Civic with FPS terrible drops in any track offiline/online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PedroM, Jan 7, 2014.

1. PedroM

PedroM Registered

For me its enough of BS
    Will race with other sim, this is tooooooo bad for me.
    To run this you need a state of art machine, even with one you may encounter dificulties
    Maybe in 2020 ISI will have a look and we can race again.
    Elitist Sim= RF2
    Advice only buy this if you have a Nvidia card and must be at least the the 7......s
    In the future only 2 Titans will do the job for you, low settings please otherwise no memory....
    I want my money back. Lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Bye!

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, it doesn't make any sense that video mem usage would be the issue. Besides, you can run Silverstone with a 1 GB video card or even 512 MB. Granted, it won't run smoothly, but it didn't crash when I ran it in summer. The problem here is most probably the 32-bit architecture which limits the address space to 4 GB. But in practise it seems you never get close to this limit before CTD. The CTD happens to me too at around 3.3 GB of RAM usage.

4. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Some worthwhile debug from the community, lets hope ISI looks into this.

FWIW - This may not help those on 32 bit OS but, WOW64 (windows emulator for 32 bit apps running on 64 bit OS) provides 32-bit applications with access to some features of 64-bit systems. For example, applications can have more memory up to 4GB with the correct setting."
    Possible because Win 64 will use the additional memory available unlike Win 32 bit which uses part of the 4g. Around .7 which leaves the limit at about 3.3. I suspect if ISI were to make this update those on Win 64 bit OS would have less CTD issues.

@Pedro, take the good and hope the bad gets fixed. It is the way ISI works. Not a very organized approach but it is what it is.

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I don't do squat on Windows (so take this with a grain of salt) but it seems that IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE is in use already otherwise you wouldn't even get that 3+gb of memory allocated. So please disregard my previous post. Doh!

However, stonec's post on memory use by Dx9 was very interesting and worth looking into. I've never had AC CTD (sounds like a disorder) and folks mention all the goodies missing but it may have something to do with AC using Dx11. Cool find Stonec.

6. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Having read this and other threads it would seem to me that "on-going development" should include something that never seems to get mentioned: consideration for "hardware evolution". Surely it makes sense that features can be imagined and their initial infrastructure designed and built into the software that will have to wait for the hardware capability as well as software capability to catch up! I don't think I have ever seen any claims that everything that will be developed or has been developed can be expected to perform to everyone's expectations with even the best hardware available today? Hardware upgrades may be required several times throughout the development cycle for this software for the delivery of the optimal experience.

7. GutZ

GutZ Registered

You will not need a super computer but if you think you will be able to run rf2 with a 5 year old pc i dont think you cant ask for a fluent fps rate, rf2 or any new game out there, AC will not run smooth nor pcars so what you have to do is to update your hardware, evolution will not wait for you, you need to step up, i have a 1 year old rig and it runs rf2 as smooth as a top model ass.

Intel i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz
    16 GB Corsair 2133 Mhz
    120 GB SSD Corsair
    MSI twinfrozr 3 Gforce 680 GTX 2GB
    MB ASrock Z77 Extreme 6
    PSU 1200W LC Power

8. filas

filas Registered

Im not crazy to upgrade pc because of lazy or almost no optimization. I read only excuses from authors.

9. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

You'd have a point if the game looked stunning it doesn't it looks dull and washed out, it looks like a 5 year old game.
    If it was running all four cores and using 64bit and it still ran slow I'd agree it's time for an upgrade.

I just installed the new NVdrivers 332. AC 14 fps gain, PCars 0 fps, rF2 6 fps loss.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  10. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

Guys I have huge problems with my r9 290. The game is constantly stuttering and laggy. Although I get around 60 fps sometimes, it feels like 25 or so. Is there any way to least make the game a bit more playable for AMD users?

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Lol... man, you're not telling me what I'll do about something I paid for.

End of story.

12. datanode

datanode Registered

How long did you try it out for?

I am sorry it is not working as expected, you have paid for a game based on being able to try it.

If you are inside the refund window (don't actually know what this is) presumably 14 days under distance selling act. Then fine ask for a refund, if not, then I guess you are asking for improvements because something new is not working as you hope.

You bought the game in a state that you were happy with, the updates are a bonus. It is not impossible to ply the game, just lower the settings?

