Setting tracelog in devmode.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BerScott, Jan 11, 2014.

1. BerScott

BerScott Registered

I'm trying to get a new car working. It is showed in showroom, but when I go on track it crashes rFactor.

I've tried to set the tracelog to work, but it doesn't. It doesn't appears nothing in "..\rFactor2\ModDev\UserData\Log" (of course I've check out my core installation folders).

Check this out. This is how I've set out the trace parameter. Is it wrong?:
    [​IMG]

Edit: SOLVED. Check post #6. Thanks goes to sugarfoot

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  2. MJP

MJP Registered

Developer mode seems to have trace=3 on by default although you can override it as you've done, the trace.txt should appear where you're expecting it to. Assuming you haven't installed dev mode into Program Files without having admin rights (though your data path suggests you probably haven't) I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Where did you get v1.102 of the Launcher?

3. BerScott

BerScott Registered

In the download section of ISI's webpage, obviously. Why? is it out to date?

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Ahead if anything, the launcher version in my B382 is only v1.100, will download the lite b382 again see if anything's changed...

Interestingly the launcher EXE fails verification, just done a test install with my archived copy of lite B382, still has launcher v1.100. The downloads from both ISI and SimSync are taking their time, be interesting to see what version launcher is in those...

Ok the downloads from ISI and SimSync are exactly the same as the one I downloaded on Dec 20th, launcher version v1.100. Just done a test install with B342 and used the 'update' feature and it gives me v1.102 of the launcher! ISI really don't help themselves lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  5. BerScott

BerScott Registered

About this. It has been installed here "C:\Users\...\Documents\rFactor2\ModDev". May the folder place cause tracelog to doesn't work as expected?

6. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

You'll find the trace file in "x:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\ModDev\UserData\Log".

It doesn't use the my documents folder anymore for the trace file.

7. BerScott

BerScott Registered

@sugarfoot. Thanks.

I wonder why the default install set my documents directory while tracelog goes to Program Files :confused: