Schumacher seriously injured

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by Murtaya, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Led566

Led566 Registered

And Mercedes would nearly destroy Chrysler and ...Fiat (!) would become owner of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep (besides of Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lancia).

BTW unfortunately artic is not melting and Shell (together with Exxon and several other big oil companies) is "fracking" (a gentle word for f&£%ing) us europeans out of our industry.

In 10-15 years chances are we'll shutdown everything.

We'll still make gorgeous cars like Ferrari itself and Lambo but no european will drive it.

Ah, still we have lot of coal...go figure. :p

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Interesting.

In the 60s and early 70s, British were the kings of motor biking industry, along with the Italians.
    Then came mr Honda who copied European knowhow and made the empire we all know.

The intriguing part is, I was an Italian bike fun, I had a MotoGuzzi Lemans and a Ducati Pandah.
    I had a trip all around Europe, and while in Italy, I saw only one (1!!) Pantah like mine, all the rest were Japanese bikes.

After a lot of years, I was still an Italian fun, now in motorcars, so I had a Punto GT, the Turbo one.
    Again, I crossed all Italy and I didnt see even ONE Punto GT, all I saw were BMWs, AUDIs, Clios and anything but Italian cars.
    Yes I saw plain Puntos, but it seems if you guys dont buy your own stuff why should the rest do?

My god this is so out of OT, please excuse.

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

It's due to governments influencing prices by setting import and export duty, and bankers influence exchange rates, all about money and power not about supply and demand. It's a big horrible game of chess.

Anyway easy to go OT when you are waiting for good news.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think OT in this thread is a bit unpolite. Just an opinion

enviado mediante tapatalk

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Agreed..

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Schumi still in koma and there is a chance he might never wake up again

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

He probably will, but it will take a long time to rehabilitate to get him anywhere near of his former self... Maybe he'll never be the same again.

8. TMoney

TMoney Registered

This is so sad. Can't believe stuff like this happens out of no where, I mean look at Paul Walker. I pray he pulls through this, the legend must live on.

9. coops

coops Banned

lets hope with modern day medicine he will be up and around soon. wishing him and his family all the best in the hardest times of there lives.

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I have done more reading and the statement "might never wake up again" is more like a press exaguration of the fact that people in coma longer than 2 weeks might suffer permanent damage, dont have to, but might, and they assume he is still in coma by the fact that the hospital has not annouced him awake (the hospital has been quiet)
    So they are right, he might never wake up again, but that is the chance in any coma, even artificial one. Hopefully there will be some good news soon

11. smithaz

smithaz Registered

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/ This guy explains it well and in detail, nobody knows what will happen to Schumi, it is just a waiting game. It is also unwise to listen to a single thing the daily mail puts out, always read another source for the info the DM leaves out.

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hehe, it wasnt DM i read it in, but you are most certainly right :)

13. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

The Daily Dose of Right Wing Hysteria/Propaganda Mail you mean?

No surprise they would want to earn money off a downed hero at all. They will be looking for as much misinformation as possible for the next 3 months.

I hope for his family he recovers. Paul Walker doesn't belong in the Schumacher thread. R.I.P. and all that but.... (if you need to ask why do it by PM or other thread)

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Although I'm not really what you'd consider a fan of any particular team/driver, I do wish them all well on Sundays.
    This news if true, is a huge blow and something I've dreaded since learning of Michael's fall.
    To spend all those years in the car and only broken a leg then retire and fall on the slopes while spending time with his son, is just heartbreaking.

15. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Exactly my thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwyvbYCGcU

:(

16. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I asked a friend of mine, who has a double doctorate from Cambridge, here's what he explained about Schumacher's predicament;

He's been put into an induced comma, there is a big difference, they lower the body & brain temperature to around 33 C degrees to stop brain activity and they also manually pump the heart, this is to stop the dead area's of brain cells being activated, which if activated will release all their potential (far more than normal) to the next cell, which if it's a dead cell, will also release all it's potential too, if a live cell is triggered by a dead cell firing, it will overload the live cell and cause that to die too, which in turn will then release all it's potential causing the next cell to die and so on. The brain is put into an induced comma to stop this happening. They can bring him out of an induced comma by increasing his body temperature, but there's a risk that a dead cell may fire and trigger a catastrophic cascade of cell death causing further brain damage. They are hoping that the brain will fix itself and won't do this.

They can keep him in an induced comma for years if necessary and bring him out when they like, in contrast, a comma that is caused by an accident is due to a brain malfunction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  17. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Thats life , I ran into a fellow that I havent seen in just on a year where he was as strong as bull and enjoying life at the age of 50 , well since then he has come down with some rare disease that attacks the nervous system and he looks like he is dying , just a stick figure in a wheelchair , poor man , makes one think how lucky one can be to be healthy and how fickle and cruel life can be in the blink of an eye .

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Read the papers tday saying if Schu wakes up, it might not be the same Schu. :(

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Papers will write all kinds of scenarios, even if just remotely possible - just to get your attention. It's how they make their living - by attracting attention.

For your own sake - don't pay attention to press. Not ever.

20. Radar

Radar Registered