Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

As many of you had this issue with non ISI tracks, it's not possible that the fault is the grip on the rubbered surface of those tracks? Maybe, as a lot of people complain that RF2 cars lack grip, someone overcome this feeling increasing the friction coefficent of the road.

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Malaysia, Silverstone.

3. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Mills too.

There's something wrong. I am trying to imagine actual ISI Civic in Knockhill, for example, and that could be madness.

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It would be majestic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Funny, I didn't know those cars had really existed, my only reference was apparition in M. Bean and I thought it was a fantasy one!, thanks! ;)

Edit: Not really asking somebody to bring it in rF2 ;)

7. addyduss

addyduss Registered

I've seen a lot of real life fwd cars racing (250+ hp) and flipping over the roof as a result of attacking the curbs is what they do in almost every single race.

8. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

There may be something to that argument. I just put in a mess of laps on Mores, Silverstone and Palm Beach and couldn't provoke the Civic (on default setup and medium tires at least) to roll over at these ISI tracks. I did bound it over a curb and flip it at Silverstone and the result in replay looked rather unnatural to me.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

A car with a low center of gravity, sure, I would agree with you. The Civic doesn't have a low CG.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

To? The rollovers? These cars can roll very easily, very high CG.

In any case, the tracks involved could have too much grip as well, but both Mid-Ohio and Sebring aren't anything we can help with. When a kerb is involved, it's pretty normal even at slow speed from what I have seen in BTCC, but a real driver doesn't let it flip, he'll steer towards the lower side if it's getting too high to drop the other side down. You can find photos and video showing them doing this.

11. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Just for fun:

And this is not the best example, but shows how many metters a car can be in only two wheels with no much height due because of high CG as Tim said, imagine in a worse kerb or lifting more:

And this is weird, pay attention at first 4 seconds:

If they do not roll is because they don't want to, just like me :eek: I only crashed in that way 1 time and just because I wanted to abuse the car.

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

First example I've found:

You can see that first his right side goes up, then holds still for a moment, then goes up again - for me, this is a clear indication, that driver was reacting, just not sufficiently at first.

Different car, different track, different curb, but as you can see - it can happen and can require sufficient and quick reaction from driver. You don't need a ramp to roll over the car :)

13. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Just wanted to show this video too, great example.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I found a couple. It's not too hard to do. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I read the video description on youtube, besides it was driving by a stunt driver, it seems to an original car (not prepared to perform this kind of stunts).

From this video and the others, i take back everything i said about excessive outter grip of the tires and agree with you and others that whtas happening in game is a normal behaviour.

ps: jaws dropped, never expected this kind of "easiness"

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

None of those examples don't look like they are going to do barrel roll :)

I have rolled over many times in Malaysia full and LRP. Not attacking the curbs imo, not my style really. Maybe I just turn the wheel to the wrong way when on two wheels if you all say that the car is otherwise acting normally.

17. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Show us a video or something, I do not understand... because I only lift wheels when I go through a kerb in a specific way that make car lift inside wheels, and only finish in a complete roll if I attack aggresively and I force to turn even after lift, I do not roll if I don't want to, like video K Szczech posted some posts ago.

The car is easy to roll, but also easy to stay with 4 wheels in the road, all depends in your driving, and you will not see real cars rolling because they avoid It for obvious reasons as shown in previous videos.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Probably the best example where this can happen is turn 3 in LRP. I usually try to avoid the inside curb becuase it's slower way to drive trough that corner but sometimes I hit that curb becuase it's a fast corner. I'm no expert in driving with two wheels off the ground so that's why I probably roll over in these situations... I don't want to slow down but to get my wheels to ground as quickly as possible and I probably turned the wheel to the wrong direction because I don't have experience of these situations. So to save my time, could somebody share to which direction I turn my wheel in a right hand corner when my right wheels are off the ground? :p

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Left

of course it's harder than that but that's the general direction!

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

and I think that I turned right because it seemed more logical option.