Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If game simulates tires, suspension and has proper FFB, then there's no need to "simulate a particular effect". It will just happen.

For the same reason you don't have to "implement" weight transfer. If you accelerate or brake, forces will be applied at some distance from car's center of mass, causing rotating forces and resulting in change of tire load. This will change grip levels on tires individually and there you go - mass transfer works, without being "implemented".

In other words - if you get fundamental things working, then all effects resulting from them will also manifest themselves. It the end, this is why we make simulations, not imitations :)

EDIT:
    I see Tuttle already answered, but I guess it's still worth noting, that his answer applies to more than just torque steering, but other things that we experience in simulation as well :)
    This is pretty much what simulations are all about - to build the model, feed the data and get results, not know results and try to mimic them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye of course but i simply dont have torque steer in my FFB in Civic

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

View attachment 11378

Nothing special I think... ffb setting are: multi 0.6 and smoothing 0...wheel is T500RS

EDIT: I tried my own setup now for a second time and not entirely sure if it loaded up proberly... seemed like a default? Anyway, I lowered brake pressure few click from that setup and it was ok after that (in addition to my ffb settings of course). I'm sure I could make it even better but those setups are so different compared to other cars that I haven't had time to play with setups yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It's more like steering resistance in the game, there's no actual torque steer in a straight line.

5. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Great car! Thanks ISI! Not sure what is going on, but i just don't get any type of road feel at all. Only thing ffb wise i get is rumble strips. Car drives great, but it's hard for me to tell what the car is about to do ie...spin out, slide.etc... Is there something i can change for this? Thanks

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't know what wheel you are using, so the only advise I can give you is to not use too strong FFB, or you'll maybe get "FFB clipping" so you can't feel the small forces while cornering... Or you're using too much FFB smoothing. At least I'm getting a lot of information through the FFB with my G27. I keep FFB-multiplier to default 1.0 and smoothing to maximum 5. If you have a belt driven wheel, I think you should not use smoothing at all :)

7. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Fanatec csr

8. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

A member here Ronnie got me straightened out., Had to uninstall and reinstall mod.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

10. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

11. After_Midnight

After_Midnight Registered

Thanks for your help. I`m using a G25 wheel. I have tested your setup and many different settings. I can not find any solution. Always on/off feeling. Without any transition.

12. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

ISI Civic Stage 2???

[​IMG]

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Great screenshot! :p

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Can't find the V-Tec sticker.

15. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

That's terrible. I'm not sure why ISI can't figure out netcode worth a damn when every other online racing game is so much better.

16. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I'm pretty sure ISI can figure out how to do netcode, have you ever raced rFactor? It has the best code IMHO of any online Sim I've played.
    Personally I think there will be problems with rF2 online until everyone updates their PC to today's standard, or finds out how low that they have to adjust their graphic settings, and even then it may be their processor that's bottle-necking things, causing lag online, & granted yes the netcode for rF2 may need a tweak here and there too.

When rFactor first launched all those years ago my then PC would choke and die if I had the settings on any more than DX7 and medium everything, and when online I had to drop the setting even lower.

rF2 is pushing boundaries, real road & tyre modeling to name just two things, there are a LOT more calculations going on than previous. I'm guessing many more than other Sims that are available to us ATM. When those other Sims are complete with all their bells and whistles, it will be interesting to see what Specs your PC will require to run them at their best. Personally sometimes I think Rf2 may be trying to do too much just a bit too soon.

PS - I'm not out to flame anyone or spoil anyone's day. These are just the ramblings of an old Sim racer.

Patience grasshoppers, the fixing of these issues wont happen overnight, but it will happen.

Ohh and to get back on thread topic, I'm loving the Civics, :) Thanks ISI.

Cheers

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Are you f'ing kidding me dude? You've obviously never played any other racing sim based on this ridiculous statement. I'll file your name into the rFactor fanboy club for sure.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's nothing wrong with the netcode...at all, you'd know that if you raced online! There were problems with the ISI Civic server but it appears Tim found the issue and it's now resolved.

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It has already been mentioned that the Civic roll over way too easy... But have anyone done it without running over a curb?
    I was on my way to do it at Sebring, a few minutes ago... Uhm... too much grip in the track? I was not even near the curb ;)

[​IMG]