Hidden Valley FVR WIP 0.4

Discussion in 'Locations' started by dbens1, Jan 9, 2014.

1. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

FVR Hidden Valley Rfactor 2 WIP 4.

Our tracks are always a work in progress and constantly receive updates This one is no different and is only an early work. It is if the great track in Northern Territory of Australia.

We have a full stable of tracks we have created in house, Symmons Plains, Hamilton, Gold Coast, Townsville, Sydney, Ipswich, Barbagello, Winton, Phillip Island and Hidden Valley to name a few. They are all at various stages of WIPs. This one is a WIP 4.

Anyway hope you enjoy it.

This track was majority scratch built for rFactor2. Some textures, and animations were used from ISI tracks. Thankyou ISI for the rF2 and rF1. I've tried to create everything from scratch but this track is getting to drive me round the twist and we have cars to do.

Special thanks to OZspeedfreak for the AIW - great job especially at short notice. ;D We've been chatting and updating this last week or two constantly. Great effort that he put in and I am super impressed thanks. Thanks to Skip also for starting it but wondering what planet Skip has settled on since he disappeared. :D

The cams were done by dBens1 ;D

My good mate Ferret40 did most of the textures ISI didn't do ;D

Modelling and some textures - FlashQld

The texture of the stands was taken from an old ISI track and will be replaced. The stands are new although they look like crap but I ran out of patience. If you are that critical then delete the files. It's something. :(

The track was completely redone in 3Dsmax but thanks to BTB for the previous attempts and some textures although I may have removed the majority of them.

Thanks to Freew67 for his great tutorial site that spurred me to have another go.

I think I covered everyone. ;D

Please do not post without permission from FVRFactor - same rules as the FVR V82012 - just want to make sure it works first.

Pop on over to FVRFactor.com and the link is available in the Track section of our DOWNLOADS there. If you like it, jump on in to our forums and give us some feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  2. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

Well done FVR.... :cool:

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Is this now the third version of Hidden Valley we have?

Fantastic to hear that so many classic tracks are being worked on. Winton especially is fun for lower-powered cars.

By the way, is this not the correct part of the forum for third-party tracks?

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It is, I guess. Bring back the link, I'd love to try it out. :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

pretty sure this post is in the right Forum

Forum-Current Products-rFactor2-Third party cars, tracks and plugins-Locations is where we're at with this thread :confused:

6. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I stand corrected. Usually I am not the one who links these, but trying to share the workload (as we have a few things going on)

I have added download instructions to the first post. :)

Enjoy

7. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Also added to the ISI downloads section :)

8. Namar

Namar Registered

thanks

9. Nils

Nils Registered

Some objects are white from some angles
    First
    View attachment 11430
    Camera slightly moved
    View attachment 11431

and anti-alias doesnt work too good, I remember the rFactor1 version having wrong mipmaps.

That being said, I love this track, for a V0.4 its very nice, keep it up!

10. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Cool. Will pass on these issues :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Well blown me down in a pink fit I had not noticed that in all the testing I did and no one else pointed it out. That's just quite strange. As for the rF1 version and incorrect mip maps, that was a long long time ago and hopefully recovered since then. You make a mistake once and never live that down will we? Heheheheh :D Seriously though the number 0.4 is because it is totally different to the previous versions we had done and the layout and a lot of stuff was completely rebuilt in less than 4 weeks I think we did okay, hence the 0.4. At the moment cars are the concentration and tracks are a distraction. :)

Okay - what are your settings Nils - is this in HDR. I have changed my settings several times and I cannot emulate the fault at this stage. Does it happen all the time. If you could provide some relative info would be appreciated. Even time of day you ran that race would be appreciative so I can see if I can find the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  12. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Great little Track, a few barriers that can be driven through at the back part of the circuit, but managed a quick race with no problems!...one question, is there a blocking path set as i found it too easy to run up the inside of the AI on turns, but that's an easy fix, Love it and great work!

13. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks mate - yeah the old drive thru barriers are a bit weird as the colltargets are true but I think I have found the issue and will have another go at fixing tonight. There is a blocking path but it was our first attempt at that and we wanted to see how it goes and were worried it was too aggressive. Obviously not. :)

14. Nils

Nils Registered

15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you for sharing your work!
    Will drive the new version later today :)