Who are the best simracers and how good are they really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SPASKIS, Dec 28, 2013.

1. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Maybe, who knows! It'd be some nice circularity. :)

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

3. Eternum

Eternum Registered

Me myself and I......hi hi hi!!! :cool:

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

5. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Huttu is a 34 years man with his life practically dedicated to simracing, with a cockpit of thousand of dollars. I know some nearly 50 years men with his family and kids, with only 1 or 2 at most days a week for play, in a kitchen chair and a 17" inch monitor that are almost as fast as Huttu, Greco, and other aliens. :p

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

7. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

The important word is "almost".

8. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Almost, time, or hardware? Can you make a poll...

9. Domi

Domi Registered

If you think hardware makes him (or any other top simracer) faster you are just fooling yourself. Also there are tons of people with triple screens and Fanatec wheels, so it's not like he is any special on that regard.

10. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

I dont think it would have made him as he still got to do the work , but it sure does help get you there being set up with top gear .

11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I saw an interesting video on Youtube of Nigel Mansell an F1 World Champion and Nascar Champion.
    He drove a sim at some kind of show.
    before you ask what sim, I didnt take much notice but what was fantastic was his total concentration, oblivious to all around him as he learned the car/sim/track.
    He raced one other guy over about 5 laps and when he won he got up absolutley pumped and shook his hand.
    That man that legend had experienced total focus and immersion in what we do-sim racing.

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I think focus is the key, that ability to put 100% of your attention to a task 100% of the time, add that to the required ability and you have an alien, I know I slip, the odd random thought enters my head and there is a few tenths gone right there, at the wrong time it is worse and your not where you need to be for that corner and a second is gone or worse. Of course racing in a living room with the Tv behind me and four cats looning around is my excuse :)

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Huttu hasn't always had a crazy rig yet he has always been regarded as an alien. So explain that away. People always find a reason for why fast drivers are fast. The time thing has nothing to do with it either. Fast drivers can show up with no practice at a new track in a new car and kill everyone in no time. Huttu has shown talent in a real car too. I also remember back when RFC had that hotlap competition for $1000 and Greco was doing really well. I remember reading about his rig at the time and it wasn't anything special either. My rig at that time was much better than his and I wasn't even close to matching his times. It's been a long time and can't remember how far off I was though. The point is, hardware and time isn't all there is to it. Huttu and Greco really do have talent. Lots of it. An insane amount of it.

14. Comante

Comante Registered

Hardware make his part, but it's not the only part, just like time and dedication make his part, but it's not only a matter of hardware time and dedication . We are alla different, there are people that are more talented, more precise, more capable of reproducing again and again the movements, the reflexes, everything. But for sure, bad hardware, low FPS, low resolution don't help. Just by changing monitor, in RF1, I was able to cut 1 second from my times, felt the need to decrease the steering lock, and everything seemed easier and more fun (from a 17" 4:3 to a 22" 16:9).

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Input lag is for sure a big killer in simracing. Something so many people overlook. VSync is a killer. Looks nice but kills laptimes.

16. Domi

Domi Registered

Exactly. Personally I know lots of aliens and most of them don't have anything special, or they were already superfast when they had a normal computer/wheel/chair etc.

17. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

That's RaceRoom :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCiWf7WEViM