[WIP] Holden HQ Racing by FTRRacing

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

Hi Guys

Happy Christmas

Today i would like to announce that i will be making from scratch the Holden HQ (HQ Racing). This is the first Mod i have ever made so this could take a very long time since im still learning everything so dont expect anything soon. i will post updates on how the mod is going. Also any feedback and advice would help me as i'm new to the whole modding community. also if anyone would like to be a bata tester that would be much appreciated. Also at a later stage i will be adding this track to Assetto Corsa

HQ Holden Racing is the definitive entry level category for saloon car racing in Australia, providing the opportunity to enjoy close racing and develop race craft at an affordable price. The success of HQ Racing Australia also lies in the overall management by the National Category Manager, National Eligibility Officer and the State Delegates. These people, who are passionate about HQ Racing, meet annually to discuss proposed rule changes and make decisions affecting the future direction of the class. A significant clause in the HQRA Constitution states that the class will “never allow any freedom within the regulations of the HQ Holden class that will allow the class to deviate from its roots of providing low cost circuit motor racing While the National body oversees the category, each state has a separate club that supports its local members and works with their state race promoters to facilitate their involvement in the local competition HQ Holdens, while being primarily club level racers, compete on all tracks in Australia with the exception of the high profile street circuits. From the exciting high speed tracks like Bathurst, Phillip Island and Eastern Creek to the tighter challenging circuits, Mallala and Winton there are events including HQs in every state of Australia throughout the year. Each year an event to determine the National Champion is held in a different state by rotation, while the individual states run an annual point score series to determine the Driver of the Year for that state. From short sprint races of five lap distance, to a four hour Enduro, the various states provide plenty of variety and the opportunity to test drivers and crew.

HQ Car Specifications

BODY:
    1971-74 HQ Holden 4 Door

ENGINE:
    202 Red motor - max.0.060" oversize. WADE 933 controlled camshaft.
    Standard crankshaft and conrods. Engine may be balanced and blueprinted.
    Cast pistons only. Compression ratio free.
    Sump may be baffled. (Engine must be sealed)

CYLINDER HEAD:
    Valve springs free, but only one per valve. (no double valve springs)
    Valves free subject to a maximum head size of - Exhaust 1.375" - inlet 1.675".
    Valve lifters free - must be hydraulic operation and a maximum diameter of .8428.

FUEL:
    A Commercial Fuel, with a maximum ethanol content of 10%. Pump Fuel shall be available for sale on demand from a roadside retail bowser outlet at each of at least five separate service stations in each of at least three Australian States. A mixture of Pump Fuels with the same hydrocarbon profile is permitted (eg, brands of unleaded petrol (ULP) may be mixed; 10% ethanol-blended fuels and ULP may not be mixed, lead replacment additives as per cams rule book).

CARBURETTOR:
    One only standard 202 red motor Stromberg carby. Jets are free.
    Air cleaner - Speco HQ 900 AC (controlled item)

EXHAUST:
    Exhaust system is free from cylinder head exit.

COOLING:
    Radiator free but must bolt to original holes. Electric fan may be used.

WEIGHT:
    1365kg (minimum race weight)

WHEELS:
    14"x 7" or 14"x 8" mags or steel rims.

TYRES:
    Kenda Klever H/P KR 15 P235/60R1496H.

WHEEL ALIGNMENT:
    The camber on each front wheel must not exceed 3° negative.
    The rear wheel camber must not exceed 0° ± 1° negative.

GEARBOX:
    Standard HQ 3-speed manual gearbox (must be sealed).
    Floor shift may be fitted.

CLUTCH:
    Method of actuation is free.
    One ton clutch assembly may be fitted.

DIFFERENTIAL:
    Standard non-limited slip Banjo or Salisbury 3.55 to 1 ratio. (must be sealed)

BRAKES:
    Front disc PBR or Girlock. Drum type rear. Lining material free.
    Brake hoses may be replaced with those of aeronautical standard.

