Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. coops

coops Banned

car is ok. gd play m8 for the clio. would much prefer features of the game finished or updated than this content.
    1 other thing ppl at mores using pit lane 4 wheels off the track is cheating, were is the track cutting and why does it not work ? ISI maybe you can fix this and show us that the track cutting works to stop this type of thing from happening and if not there will always be problems with CHEATS. If this feature will not do the job players and leagues want it is useless.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Meh, not useless. its questionable yes but it can be worked around. the easiest way would be by just let everyone use that extra piece of pavement. that way the odds are equal again.

In leagues its easier, stewards, rules, reviews, whatever. punish the cheating bastards :)

Cut detection has been one of my focus points, have discussed it many times, requested/suggested several things. but I've moved past it, I don't think cut detection will work properly in rf2 as I don't think ISI considers this their responsibility.
    And not bitter about it either mind you, it could well be a technical issue. but its most likely not going to happen by design.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Made some changes to the servers. I think I had actually disabled skin uploads a while back when these issues started, as they were off, but you know what was on? Replays! Userdata was full of them.

What do you use for Connection Type, Upload, Download speeds to have yours run? Custom 8042 is what it was set by NRT, I don't really know what kind of backbone it has.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i suppose all FWDs are like that, as basically in RWD you have front tyres to change direction, rear tyres to accelerate, so all tyres have a "role" .. where in FWDs you leave it all upto front, and the rear is there just so you dont scratch your butt on tarmac :-D

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Something is definitly wrong with these cars + silverstone, especially once you go above 20cars. I don't let skins get loaded while I'm driving and 9/10 when I escape out of the car I get a runtime library error and rf2 crashes. Not sure what it is but I'm certainly not the only one. If you need testers, please let us know because this was apparent to me in the very first session I did with the car. Just like the cars that are bouncing on their suspension, or their collision model

It's a shame, everytime I try to get back in RF2 a bit stuff like this happens and makes you completely lose intrest again for weeks untill a new build comes that may be the fix for everything.
    The car itself drives great tho, good job there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Finally got round to having a blast in these....
    Brilliant. ..simple.

Only bugbear is getting the in car fov right on triples...
    Just cant seem to get it right as yet

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

not having that issue, it does look like your GPU screw up, not game, but not saying im sure

9. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Doesn't looks as a track issue. Check if you're getting the same shadow bug using other non-cockpit cameras as it looks to me as a wrong camera shadow bias, however it is odd as we're now bypassing all bias values to use the same settings for all cars.

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Me too.

Though this evening, I encountered a different issue.

I joined an online race, as it moved from Quali to race I got a CTD (Loch drummond ISI server). OK, I am aware this is an issue for whatever reason. After this, I decided to go single player racing. I got some really, really weird wheel/FFB behaviour. As I started the race, my car shot off to the right (ya know, like when you've left your wheel turned by mistake) but then, the car kind of started following the path of the AI. It's really weird and hard to describe. The car kind of responded to my input in an odd way (full lock to the left to SLIGHTLY change line) but, largly seemed to be "attracted" to the AI and the line they were taking. I had to full lock to slightly pull it away. This repeated on Silverstone, Croft, Palm Beach and loch Drummond. Looking in the controller options, my wheel was calibrated as intended.

I tried restarting the sim, unplugging then plugging in my wheel, multiple times each. (I use a G27). The issue persisted.

I got very frustrated and also worried my wheel was screwed, so, another sim. iRacing, Wheel was fine. Moved on to Assetto Corsa Wheel was fine, Kart Racing Pro, wheel was fine. I then came back to rF2 (Can't get enough of the Civic) and...everything was fine again.

I understand that this sounds very odd, I've not been able to replicate it but thought I would raise it. In hindsight I should have tried another vehicle to see if the issue was related to the civic or something else. I could provide a video of it happening as I was streaming at the time, if helpful, but of course you wouldn't be able to see MY wheel inputs in real life.

Don't take this the wrong way, not bashing, just trying to raise an issue I had. I hope some of this makes some kind of sense. I posted here as I think it is Civic-related. If anyone has any questions so we can identify it, I will try to answer. My PC specs are on my profile, too. Though it says Windows 8, I'm on 8.1/

Cheers.

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I have had an experience that a certain game engine was using lower LODs for shadows for some reason, and the Civic LODs arnt very... nice--- Do you think that might be it?

13. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Bug : Pirtek 55 car windows, also have the 77 car's window decals on them ghosted behind them.

14. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

While this hasn't happened "ingame" for me, I have had 2 CTD's since yesterday in Dev mode with the same result. Found that upon restarting all aids had been turned on.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Several external cameras are fine, but the interiors and these also show the skeleton effect.
    View attachment 11284
    View attachment 11285

I also tried maxing the shadows and blur, even though my PC threatened me of bodily harm, but it changed nothing.

16. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

The skeleton shadows seem to only happen when using attached outside of car cameras... also this same skeleton effect can be seen in road reflections of the cars too. I think it has something to do with the shadows using the wrong LOD at the wrong distance.

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Makes sense!
    Have you also noticed that the level of detail on these cars varies a bit much at a closer distance? I normally don't notice that effect with other cars.

18. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I get CTD's at Loch D with any more than 7-10 Honda cars. I did some testing today and the more I turn down the GFX the more cars I can run with. Don't have this issue when I run F3 cars here.

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

When is the last time you reinstalled from scratch?

20. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I had same effect at Silverstone, looked like shadows were floating at a short distance from the car, but, oddly enough I just finished a race at Loch Drummond online with about 16 cars and there was no problem.