Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Oran Park GP is also a toughy, will try Snetts later.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Me too... But I think this goes for all cars. I can't hear the Honda at all at idle speed, but other cars are also very quiet. Thinking about the 60's formula cars for example...
    I think Howston is the best car in this area.

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

the wheel has a erratic behavior, sometimes soft, sometimes jarring, sometimes as a chewing gum or as rubber (having a dead zone).
    It's difficult to describe exactly (especially in English!:)) but it's not pleasant when driving and it's only the Honda and the Clio that have this problem.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Did you read anything in the car description or at least some posts here?

It's FWD car and that how the steering feels in such cars. I find it very nice, informative. So no, it's not a bug, it's a feature. Take it or leave it. ;) I would say "take it". You won't regret it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I guess you're talking about the Torque Steering effect;

Torque steering is the influence of engine torque on the steering, especially in front-wheel drive vehicles with transversely mounted engines. For example, during heavy acceleration the steering may pull to one side, which may be disturbing to the driver. The effect is manifested either as a tugging sensation in the steering wheel, or a veering of the vehicle from the intended path. Torque steer is directly related to differences in the forces in the contact patches of the left and right drive wheels. The effect becomes more evident when high torques are applied to the drive wheels either because of low transmission gearing, high engine torque, or some combination of the two.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

but it is not implemented in game yet is it?

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Right...

I have to say, I don`t experience what you describe... what I meant when I said the ffb/physics takes a bit of getting used to is because it`s a fwd car and feels different from the others we have. I like it very much and feel much more what Tuttle has explained in his post above... I feel the "pulling to one side" etc but tbh I didn`t think it was any kind of problem, just that it`s fwd and needs getting used to. :)

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Implemented or not it certainly feels different to the other cars... :)

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

The effect is the result of the actual physics (geometry/differential/engine/tires-->FFB) applied to a FWD car , so doesn't need any special implementation.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Good to know. Thanks Tuttle. :)

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

well i tested it and didnt have any torque steer at all, need to re-test it than

12. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

thank you for all these explanations, I was afraid that this is due to my steering wheel (T500RS) It seems this behavior is normal for a fwd car, but the Megane is a fwd car isn't? and I have no problem at all with the Megane (it's my favorite car), only Clio and Honda but I'll try to get used:).

Thx again.

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I think mayby a reason for the ongoing questions for the Civic ffb effects is that not all sim racers knows how it feels when a powerful front wheel drive car pulls on the wheel :)
    I had the pleasure many years ago with a VW Golf II gti (think it was a 16V 980 kg and 139 horse power) without power steering and I can confirm this.
    Sometimes the torque forces were so strong if I was not prepared it has pushed me the wheel out of my hands :p (sorry for this bad english but today the translator does not want me understand ;) )

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The Trophy car is RWD. Learning to lift a little in the Civic is a lot of fun, just riding that pulling effect so you can turn smoothly enough.

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"The Trophy car is RWD"

That's the point, I didn't know!! Because the "normal" Megane is FWD , now I understand better! Thx for the information:).

16. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yes, I presume the road car would feel like the Civic, depending on how much power it has. It would be nice to have it too. We don't get those in Canada.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As I explained earlier, 300 HP FWD car = crazy torque steer and other symptoms. It is a real art to drive one of these well at race speeds where you have to constantly manage what you can ask of the front tires that are expected to steer and propel the car.

Megane is a 300 HP mid-engine RWD car. We also have high HP rear-engined cars in rF2. These should all (and do) feel completely different in terms of FFB and handling characteristics.

Until very recently, no self-respecting racer would be caught driving, let alone racing, a FWD car. They were seen as unsuitable for a race track. But back in the 60's we had the Minis racing and since FWD is so prevalent in road cars now, there are several series that race them. It doesn't change the fact that a front-engine, FWD car is just about the worst possible set-up for a race track that you could construct. So don't be surprised that they feel "weird." But they can be a lot of fun when everyone else on the track is stuck with the same limitation.

18. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Yes, it will almost halve my FPS if I turn it on, and I only get around 40-45fps in Loch Drummond.

I have anAMD Phenom II 955 w/ AMD 7850HD (OC) on a QNIX 1440p LPS monitor (2560x1440). :(

19. After_Midnight

After_Midnight Registered

Can you share your setup for this car please? Same on/off feel here and I don`t like this !!!

Thanks in advance....

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Wow, I guess it's the resolution then. I have a 23 inch 1920 x 1080, an old Q6600 @ 3ghz and the same GPU, and I get great fps, average is above 60fps. Settings are a mix of high and max, except for road reflection which I have off, and env reflections on low. HDR and AA on max too.