AMD GFX card performance issues, report directly to AMD here (link in thread)! Let's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Use custom install and DO NOT install the AHCI driver. Fixed it for me, as my OCZ (SSD drive) didn't like the AHCI driver. As you said, it would BSOD loop boot.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am not even as far as the new driver install. The AMD driver uninstall utility has screwed up my win x64 system so it is now bluescreening and restarting every time.

3. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Hello Woodee,

I recently had exactly the same problem as you, HD5750. Tried unistalling the old AMD drivers and got the BSOD whilst uninstalling and also on windows startup. The only way I could fix it was to go to the Windows repair and do the system restore. Takes about 20 minutes to fix. Have you tried that yet? :)
    This still leaves you with the previous driver but at least it will work again!

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

And the 12.11 was already much better than the other drivers available for the old gen gfx of AMD. I can't believe the extreme jump in performance but its true and brutal. The whole game is a different for me.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah I have been through that, for some reason there are no restore points even though I am sure I had been saving them, seems my computer was lying!

No AMD CPU here... I can't remember if I have AMD things on my mobo which it may have cleared off. I am amazed that one simple utility could cripple my system like this. Looks like I have to invest in some new parts sooner than I wanted to...GRR!!!

I have booted from a win 7 disc, win 7 recovery disc, did system repair till I was blue in the face. Had about 3 hours sleep! Won't even get to safe mode full as the system restore loop kicks in before then. I have been able to use the command prompt to do chkdsks (it did remove a lot of ATI crap, also tried bootrec and sfc tricks, no joy!

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

If all else fails you can just backup your files (boot from a linux cd or connect the hdd to another computer) and reinstall windows

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Yep, same here massive jump in frame rates with 14.4

8. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Woodee, you might have deleted some system files inadvertently. Seems like you will have to refresh your OS completely.

One thing you can do is to install over and still get all your files from the old profile, back them up and then do a complete format(optional)
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'll rephrase it for you, AMD Uninstaller deleted some system files!!

I was trying everything to avoid a reinstall as I reckon my hard drives have had it anyway. What better chance to blow some money on an SSD and an Nvidia card!

I am so gonna be eating pot noodles for a month!!

10. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Ouch :) cant hurt a install over maybe the noodles will make you rethink hehe cheers

11. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

huge improvement here with 14.4 and radeon 7850. Can race now with 19 AI (previously 12) and slightly higher graphical settings.

12. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

They fixed the issue I kept experience where fps would drop to zero for a second when hovering over text input fields in hardware accelerated applications.
    Not seeing any performance improvement yet (haven't really tested), but at least I'm glad I could finally update from 13.4.

Good to see a lot of people can now enjoy a better experience ...

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I cant get over how amazing these new drivers are, I've now got:

Circuit Detail = Full - previously High
    Shadows on = Max - previously High
    Environment Reflection = High - previously Off
    Wind and Crowd Motion = Yes - previously Off

..and after all that with 19 AI on Silverstone International I'm still getting over 60 FPS at race start whereas previously I was getting 50-54 with 13.12 and previous in game settings. Ok wet weather with the road reflections & spray does drift the FPS below 60 but never once saw it go as low as 50 in a heavy AI/Spray situation, once the field settled down again it went 65-70+

14.4 have breathed a masssive gulp of fresh air into the graphics of this Sim for me, simply cant get over the improvements...FINALLY AMD ARE THERE :D :D :D

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Anybody a chance to try crossfire with new drivers?

Guess that would be to good to be true if it works properly.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Too bad I am switching to Nvidia now then :p

16. Justy

Justy Registered

Like most other people, I've seen a really nice performance increase with these drivers. Higher settings, more cars on track and still a smoother experience than ever before. Really chuffed.

My HD7950 is still reported by Windows as an R9 200 series card..... :confused: ..... but, it doesn't seem to adversely affect it.

Shame to hear that one or two folks have had issues though. :(

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh please 'ere we go again........... " I accuse people of insulting owners".

I said I FOUND it INSULTING .....go back and read it properly. I never mentioned any other Nvidia owners ........ typical baseless swipe.

For years alot of AMD guys complain....... many changed to Nvidia.

So Yes based on that I would have been loony

Now apparently there are new drivers ( quote from thread ) that 99% get better fps and better quality I am very happy for you all.

I mean someone in thread called it the god driver .

If I knew that was the case would have I made that remark ? , no of course not , even if it was tongue in cheek to begin with. sheesh.

Typical you revert to using **** in a response and I am insulting. ???

lool

18. kimisecond

kimisecond Registered

I got a HD 7850. Stutters when the graphic settings are ALL LOW. Catalyst updated to 14.4. Anyone get problem with a 7850?

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

7850 factory OC here, and it is running fine without any hitches. Did you do a wipe of the old drivers and install the new ones, or did you install over the top?

A couple of other things I had help me. Make sure there is no rF2 game setting profile in the Catalyst Control Center. I had one appear in there which was set for all default settings, and when I deleted the profile, all my massive lag and framerate problems were gone.

Also, who knows if it will help, but delete the contents of the CBash folder, go to your "UserData" folder and then go into the "Log" folder. That's where CBash folder is, delete the contents.

20. kimisecond

kimisecond Registered

I did install it over the top... try it later...