some HDR profiles (Luck06), with a handful of cars and tracks. No trackmap plugin or any other dll's I see in the root folder. I use MSI Afterburner to monitor my GPU. Should it matter which SweetFX version I use?

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

If you have Amd card, you can try running SwFx through RadeonPRO.

You extract Swfx files in a folder somewhere on your disk and set RadeonPro to use SwFx from that folder. Than create a profile in RPro for RF2 and enable swfx.

No need to additionally install swfx in RF2 and mix those dll files, or setting proxy dll, RPro will use swfx as its own.

That way you can use other RF2 plugins without interfering with swfx, such as Trackmap plugin.

And you can easily edit swfx settings in RPro, much simplier than editing files in notepad.

6. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Thanks, I have a GTX 780 but anyhow I got it working! ;)

For anyone else this may help in the future:

After reading the release notes and compatibility section of V1.5, it states "it does not work well with most programs that overlay an image onto the game. It has a workaround for the Steam overlay so that will work, and you can make overlays based on Rivatuner OSD work as well with a compability setting in those overlays , but other overlays may prevent SweetFX from making changes to the image or outright crash the game - turn those off."

The only possible overlay I have is MSI Afterburner. I don't even have the on screen display shown on screen, but I do have monitoring through my G15 keyboard. All I needed was to close MSI Afterburner and she works like a charm. Strange how I don't have this issue with pCARS, although that's running in DX11 so that may be the reason. Now to get it working with AB.....

7. dandaman84

dandaman84 Registered

Could you maybe help me get my sweetfx working? I've done just about anything in the past few days, i know i am missing something, :)