Maybe an optimisation will occur or even a change that just generally helps the situation. But isi are not obligated to make that change as this wasn't part of what was broken when you paid for the game? (Question mark as that is an assumption)

If it isn't new? Why did you buy it and why have you only just mentioned it? Hopefully they are not new you have tried them and are still in that window, but some how I doubt this...

So actually upgrading the computer or waiting for the game to maybe be optimised further are your only options if you have trialled everything else.

Good luck ;) I fail to see how a sim enthusiast despite the flaws cannot still get a good return? My system is actually very old, I have lower graphics but love the feel and feedback ... So maybe this sim wasn't for you ? AC is not the same thing in any way as described in previous posts :/

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Can't see your point but thank you for posting (I guess) lol... If you're happy even having a low-end system I really admire your positivism.

Regards! (Never said it's not good - it's excellent, best physics and FFB way far from the second place, but it means nothing if I can't race against a full field as I used to do in rF1, so it's useless - it's not a racing simulator nowadays, it's a hot lap or race-alone simulator... no use for it).

14. datanode

datanode Registered

Oh er well, if you like it great then that is good, it seems other games expectations may be forcing you to have some expectations elsewhere.

Have you, are you? Trying to to run Rf2 on full graphics settings with a full grid?

Maybe I misunderstood what is not working?

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Where is the limitation, Video RAM or 32bits program, I think it's 32bits limitation

I want to emit a doubt on the last remark from Tim.
    I made some test to try to evaluate what happen on my PC.
    I'm on Windows 7 64b
    I have 12GB of RAM
    A nVidia 670 with 2GB of Video RAM
    I play in Full HD (1920*1080)
    All my option are at Full for the Track, Opponents, Player

I started my measures with rF2 Launcher only, and then I launch the single player.
    I load Silverstone with 0 AI and with the Megane Trophy ISI (it's wanted to avoid "share" texture effect)
    Then when I'm in monitor, I load Civic BTTC IA, one by one until the game crash.
    I loaded 23 Civic (and 1 Megane) and at the 24rd Civic the game crashed.

Start Test capture, with only rF2 Launcher opened
    [​IMG]

Capture with Single Player loaded (on menus)
    [​IMG]

Capture with Track Silverstone loaded with only me in Megane (0 AI)
    [​IMG]

Capture with 20 Civic AI loaded
    [​IMG]

Capture with 23 Civic AI loaded (All is well)
    [​IMG]

Capture just after crash (24 Civic IA NOT LOADED :) )
    [​IMG]

So for me I think it's not the Video memory limiting the game (because we see during the test we are using already the 2GB of video memory earlier than 24 AI crash). But this is the 32bits limitation that not allow rF2 to allocate System RAM Over 4GB

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yeah I think you're right.

Davie Millard wrote this, this may help Win 32 bit users.

"Something I found today, works like a charm for me. I can now run on Silverstone in the Civics with 12+ on med settings.
    I have an e6750 with 4 gigs of ram running 32 bit Win 7 Ultimate...

"The 3Gb switch is often used to fix memory problems in 32bit windows environments (increases the program memory allocation).

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit)
    • Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
    • Restart the computer.

Disable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit)
    • Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
    • Restart the computer."

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

But I'm on a 64bits Operating System, so for me the only solution I see is to get an rFactor2.exe build in 64bits and not in 32bits.
    Is someone with a 64bits OS with 8GB RAM installed and a video card with 1GB can make the same test to tell us how many Civic he can load before crashing?

18. MJP

MJP Registered

It depends on your settings, generally the lower the settings the more cars you can get on, I posted a screenshot the other day with 40 Civics at Silverstone (GTX470 1280MB VRAM).

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you test with Player, Track, Opponents & Texture at max and tell me how many Civic you load in adding them in the monitor manually ? Just to know if its Video RAM or 4GB 32bits limit? (You have the perfect computer for that test).

I made a test with TEXTURE parameter in game at Low and I hit the max limit of track car pit (29 cars). So yes reducing this parameter you can load more car. But this test can't confirm it's RAM or VideoRAM limit for me.

20. MJP

MJP Registered

I thought the general consensus was that's it's the 4GB limit, I doubt I'd get 40 cars with those settings on FULL.

edit:
    After I'd posted I thought it wouldn't have hurt to actually test it so I did, got more than I expected, it crashed as I tried to add a 27th car.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/mjp_uk/rFactor2/26CivicsatSilverb4crash.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014