Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

I use the same settings with those cars. Currently .75 for FFB Mult on the Honda with default caster. You have to account for caster in the garage. It affects steering weight considerably even with small changes.

The steering is going to be weird with them because the damn front wheels are pulling the car. :) It's a terrible idea, really, for a racing car, but there it is.

In all seriousness it's just the torque steer, and in the Honda's case there's 330HP of it. That's what torque steer feels like. If you can fully wrap your head around the idea that the front wheels are pulling the car in whatever direction they're pointed, and just dragging the back end of the car along, then the way it feels makes perfect sense. I'm not saying it's pleasant or desirable. It makes it very hard to feel the slip angles. No one likes it in real life either! :)

2. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

I was going to post into the build thread about it but now that you mention it...it's really seeming to me that the new prediction code is, on balance, quite a bit worse for racing than the old. The old code just made it so you really needed to avoid even light contact, but with the new code the remote cars ahead of me seem to be much less predictable when they do encounter a problem, be it an actual collision or an innocuous curb strike.

What do you think?

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I agree. It was actually easier to completely avoid contact with other vehicles.

But my last league race was just fine. It's mostly on ISI servers this happens, or with many players/bad ping..whatever.
    I don't know how this prediction algorithm works, but it can be disabled in multiplayer.ini. I wonder what will happen if I disable it, while others has it enabled?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It should revert to the previous behaviour, as far as what you see other cars doing especially as their pings get higher. Neither setting affects what the server itself is sending you about where a car is - it's all about the prediction of where they'll be next. From the little I've seen it seems that instead of just calculating a new position based on the previous one(s) it's perhaps biasing towards no contact, as well as probably doing the calculations slightly differently. I suppose that might mean it more often disagrees with what actually happens, so then you see some strange behaviour as the next updated position disagrees with the prediction.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Believe what you want, i'm done with that. I offered officially my help they could have ben expereienced how pro or not i'm but they where not intrested in somebody professional offering help for nothing. I even pay them for something not working right and incomplete. I even don't start to go in details in the forums because there is no reason to do so when there is no intrest. All this people had start just because of a well intended little opinion from me about the honda, not me was. This community hurts itself and destroys rf2 future and devs support that.

And than what has toy FFB to do with any race team or what else please.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Ah and how well the standard seem to works for people i see or is there something i don't know why people need to adjust and fiddle with ffb settings. I would like to see al ya faces when the guys at ISI rebalance or change it in the future. Maybe the complete tire model will change it but you are all sure it is already perfect and realistic.

N8 !

7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

You are not helping neither trying to help.
    If you really want to help than change your "im the one,the best, all others suck, dev suck" attitude, place reasonbly explained posts, and let people judge your opinions.
    With that attitude you will get nothing apart some replying posts on your attitude and not on your real opinions and/or knowledge.
    I think all fórum will be more constructive if you could change a little how you see things and how you express your knowledges instead of continuing mistreat on ISI and their devs. All people here will thank you for that im sure.

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thank you for your explanations, I understand better now and, perhaps, I'll better drive, who knows? :)

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I changed ffb smoothing to 0 (4 with every other car) and did some radical setup changes and now the ffb feels much better (not that on/off feeling anymore). Still feels significantly different compared to other cars but I guess that's the point.

Could somebody explain what ffb smoothing does because previously 4 has been good with all cars, why do I have to put it to 0 now to have a good feeling?

10. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Speed1 at least 27 post in this thread and we can barely read a word about the civic, something about the longitudinal forces overcomes the load... a few words, in this way empty words for the guys who aren´t as smart as you seem and don´t have your knowledge.
    "Believe what you want?" Yes, EVER, until someone proves me wrong, but with facts and/or reasoning.
    You don´t start to go in details in the forum because there is no interest, then what are you doing here?... If people don´t have interest why we're all here?. Give it a try.
    You ask for a direct line to the developers because you're a professional in your field.
    If you are so pro try to sharing that knowledge with which we aren´t so pro, instead of begging for attention from developers. Maybe you think is a waste of time to teach something to us... Give it a try again.
    But if you're so pro remember to use examples and words that we can understand, like good teachers (they really are not many) do.

