[WIP] VAZ 21083 LadaCup by ToS

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by B1K3R, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agreed. Sounds are weak, too, but I am sure there is a desire to bring this up to rF2 standards. In the meantime, it's certainly not in the embarrassing category. The cars are crappy little s&$tboxes that just happen to be fun to drive and race--because they are so incapable!

The only glitch that I seem to have that isn't an obvious still-has-to-be polished item is the mirrors. They are displaying an image that suggests they are pointing own towards the road instead of rearward. Is this a known issue?

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Can we substitute "Lada" for "Yugo"? We don't have Ladas in the US, but I think they are the same sort of sh!b0x that a Yugo was and we had those.

Q: Why does a Lada have a rear window defroster?
    A: To keep your hands warm while you push.

3. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Hahahaha ... lets wait if somebody can make this for rF2.
    http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=YUGO

As ex - citizen of Yugoslavia, I can still see Yugos on the streets of our towns and some are in really good condition, because they became legends in last years.

4. addyduss

addyduss Registered

First rFactor and not that Lada but whatever)

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Holy crap that was awesome.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I can't stop driving this car. Fun tracks...

Topeka
    3 Millas
    Toban Long Reverse
    Phillip Island
    Putnam Park - Chicanes
    MSR 1.3
    Portugal GT

Edit - Removed other tracks less fun than above

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  7. BatVill

BatVill Registered

VAZ 2101 in our local Hillclimb race

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

View attachment 11325

OMG that was funny. The car can't get above about 80- but the dramatic camera angles were awesome.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Brilliant idea with that video.

10. DeM

DeM Registered

One of my first Cars growing up she brings back a memorie .7 Builders sqeeging in on the way home from concert agggghhhhgggg

11. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

Hi creator,

The Lada Cup98 mod is great! No fun mod! Real Racing possible and the car feels realistic.

With two glasses of vodka before the start, has the small still Russian spirit. ;)

Thank you very much.

Cheers Andy

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

does the vodka go in you, the car or both :p

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yesterday I donwloaded this Lada with a lot of scare, thinking it will be really cheap, and guess what? I can't stop driving it :) It's really a funny car ! :) I only have a problem with mirror as even if I tune them I can't have a standard rear view (Virtuals or real ones). Apart this mirror problem I really love the car e.g. at Lienz, Drumond, Mores, etc. It drift easely, predictable. Lot of fun. And you can think it's a low quality conversion, that's not my point of view, and I suggest you to try it for sure. You can feel the same torque as a FWD car, off course with less power inside ;)

14. tos187

tos187 Registered

Hi comrades,
    I`m the developer of this mod. I do not know much English, so I was silent. But I see that you have problems with mirrors and Google translator to help me show you the solution.
    You need to write in the .plr file Moving Rearview="0".
    If you know another solution, please tell me.
    Also you might be interested in my other development, which is still only Wip, but the first working version will be soon. http://www.autosim.ru/forum/viewtopic?f=58&int=1&t=4664&page=3
    Yes, it's Russian portal but google translater help you.
    Nazdarovya!!!

15. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Someone goes to youtube to see this car, is it the only rf2 mod he or she will see? NO, there will be others of high caliber. It's a good mod, just far from finished. Give it a rest with the griping until it is finished. So what if it never is. It has good physics, and you don't even have to tell others that you are driving it (if it gives you a complex).

16. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Very good car, very fun to drive!...Try it!

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In the tank, gives an extra 10 BHP!

(I think that doubles the BHP doesn't it :D )

18. Galaga

Galaga Banned

19. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Just want to say thanks to the creator of this mod.
    Now i have a vehicle which a can put my father in my cockpit to do some laps at Nordscheleife.

Fwd, low higher speed, very good behavior of the car.

Thank you man. This mod is perfect to introduce not experienced people in simracing in rf2 not causing frustration on then.

20. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Well, I was kinda put off from trying this mod because of all the comments lambasting the quality, even though I normally don't mind a halfway decent conversion. I tried it out today...and what I found was NOT what I expected at all.

First off, agree or disagree about rushed and low-quality conversions, it doesn't matter....this mod isn't one. The screenshots don't do it justice AT ALL. In-game, the cockpit looks downright gorgeous. As far as 'gorgeous' being a subjective term about the quality, instead of the aesthetic beauty, that is. Seriously, it really does look just as good as many higher-quality mods we have now.

The physics are awesome. Again, as far as being subjectively realistic enough to be convincing, not necessarily making it an 'awesome race car'. The FFB feels great, and racing this thing (as crazy as it may be) is a heap of fun. No subjectivity there, I'm sure anyone who gives this mod a fair chance will agree, it is well worth the download.

If you are on the fence about this one, or thought like I did that it's a piece of junk, just give it a shot. You'll be pleasantly surprised to find that it IS a piece of junk...in a really good way :)