Rfactor 2 dirt tracks

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ttom4601, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ttom4601

ttom4601 Registered

I haven't seen or heard of any Rally or Off road truck mods in development for Rf2,
    is this the case.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Not yet there are, but I am sure that when more modders find rF2 as viable modding platform there will be such mods as well.

3. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

I was working on dirt oval stuff and couldn't get a tire to even remotely be close to working, and that was with a little help from isi. I know down the road some dirt stuff is going to be implemented into rf2, i wouldn't put too much faith in dirt stuff until that is the case, at least not oval stuff that is.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've always understood that dirt physics stuff wasn't on the menu until later on this year at the earliest. I also understood that dirt wasn't a maybe- it was planned to absolutely make it into the game.

I hope that's still the case!

5. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Blackwood RallyCross, already converted to rF2, is partially dirt. I'm not qualified to comment on its quality, since I've not simmed on dirt except for a couple of laps by accident on Blackwood RallyCross, but it felt ok to me. Be warned its a short track with even shorter dirt sections, but it does stand for the proposition that dirt is presently possible to some extent in rF2.
    SW

6. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

Tracks are no issue, it's the cars/trucks that are specifically made for dirt that are the problem.

7. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

You have the option in 3ds max for dirt road still not sure if you name the road gmt race surface like with a generic road but when doing pikes peak going from road to offroad the detail changes and can look abit odd.

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

And croft, albeit not setup for race WRT lap times, AI, etc. but fun with Lada.

9. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Facebook , SRNZ - RF2 Mod Development

10. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Looking forward to this as well. I remember reading from Tim I believe that if/when dirt racing is added we could possibly use the dirt physics from rF1 as a starting point or placeholder. Would be great in rF2.

11. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Blackwood track comes with a dirt/tarmac layout.

12. dkiewicz

dkiewicz Registered

Any development in this area? Anything that can take all of the great efforts of so many modders have provided that the UDSRA is using in rFactor1? It would be a shame not to have that functionality in this great follow on. thanks...

13. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Ressurrecting the discussion to not open another thread, there is any news about dirt tracks?

14. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Apologies misread the topic completely .

I've not seen any dirt related content at all and don't think the tire model has been tested in this way?

15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

You may be better off starting a new thread though.
    Possibly also putting a request in the wish list thread

16. Quic Vic

Quic Vic Registered

There was a ISI release of ATV's and a Canyon track sometime back, it was ISI and not 397, so that should tell you how long ago it was. I don't think anything has been done since.

17. Filip

Filip Registered

There where rf2 "rally" videos from user @Rastas. He is a modder who has done some free hillclimb vehicles but I am not sure about tracks in those videos. Maybe search for that.

18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Try "Mount Herman", the best dirt track in RF2. Roquedelosmuchachos : the best asphalt rally/hillclimb track. Try targa florio (72 km asphalt track)

Also pikes peak in gravel + asphalt configuration.
    I wanted to convert rally/hillclimb/dirt track from Richard burns rally and assetto corsa with 3Dsimed..... But it is too difficult for me!!

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

ISI did the quad stuff to see if it could be done. Looks like 397 have a base but are fixing other things first

20. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have converted Karelia Cross from rF1,is a private project,but i go ask permissions to Kittx to release it,also i have reworked the Pikes Peak to full dirt :) rFactor2 Mod Mode 2017-07-29 14-55-33-54.jpg rFactor2 Mod Mode 2017-07-29 14-53-17-00.jpg GRAB_136.JPG GRAB_139.JPG

Corti, Korva7, walruskart and 8 others like this.