"I have a solution to the global crisis but Merkel and Rajoy don´t give me the Obama´s phone to fix everything.
    And because of my high knowledge I can not explain to anyone else, they wouldn´t understand me."
    You sound like that :D
    Nothing personal with you, only I´m tired to read that opera soap here and there.
    Language barrier here too...
    Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

B-back on t-topic..

Isn't it the server that will do the predicting though? I would assume those predictions come and go with the packets the server sends and receives so it knows where everyone is and tells everyone where the others are.
    I could be wrong of course but it makes sense to me its server side, when on a server.

12. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

On the FFB topic and our Info on tires / cars:
    what i would really love to see, and what would make rF2 much more "professional" on the engineering side and on developing setups, would be a testing and plotting tool for tire / car behaviour.
    For an example i would really love to be able to plot graphs like lateral-force over slipangle over slip-ratio or in this case a graph giving aligning-torque over slip-angle over slip-ratio (like in the picture below).
    View attachment 11306
    Tools like this would allow us to develop setups in a much more methodical way than just trial and error...and in reality, most race-engineers will have data like that easily available for the tires they are using!

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so you want to remove the one thing that's totally realistic then? confused by your request :confused:

14. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just my two cents regarding demo cars. This car is clearly great but that doesn't stop it from being controversial just by virtue of it being fwd and people not understanding. Ye, it does look good and that is important but I believe the best and least controversial cars for a demo is the 60s F1 cars. The 60s F3 and F2 cars are amazing and the Brab, too. They are all very drivable and controllable. They also have old tires which are easy to manage slides with. Obviously, 60s F1s are too insane for many wnthout mastering the others first and also leaving them out would be the tease for purchase. Understandably, however, the models and historic tracks are older than newer modern content so that may ne a deal breaker unless planning to update historic content. I believe people are more open minded with F3s on modern tracks, however because they benefit from tighter tracks. Oh well, just thinking out loud mostly.

15. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

370z with a good bit of rubber on Silverstone is just like gt academy. this combo is the real gt academy demo. I drove it in real and rfactor 2 simulates it almost perfect.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

16. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Livebrain View Post
    Is there any way to remove the "torque steer" effect from FFB ? i dont really like it :/ its just too much for me.
    so you want to remove the one thing that's totally realistic then? confused by your request "

For me it is not realistic . I drove lots of frontwheel car but steering should not effective by torque . I use a Fanatec CSW F1 Rim and its overdone theses effect

17. vali

vali Registered

I have to say I agree with last posts. The Civic is really a joy to drive and the racing is very tight, but I don't think it should be the new demo car because people will think "the physics are wrong". 370z, old F3, old F2 or the national skippy would be better (the skippy is hard to race with if you are a careless driver, but the FFB and the feeling is amazing).

Back on topic: I noticed rFactor crashes after closing a racing session with the Civic. My system is a bit "unstable" sometimes and I tend not to power off it several days in a row, so a crash here and there is not that rare, but since people are reporting the same happened to them it seems I am affected too.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

To be perfectly honest, because you seem to be unwilling to deal with it without an answer this brutal, I don't think we would be able to work with you. You're not the first, you won't be the last. Sometimes modders have made great works, and we simply could not have them as staff, sometimes we can see potential, and we hire them - because we could work with them. We've had engineers come we've worked with, others we haven't.

In any case, we have zero information it's wrong, multiple sources of information it's right. At this point, there's no information we could use, you certainly don't work with this specific car, right? In any case, we wouldn't come to you for anything based pretty much on interaction in this thread, but also on the fact that it's not how we work.

I'm also pretty much done with you in terms of how you post. What that means? Not sure, but I can only suggest you think about it a bit.

19. ianwGP

ianwGP Registered

Well is all i can say is the civics feel mighty fine to me loving them:) I had couple of hours on last night single player and isi server with no problems at all (the only problem i do have is assetto corsa ffb now feel lifeless lol):)

20. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

For people who says torque steer does not exist or says Civic has wrong FFB:

That's a road car, and road cars are designed to avoid torque steer, and this Mazda suffers torque steer even accelerating in straight line (this is worst when you are turning). Imagine a competition car, with way more torque and under mid or slow speed turns conditions. Some times It's annoying as It's in real life, but shows you really fine when are you reaching front grip limits, I actually do not suffer It when driving smooth in Silverstone, maybe more in other tracks like croft It's more noticeable, but not unrealistinc in any way :)