382 is the most unstable build in a long time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jello

Jello Registered

Poor Tim, must be hard dealing with threads like this where members go off on tangents all the time :confused:. Stick to the subject at hand, ignore the trolls, whinges etc... & point out issues with game in a sensible, polite manner.

I have to say, this build hasn't been good :(. Though these are the only issues I have encountered.
    1. Frame rate drop, when I have been running rF2 with all high/max settings since I got it 12 months ago & have had to drop a lot of settings back.
    2. The crash detection thing making cars leap, buck & roll over & play dead when racing on a server :confused: Really? ISI how could you miss that one in testing?

And yet, I still love this sim & have faith in ISI will get it sorted, I just think that ISI need to do more testing before they release a build or better testers, I mean seriously, shouldn't by rights each build improve the game? Not the other way around.

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I can't remember a build that I didn't suffer player join lag. The game freezes briefly, sometimes very briefly and other times it's slightly longer. Can easily cause a trip off track if you're mid corner and it slows your lap. You freeze but the server lap timer doesn't. I know this because when it happened running laps at Indy to within thousandths of a second i'd be around a tenth or so slower that lap, basically the length of time I spent motionless.

Had it again tonight running Eve F1 at Belgium on SR4L server. Does everyone get this or is there a solution for it on my end?

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes it does affect the lap time and it is annoying because mostly it happens when you are braking or in the middle of the turn:mad:

Sadly rf2 online is getting always worse! the sad thing that it was very good few months ago!

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I do, too. With my previous system I even had similar issues at Spa when they piled up in Eau Rouge.

5. 88mphTim

Most people do give feedback very well.

Yeah, I can see that it's gone back in some areas from a user perspective. Hopefully this will be seen as a foundation build going forward. I think some things went in a bit early, but you'll see the benefit eventually.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

AI training might help with that, so I'll try that today. Put an AI on track (I use AIautocalibrate=1) and have his create a learning file see if that helps. If the artifical idiots don't pile up around the fountain hopefully it won't happen again!

On a happy note- smoke and dust aren't a problem since I did a reinstall over my install. I deleted my profile rebuilt the shaders and all that and can do donuts, lazy-J's and smoke up my engine again.

OK, so today I could reproduce the game falling out of real time. I started a race at Long Beach with the Ford GT (only). 19 AI and me. I was using formation lap and rolling start, but I went to skip the formation lap and at the start line the cars were piled up on top of each [and me]. The game fell out of real time. All I could hear was a million crashes all around LOL.

I went back, switched to standing start only and ran a fun offline race against AI. training helped, but the AI still hit that wall before the fountain almost every time. But this time is more of a Monaco kiss than a race ending slam. 30 min race, 3 caution periods! But I have the AI SC to run very fast and for 1 lap only so little time lost. It was still a very close finish.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  7. Jello

Jello Registered

Oh for sure, there some regulars here truly provide great feedback & indeed must be a big help to you, the ISI team & us members & I for one appreciate their input & have found some great help in the forums :).

Oh well, s*#t happens Tim, but there is only one direction for rF2 & that is forward & it will no doubt end up being a great & long running sim like rF1 was & still is.

8. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

Is RF2 crashing to desktop a known issue when leaving a track in single player? No vmods installed, just "vanilla" ISI content in 382 larger install plus individual tracks/cars.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have had that too, NotG.

10. 88mphTim

One of the devs is working on the crashing issues f/t at the moment to track them down and fix as needed. If he needs more info than he can get from the various threads I'm sure he'll ask.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

How do you change collision model?
    Thanks in advance

12. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Upgraded from a GTX680 to GTX780 Ti and came across the same problem. RF2 worked perfectly before the upgrade then crashed what look like as the plugins loaded. I removed the trackmap and the problem cleared.

Another problem I notice is that there are so many files failing intergrity checks when verifying files. I did a lite install and a full installation and each time these files failed. Other than that gameplay is back to normal.

13. ViSo

ViSo Registered

In my league, after a long time with no problems, lot of players are having CTD and ''Connection Lost''. I had 2 Connection Lost in official races with DNF results being the Leader of the race, thats a bit frustating ... Hope next version fix this, I was thinking the game was released and stable and left the beta stage, I was wrong, thats not stable.

14. CountryWalks

CountryWalks Registered

I kept on getting CTD using 382 but I thought it was me so after uninstalling everything and trying several things I then had a damn renewal message pop up saying I have used all my licences and have to contact renewals to get it activated again. This happened yesterday and I still cant use rfactor2 !! if this game was not to crash every 5 minutes I would not have uninstalled everything and be in the situation im in now.

15. CountryWalks

CountryWalks Registered

Thanks PMC that's very good to know :)
    I've put in for a refund and will start again later in the year when rf2 is developed more.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's in the release notes.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In the 'omg' thread you created about reactivation you only said you'd installed it. You didn't mention crashing or uninstalling/reinstalling it. You also haven't put any of your specs in your profile or asked for help with crashing so it's very difficult for anyone to help you.

If you come back later this year and do the same you'll probably end up in the same situation.

18. CountryWalks

CountryWalks Registered

No that's not true. I narrowed it down to either trackmap plugin or slr pace car to be my problem and it would have been nice to find out but that damn renewal system renders the game useless.

19. MJP

MJP Registered

There's a 'soft' limit of 5 activations I believe before you have to email for more. Did you not get 5, or if you did what are you doing that causes you to keep having to reactivate?

20. CountryWalks

CountryWalks Registered

a combination of things when I first got the game I only had a asus g74sx laptop and when I got this pc now 16gb 1600mhz ram, gtx 780, 256gb ssd, i7 4770k cpu. I cranked the setting right up and it was good but I then got greedy with lots of mods and started to get ctd so I reinstalled the light version reactivated a couple of times and then before I know it I must have hit 5 activations.