Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Edmund Roland, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

2. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

3. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

4. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

The comment box on the vid says private convert not public release never!!

Which sounds not so promising

But it looks really nice!!

5. RJames

RJames Registered

I have a private version I converted to rF2 a while back of the same track. I'll see if we can contact the original creator and see if we are allowed to release it to the community. It's really well built in rfactor 1 so the conversion went really well and looks great.

6. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

Could you possibly send it to me privately? The forum I'm part of really needs it to complete a gt3 series.
    I can send you my email address in a private message if you like. We certainly won't distribute the track anywhere. It would be kept within the forum.

I can tell you what the forum is as well in the message. Do have a poke around, it's good racing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
  7. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I can think of a couple of mods that would really suit this track

Fingers crossed for a release of any kind!!

8. Davitmm

Davitmm Registered

+1

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am also very, VERY interested in this track, in any form, with or without real road. :)

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's a shame people are keeping content to themselves. rf2 needs tracks like this.

Hopefully a version gets a public release.

11. Valter Cardoso

I cant disagree more.

1- Apart few examples like Virtual_LM tracks, Poznan, etc, all other content (conversions or not) are just rubbish and send a complete wrong image of RF2 to the public.
    2- You need to place yourself in original creator place. Imagine he´s working on Paul Ricard update to RF2 (or thinking on it) and gets here and see that someone stole his work without his permission. I will not like it for sure.

I must say that was excpeting much more community content by now. Not only we do not have reasonably good content as we dont see major known mod teams announcing/developing RF2 mods/tracks. We see some people trying to make quick conversions and most of them are just bad (dont know any other kind words to describe it). I understand and respect their work but its not what RF2 needs. RF2 needs a couple of well known mod groups working on content.
    After some months making leagues i reach the conclusion that only (or close to it) ISI stuff its ok.

12. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

You try LIENZ and Essington convertions ??

13. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

I will add the Nordschleife :)

14. Valter Cardoso

Sure...as i stated...."apart few examples". Cant write them all. Essington is on our upcoming Camaro GT3 Cup. Also Nords by Pelclair, croft, etc.....We cant name them all, but i still think that the majority of released content (more than 100 tracks) is not at RF2 level.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

You seem to contradict yourself. On the one hand you say it's a good thing modders are keeping content to themselves, on the other hand you are complaining of a lack of content. Which is it to be?

By the way, I wasn't passing judgement on the quality of this track, just saying Paul Ricard would be a worthy addition to RF2.

16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

this isnt getting a release because the owner doesnt have permission. which i thought was the community favoured way to behave, so fair play. it is frustrating to see that they are done but that we cant have them though!

a lot of the current conversions are for league racing and are purely for that purpose it seems. barely using RR and very rarely even reflections.

i think the desire for content is leading these 'rushed' jobs to get into the community, look how long and how much work Pleclair has had to put into nords to get it up to standard.

maybe the community builds will get things moving - get a base for a track, and then x person does RR, y person picks up the environment etc etc and it becomes a crowd sourced creation.

permissions on converts is the real blockage to this content coming into the public domain though. scratch builds appear to be really long term projects

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

No permission? That's fair enough then. Still a shame as it looks good.

18. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

thats what the comment on youtube vid says anyway

19. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I know the mod Edmund is talking about and this track would certainly fit :)

20. Valter Cardoso

No contradiction. I didnt say that its a good thing modders keeping content to themselves. I said its a good thing people not using other people work without permission. Read things as they are.
    The lack of content im refering to its the valuable one. If you look at the present +130 tracks avaliable, only 1 or 2 dozens are worthwhile. Other 100 are converted works from other people, without quality and even worst without permission.