382 is the most unstable build in a long time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The dedicated server almost never crashed with the last build, now I get a crash every few days. Today with 2 different mods on 2 different tracks I have had to reboot several times due to rfactor 2 locking up. In an online race today we had to do 2 restarts due to CTD issues with various drivers. Honestly I don't know how many had issues I lost track. I'm posting this n o w from my phone waiting for the pc to reboot AGAIN.

The last build was great- very stable. This one needs to be tossed out and we can revert to an earlier stable build. Please don't release builds just to release something, we need stable quality builds.
    was this build rushed out the door to keep on some sort of schedule?

edited to reflect main concern- game is unstable and crashes often.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Sigh... deep breath Guybo.. it will pass.
    [​IMG]

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have two servers what I use to rFactor2.

One server I have four dedicated servers (-Fun2Race.net-), live monitor, this server has never had any problems with build 382.
    What I notice about this server is that CPU Usage(i7 4770K@3,50Ghz) is 40-60% and Physical Memory usage (16Gb) is 30-40% when many players are logged.

The other server has three rFactor and only one rFactor2(-GP79 UNDERSTRICTED-) dedicated servers.This server crashed few times last week.
    CPU Usage was 15-25% and Physical Memory usage (4Gb) 50-70% when many players was logged.
    I updated ram from 4Gb to 8Gb and now is everything good.

To me it looks like build 382 requires very much computer power and recuses.

Maybe CPU affinity is a solution for you : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-assigned-to-a-specific-cpu-in-windows-vista/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

hmm, still havent installed 382 build and i guess ill skip that one. No time for MP at the moment and for SP and testing i can use older build than.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nothing wrong with offline for this build unless you load 30 civic AI at Silverstone! can't remember the last time i had a ctd...Long long time ago.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

382 crashed once, probably the first time I launched after updating, and after that it came all smooth, never had a problem since then. Not much time for online racing in this build, so, your mileage may vary.

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I had a couple of crashes at the initial release of 382 but I auto updated. Since then I fresh installed and run rF2 for at least 5 hrs per day without a glitch. On another note our clubs dedi has been up 24/7 since the update and has remained stable.

8. cubbi

cubbi Registered

Also don't had problems with this build, 2h online race went fine and didn't notice any downtime on our server

Only CTD I (always) get is when "alt tabbing" back in to the game the third time in a row - but that exists since some build(s)

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Run it in windowed mode. It will be full screen exactly the same as running without windowed mode and you will get no CTD´s.

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Having CTDs all around with this new build, as well as MANY other issues as I've written in other threads here.
    Not only me but MANY drivers I know in the 2 leagues I run.
    Being discoed in mods and tracks I've never been...
    Having replay issues I've never had (game crashes, skins are not loaded, invisible cars, stuttered motion, unable to control the cameras)...
    Game crashes/rF2 stop working when/where it never did...
    Can't race with the Civics...
    All was a "rose garden" before this build...
    Tried everything: lower video settings, windowed running, less visible cars, HDR on/off, various settings of filters on and off, new rF2 Lite install with "empty" Packages/Core contents (having only the components needed to run on the leagues), nothing worked.
    I thought they were issues on my end but as I read more and more about these SAME issues here and in the leagues I'm in, I tend to agree with Guybo: if there's someone that just knows what he is saying, he's the one...
    ...taking a "deep breath" just won't work...
    I really hope that ISI knows what is happening and get us another answer different from that simple "lower your settings" they provided us, beloved costumers/payers, with...thanks in advance...
    :rolleyes:

11. elbo

elbo Registered

Stuttering, its back with this build, especially problematic running the civic....

12. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I would like to suggest to change the name of this thread to:

[REL] rFactor 2 Build 382 Released [Bashing edition]

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's not bashing, it is reporting issues we actually have with this build. If we don't report these issues, who will know they exist?

It seems that from what I read, the issues are connected with online play.

14. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

15. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Also, I'm having some gMotor2 error when trying to play some replays or even entrering some ISI and non-ISI tracks.
    Never had it before...weird is that sometimes it gives me the error and sometimes it doesn't.
    As for bashing, I also think we MUST report these issues. We've paid for this simulator, I know it is a complex one and ISI is trying, at least I hope, to solve these problems. I hope, again, that a new build could come very soon to solve them, because the well known links above just won't cure them....

16. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I´m far from being a fanboy who bash other people opinions pointing issues. Au contraire.
    Please don´t get me wrong.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

i am getting regular ctd and also have lost shadows and hdr. go figure. i'm waiting for next release as long as drivable.

Edit - Forgot to mention TrackMap plugin doesn't work either (or flashes at Malaysia so who knows what is causing that). Previous build issues = 0.

Edit #2 - Forgot to mention Lienz (b/c soft particles and low FPS) and Mountain Forest (b/c rain drops?) are also broken.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  18. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Ok Jerry!:)
    The point here seems to be a more complex one...
    We've been waiting for this rF2 since...ever?..I mean, as far as I remember since 2009...
    When it was in Beta we sure was expecting many issues and was politely helping ISI on how to solve them...
    When it left Beta we thought "well, now we have a new wonderful toy to play with"...far from truth...
    FACT is that EVERY build seems to have something wrong for some of us.
    I never had problems on previous builds, but always read in the forums about other people's issues and felt sorry about them...
    Main question here is: WHEN WILL WE HAVE A DEFINITIVE AND STABLE AND PLAYABLE rF2 SIMULATOR?
    If we are paying for this I believe it is THE LEAST we should expect from a company like ISI...or isn't it?

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

With so many problems is clean install of rFactor2 way to go and if this does not help use Event Viewer / Windows Logs / aplications and send you error log to ISI suport team and you get help you need to fix you game.

Clean install of rfactor2:
    - Uninstall rfactor2 using the uninstall feature.

- Delete the entire rfactor2 installation folder, and any rfactor2 related folder in your My Documents folder (to remove any user data files).

- Next, delete the local license file: Navigate to your “C:\Users\<Your Windows Username here>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor” folder and delete the files within (you can type this in your Windows Explorer address bar or navigate to it by first disabling “Hide system files and folders” in your folder settings (see windows documentation for more info)).

- Make sure you have downloaded the most recent build of rfactor2 from the appropriate downloads page of rfactor.net and install it into a new clean folder. For rfactor2, using the Content Installer download is best because you can then test the game with minimal content.

- Since you’ve deleted the license file in a previous step, you’ll need to reactivate your game. For rfactor2, run the launcher, select the Purchase tab, then select Reactivate.

- Run rfactor2 with the minimum content and with NO 3rd party community created mods/addons/plugins (content you’ve downloaded elsewhere) and troubleshoot any issues with limited content.

Once you confirm the game is working fine, you can download additional content from the rf2 downloads page at rfactor.net

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I just wish ISI would delay builds until they are 100% stable. The last build was excellent. Even though the advanced particles are pretty and all, the trade off wasn't worth it IMHO. Stability has to be concern #1.