For Sale- 1 year old Lightning SST shifter

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Guy Moulton, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I love this shifter and I don't want to sell it, but my PC has developed a problem with it and I can't figure it out. When the SST is hooked up to another PC (like the laptop I have) it works fine. When it is hooked up to my gaming PC, it is recognized but the buttons don't show up as being pressed when I go through the gears. I'm not reinstalling windows just for this, so I'm going for the TH8RS (which I have always wanted to try anyway).

Last year I modded this shifter so that 7th gear is blanked off (drilled a piece in place so the shifter can't enter that gate) and the shifter has a bit more resistance in shifting (just tightened it up). These are the only modifications I made. If you take it apart you can easily undo the blanked off gate. But it's 7th gear on an h-shifter..... would you really want to!

$120 shipped (that's almost half price without the shipping). US only unless you want to cover the shipping (then we can discuss the price)

2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Great shifter ...good price, but fresh windows is easier. ;)

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I found the prob after posting this- the newest 8.51 Logitech Gaming Software has a prob with the SST. I got a new Logitech headset and it updated the LGS to this version and that breaks the SST. I rolled back to 8.40 and it works again. So I lose some functionality with the new headset :-/

Still moving on to the TH8 RS. What do you use, Cactus Dave?

4. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Do you still have the sst for sale? Mine crapped out after years.
    I might just give up simracing if I have to keep on with these stupid flippers.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Contact them, they might rebuild it.

6. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I decided to keep the shifter. I found the issue and just reverted back to the old version of the Logitech software to solve it. This shifter is just too awesome to part with. I do wonder about the TH8 shifter though, I have heard it's good

8. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

TSW stuff is bulletproof, both the H and the sequential. The SST takes a little time to get used to, it isn't gated and I missed many shifts before mastering it. The other thing was I broke it 2 times..
    I slammed gears hard when learning it, and messed up the 2nd gear switch, but the guys at SST are super customer friendly and repaired it free both times.

EDIT: LOL, now after putting on my glasses I see you were wondering about the TH8 shifter not TSW. oops.

9. Kiro

Kiro Registered

As far as I know, they went out of business, so I'm screwed.
    Y I had a bad switch so I moved 7th to p2 and no luck.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Contact these guys. I've heard that they are still in contact with the guys who used to build them.

http://www.gorillacustoms.com/main/

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

You can open up the unit and turn the gates (they are there but at the bottom) upside down and remap the buttons. I tried contacting gorillacustoms about the software issue but only got voicemail.