Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Nick Atsidakos

Nick Atsidakos Registered

Yes i have this too but as others mention in posts below your post, seems real this FFB reaction on the Civic,we have use to this in rF1 and this is the reason that feels weird to some people.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think we have 31 set. AFAIK you can go higher than that, but I never have.I might reduce, as it will reduce the overall connections. But I don't know if we've ever had 5x30, or even close to it, on there.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

just opened the Talent file for a nosey and it's all over the place, not neatly laid out like other RCD files, gonna take some time sorting this mess out :p

4. 88mphTim

I think it's due to the fact that this is probably the most detailed car. When coupled with certain tracks (especially Silverstone), you can have issues. People in this thread have lowered settings, including AI, and removed issues. Apologies that the softwares way of letting you know, is to crash.

5. 88mphTim

If you opened with Notepad, open with Wordpad, or vice versa.

6. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Ok, just tested it. Did 18 laps, finishing off with 56% left on front left tire. last laptime was still an 2:12.8 .
    My changes to the setup were few, reducing the load on the outer front tire:
    front toe: one click more out; diff-lock: two clicks less on power, one click more on coast.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hah yeah just noticed!

Whilst you're here why is Crash set so low? can only presume this is linked to the AI Mistakes PLR setting? yet to fiddle with Crash myself yet, ta

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim, also noticed you've got 110 Aggresion set for some, I was under the impression it was 0-100 maximum for RCD values :confused:
    If I'm wrong then that's good but is there a limit at all do you know?

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

So let me get this straight... your British Touring Cars wont work properly on your British track?..alteast your servers arnt laggy or randomly disappear from the lobby cause that would look really bad ;)

10. 88mphTim

Soft tires should go 5-8 laps before significantly 'dying'. Hard tires, when driven properly, can easily last the races, but will absolutely drop off as in real life.

Remember, as the profile page says, that the front tires do a lot of work, and the rear tires slide around behind. When the rear tires lose THEIR grip, it actually makes the front tires worse as the car can only grip with them, then the rear slides more due to that, making the front worse, rear worse, front worse, rear worse, etc, etc. So... To save your FRONTS, think about the REAR. :)

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Are you trying to say that my pc can't run civic and silverstone with high settings? :p It's only crashing when leaving server, between sessions etc. No ctd while racing, so far.

12. 88mphTim

Silverstone has not been updated. If you're trying to give feedback on the server, something I am actively trying to get help with, please be more helpful than that. What is your ping from Australia?

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

posted it in your server thread 3 or 4 weeks ago

14. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Why can we not put softs on the rear? BTCC rules?

15. 88mphTim

Your system should be fine, but obviously something isn't right. Between sessions, replays are saved, can you try disabling replay saving and see if it still does it, to test?

16. 88mphTim

In the last 10 hours (the window of your reply) the server settings were altered. :)

17. 88mphTim

We don't have rule enforcement for that at this time, so I assume it was just allowed as-is.

The Clio series often puts their fronts on their rears for their second race on a set of tires.

18. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

more trivial note Jeff Smith had white wheels not black :)

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

sorry I just cant keep up with your speed of development lol :D

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ok, I'll try that.
    Now when you mentioned replays, I remember I have changed replay compression from 1 to 0 in player file. I guess that should not cause ctd's but anyway...