SUSPENSION:
    All mounting points must be in original position. All bushings must remain original (rubber). Suspension components are strictly controlled by use of ‘Pedders HQ Racing Kit’, obtained from any Pedders store

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. Jello

Jello Registered

This will be great :)

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

HOLDEN MY EYE!!! I KNOW CHEVYS WHEN I SEE THEM!!!
    lol I'm telling you thought they look like Chevys , at least what I remember as a kid here in the US.
    I swear one of those cars even look like an Oldsmobile Cutlass.

5. Essemo

Essemo Registered

My first car was a 1971 HQ. Can't wait for this one.

6. coops

coops Banned

get a HQ b4 it gets U.

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Take your time, maybe there will be a Bathurst when it comes out! ;)

8. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

I'm starting on learning how to use Autodesk 3ds Max next week just been too busy at work the past few weeks with Christmas and new yr just hope i dont make something terrible

Well since every other Sim has Bathurst Laser Scanned i expect to see it and some point announced in 2014

9. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

10. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Suggestion, you need to setup those BP better or you wont get good proportions but to tell you the truth, this kinda BP are worse you could imagine and very inacurate.
    Most of 3d artists these days use splines and pics to match everything out and than model. I usually model directly from pics, first i do all kinda diferentt boxes to get the messurments and every detail of the car out becase even pics can make proportions of cars wrong as some pics are made with diferente lenses.

11. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

Project Canceled

12. Radar

Radar Registered

Why has the project been cancelled ?

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I would hazard a guess from the font size nothing good.

Tell the truth there is that much rF2 public no permission I can't work it out heads or tails. lol :)

Harry has had 3 or 4 threads locked and more with content deleted
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11864-Mount-Panorama-WIP?p=163551&viewfull=1#post163551

What does that matter or have to do with building a scratch mod.

Well, what does this mean, I may be reading it wrong, look at the description under Forum: Third party cars, tracks and plugins title.

So you could modify your principles on a developers site that is what.

Does not mean you could not email makers of anything you get conversions of and want to post, ask them would they mind if you posted it as a early beta version, whatever, then you have every right to start a thread.

In fact that is exactly what would have happened with Morgan Park thread if you had hunted down owner and asked beforehand.

That is all I say to you Harry, just because someone does not see or mind of a rip being up does not mean they will help you in your modding endeavors.......... you want to build bridges, not break them.

Good Luck with the modding H. ;)

14. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

Because iv been trying to work with 3ds max and its just so bloddy hard and its just annoying me now trying to to make everything 100% perfect to the mm I feel like I'm going to throw the whole computer out the window (prob thanks to my dyslexia)

15. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Stopping for that reason, i´m the one that would throw your whole computer out of your window after beating you with the keyboard.

Durge´s excuse was much better.

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Why not start modding yourself?

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Good idea. What mod do you need milady?

18. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

How about Leyland P76?

19. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

20. Radar

Radar Registered

Classic..

@Harry, I can understand your frustration as I was in the same boat as yourself, but now I find 3Ds Max so easy to use that if you throw me a pic and some measurements I could reproduce something to put into game. I could make the model with more or less polys as it really does depend on what quality you want to achieve.

To be honest, start with a more basic model like a building until you get your head around 3Ds Max, once you work out the basics of Max you can then start to build cars. Your car (the HQ) will be one of the easiest to build imho meaning it doesn't have as many parts as modern day cars or Formula 1 cars for that matter. If I had the net at home (recently moved) then I could produce the shell for you to give you an idea of how quick and easy it would be. The more time you spend on the model, the better the quality ie the grill of the car, the headlights, tail lights etc but as a basic model it will not take long at all.

As I said Harry, start with some basic modelling, look at YouTube videos and build a building, or better still build a bridge and post it here as a bit of a laugh with 'I built the bridge'. Seriously dude, you spent all of one week or so, you can't possibly get your head around everything in one week or so.