Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Server frozen, shows 18 drivers in matchmaker, join and only 2 cars and frozen..cant restart weekend

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

The server was fine for a few races(with fewer drivers), then when it advanced to race session with 18 in, there were no other cars on the grid and it's been frozen since.

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

On ISI Silverstone with ~ 10 Player all good , but by left race ctd , GPU Memory load 1,5GB from 2GB .

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It had stopped. It should be back up soon (3mins for MM refresh)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, a 300 hp front-engine FWD car is going to feel tremendously different than a 300 hp mid-engine RWD car. If the Megane and the BTCC Civic felt anything alike, then ISI should be ashamed. Luckily for us, they both feel very authentic. That reviewer has apparently never driven a higher-powered FWD car, or even a lower-powered one in snow or heavy rain/slick roads. If he had, he'd recognize the FFB in rF2 right away.

6. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Anyone else have the taillights not working? All I get is white LED dots. No red glow or anything.

[​IMG]

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Judging by that pic, I'd say you are not running HDR. Might fall into the same area as the shift lights on the F2 car, in that they don't have any colour to them unless you are running HDR.

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Correct, I don't use HDR

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

I don't know of any fix for it, other than to run with HDR. Others might though, or know why it is like this for non HDR.

Can I just ask why you run without? Performance/FPS?

10. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Well, after a pré-season test finally we can produce a documented report on both car and server.
    This is not a personal opinion but a report on members opinions.

CAR: It seems a great work by ISI but in the end drivers were a little dissapointed not by the car but the type of racing it provides. Some reported strange FFB, some reported an excessive rollover at low speeds. Some reported too much degradation on their tires after 4 or 5 laps.

SERVER: We turned on all our game servers at same time. Machine was running 4 rfactor1 servers, 4 rfactor2 servers and team speak (500slots). At race time, between all servers there were around 40/45 drivers in game servers and around same number on team speak. We didnt had any issue, no lag, no CTD´s (only 1). But we had (and still have) 2 or 3 drivers that couldnt join server. Not only ours but they simply cant race in any server with the Honda (too few FPS, they usually race on 100FPS and with the Honda it drops to 20/30). Their reports focus only on online cause offline their rf2+honda seems OK. Another strange thing was a member reporting an error with custom skins. He was on server and when a driver with a custom skin joined he CTD with a message something like "skin blablablablabla error". Then he joined again and raced with no problem at all. Something with custom skins and their upload/download could be messing online racing with this mod.
    We also didnt experienced any CTD while going trough sessions and even after race end (loading again track).
    We didnt had any strange colision problems asweel.

EDIT: Live Racers on all 8 servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  11. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

Quite frustrating. Especially in Silverstone after driving over the curbs.

12. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

-slippery = more rollover , find your balance and the right speed .

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, a quick report on the Honda.

As a few others have said, I too had no tyre sounds before re-installing b382. Once I did, the tyre sounds were back.

Apart from some things already mentioned in this thread, I`ve not really noticed anything "wrong" with the car. It drives really well although the ffb/physics takes a wee while to get used to... the back end comes round quite easily sometimes but I`m finding it quite easy to catch and correct and it`s really good fun doing so... it makes for some fun/interesting driving...

More testing to be done but I`m really enjoying the car so far... :)

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

What wheel do you have? I have a T500RS and the steering remains weird (torque? or anything else?) although I tried several settings...

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

anyone else suffer form a deadly quiet engine at Idle? I hear nothing after the initial start up (not sure if it's meant to be like that!)

16. tjc

tjc Registered

G25 here...

What do you mean by "weird" steering?

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I`ve noticed this too...

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cool.

Drummond Short and Palm Beach, my two fave combos with these cars :)

19. DEK

DEK Registered

T500 here. No ffb issues. Just Great.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

I tried a qually/race at Snetterton last night and although the track could do with being updated (imo) it`s a great layout for these cars too...