AMD GFX card performance issues, report directly to AMD here (link in thread)! Let's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

Maybe it was a bad decision to buy an amd card...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

solely for RF2 = Yes
    if you play other games = No

I've overclocked (as you can see) my card some 20% up from stock and other games are absolutley fantastic, ok latest releases are showing the cards age but I can live with that for another year easily enough. AC runs perfectly smooth with most settings whacked up it's just RF2 that performance drops, which is a crying shame as I barely touch AC!

3. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

Yes other games run perfectly smooth but (unfortunately) I am a guy who wants all of his games to run well and at least be playable :)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

GTX770 18 games , all resolutions
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_770_Lightning/26.html

I can attest Nvidia is fast in every sim as well

You can also clock GTX770 to 20%

So I don't get your conclusion ?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They're talking about AMD. In fact the whole thread is AMD. So your talking about an nVidia card is why you don't get the conclusion.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

insert face palm picture here!

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Facepalm ?

Clearly he says if you play other ganes do not get Nvidia ( I never brought Nvidia up he did lol ? )

what a load of B S lol

Faceplam yourself.

8. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

Calm down guys. Some games percorm better on amd cards and some on nvidia cards. Let's focus on the problem here and not on which gpu is better

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Just because it is off topic don't give people a right to make generalizations about performance, that was off topic in it self, would you agree ? ie don't get a nvidia if you play " other" games ?

It should mean I can offer a view on any statement made in here it if I choose without being harassed

Tell me what games or sims does anyone here regularly run that do not perform with Nvidia.

If you tell me those games are more important to you then rFactor 2 well I do not know what to say ?

Are you a simmer ?

:)

10. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

Nobody said that nvidia cards are not good. I think what MarcG meant was that amd cards do not perform well in rf2 whereas in other games they do. Not meaning that nvidia cards are worse than amd cards

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No he said

" if you play other games = No "

that was in direct response to " Maybe it was a bad decision to buy an amd card "

I find that insulting to every Nvidia owner and bad advice.

:)

12. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

Ok then you have to discuss this with him. For my part I do not insult any nvidia owner. I am only trying to learn how to make the game more playable for me:)

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I do not seem to get people in my room complaining about performance much, if they have a lower end card it is just as likely to be Nvidia model. :)

I think the smart people swapped brands ages ago for others that can't afford it I am very sorry indeed.

But using any other games to justify hardware is pretty flaky in here we all know how different and variable sims ( not ports ) can run to your average game, they are another animal.

Which was my point of putting a games test up, that is no conclusion either. ;)

It has a demo that puts at least average graphic demand on any given hardware combo, should that not be every ones first stop now.

Maybe a sticky thread you must read and accept and/or posted on the website before you can join could highlight some of the more well documented hardware issues.
    Developers post themselves could be a good look, could not hurt. :)

AMD should have their own forum here to show the company what the level of concern is, move all the posts for 2 years there and let them really get a idea what people endure.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Jesus Christ Durge you have become a massive pain recently, I suggest you learn to understand the context of my post then see it's my opinion.
    I was not suggesting don't buy nvidea I was stating that if you play other games then amd is fine too use that's what i meant.
    seriously wind your neck in please.

15. osella

osella Registered

Jumping on conclusions without reading posts properly Durge (sigh).

ChristosGR said "Maybe it was a bad decision to buy an amd card... "
    MarcG replied "if you play other games = No"

which merely means that if he plays other games than sims as well, it was not a bad decision to buy AMD. That DOESN'T imply it would be a bad decision to buy nvidia. It merely means it wasn't a bad decision to buy AMD.
    In yet another words, it's OK to buy any card. Nobody is insulting nVidia owners you just read too fast.

Got it now..?

Ontopic, I will personally buy nVidia card next time, generally less hassle with drivers and some cool software options.
    Again I think hardware itself AMD has sligtly better than nVidia but the overall package is worse.

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well I just ordered a GTX780ti realizing that I'll never be able to run rf2 multiview on my current Matrix HD7970 GE... Goodbye AMD!

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I never said it was a bad decision that was another poster, who are you talking too exactly lol ?

I had no trouble understanding context all I said if rF2 is your main goal then get a Nvidia ?

Nvidia
    =====
    solely for RF2 = Yes
    if you play other games = Yes

The guy made a fair statement it is a bad decision to buy a AMD card for rFactor2 at this time, other games do not matter in that context.

Take me I don't play games at all, I online rFactor2 and some other sims offline very rarely. ;) I would have to be looney tunes to buy AMD.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Durge, your conclusion from what was said is completely illogical. Unfortunately I don't think there's any point trying to convince you of that because if you could understand it you wouldn't have made the mistake in the first place. No one said anything against nVidia at all. Please don't post again what was said, we already saw it, and you're misunderstanding it. If you want to try and work out why you're wrong, feel free, but don't post all the same stuff again in support of your belief.

19. osella

osella Registered

So to sum it up Durge.

First you accuse people of insulting nVidia owners, which nobody did. It happened in your head only.
    Then you go on to insult AMD owners yourself.

Nobody gives a s*it about you only playing rf2. There exist other people other than you, if you didn't know. I personally didn't touch any sim for 4 months last year, in the mean time I played different games or no games at all. In your head this probably makes me "unfaithful simmer" or whatever but nobody gives a s*it, again. Neither about you or me, let's discuss AMD only here.

20. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Registered

Is there a way to get crossfire to work properly with rfactor 2? I have 2 r9 290's :(