rF2 at Maximum setting has nothing to envy to the other sims!(video inside)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 4, 2014.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

bingo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

using NVI AA again, but i think i had app controlled AF selected. i changed to user defined/OFF in NVI and set to 16x in game. somehow seems to have improved my mud/grass appearance a lot! lets hope it stays that way after i restart lol

stilll with the jagged shadows on my car, although for some reason not on the AI car infront

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

to my knowledges those figures are part of the track, so i cant imagine any mod that could add them, but might be im wrong

3. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i was browsing a forum for a league where the modder 'works' and he was saying he'd done it on a track, cant remember where or what league) other guys were also casting doubt, and i never really saw any screens. wishful thinking maybe? who knows

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have to say that I have captured this video directly from the game(in game capture)!
    Sadly, rf2 replays still weird and ISI still have some work to improve the replay system!
    Shadows, textures, grass look worse in the replays! even the car physics seems odd and lifeless!

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

If ISI would start to tweak the material settings (like the specular reflection of the road) for the old tracks I wouldn't complain and please add some bump and spec maps to the curbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Brilliant screenshots :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

rFactor 2 is way behind graphically, but you're still allowed to enjoy it.

8. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

And think that you can beat f1 drivers

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I could if I wanted to.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

where do u set reflection - high??

11. gkz

gkz Registered

yes it looks nice but the game still has a long way to go on optimizing its performence, it eats up the hardware like battlefield 3 ...
    i still dont get the way ISI is going on this matter, on one side there was a comment they wont programm it use 4 cores as its not needed, on the other side you are obliged to have the newest hardware for it to run smooth on high/max settings.

on the rf2 site is following listed and i lol'ed :p:
    Runs Best With
    - 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
    - 4GB RAM or more
    - nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
    - 512MB Video Memory or more

i think that should be updated ;)

on AC i have everything max in 3d vision and it runs smooth, on rF2 i have to use low settings in 3d to get driveable fps :(
    and that is on an older machine with X4 Phenom II 3,2GHz and Palit OC'ed 560Ti
    but at least in the last 2 builds i saw some improvements in that regard though, just needs more of this

12. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I still have hopes for RF2 but I think AC has raised the bar in sims mostly physics handling wise but graphics arent too shaby either and quite a way ahead of RF2 I think.

Motion blur I dont need when driving but it looks a little cooler in replays, RF2 can look great at times but then sometimes it just looks a little wrong. Still I think physics is the most important aspect and in AC all cars so far are great to drive with no weak ones, it just feels more natural all around then RF2 does. I prefer the FFB on RF2 but thats probably it atm, the live track and weather will be nice when finished but atm its still just placeholder though an ok one with things being too accelerated.

No racing in AC yet and so AI will be interesting as I think the AI in RF2 is pretty good as is online but RF2 has a few odd bugs and handling just isnt quite as natural to me. Graphics wise RF2 is showing its age but can look great in some mod and track combinations where AC just looks and drive good all round at a much earlier stage.

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Never really had any problems with rF2 Graphics other than the damn car shadows in replays, and the replay fidelity is a pain.
    How do you get the car shadows to stay all the time and not disappear when in distance, and when's darker undercar shadows gonna be introduced?