Tinnitus and computers, is there a connection?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skynet, Dec 22, 2013.

1. datanode

datanode Registered

I wish you lots of luck in getting to the bottom of it, sometimes the attitude of drs can seem less than helpful. I am certainly sorry that you do not seem to be helped as much as you should be with this. Stick at it like you are, it is all you can do.

Where are you based ?

Have you had blood tests done as well?

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Skynet

-keep us updated with your progress

I'm sure you don't have to worry to much , it will pass it get sorted
    But do keep at it ( & try and get that scan just to be safe! )

3. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Barnet, Herts... just north of London.

No blood tests yet. You want to hear something funny, my doctor asked me whether i had been stressed at all, but then didn't bother to take my blood pressure (facepalm), then conceded that she doesn't know the cause or a solution for tinnitus. So why ask?!.. they just go through the motions man, reel it off like there taught to. My friend Troy had a blood pressure testing thing, so i checked it and it was fine. Don't worry i will find the cause, and if it does turn out to be something that the medical community is shunning, i will make as much noise about it as possible for the sake of others.
    ----------------------------------

P.S Better late than never, Merry christmas all =)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
  4. guod

guod Registered

Skynet,

Can you not just make an appointment with an ENT? I have Meniere's disease also and tinnitus goes with the package, but tinnitus can be something very insignificant or it can be something that needs attention. If your GP isn't referring you to an ENT contact them yourself for the peace-of-mind if nothing else. ;)

5. datanode

datanode Registered

I am originally from herts born in Harlow. But from buntingford near Hertford. :) so know exactly where you mean!

I live in a small town in Essex now and have recently had some awful / next to no help from my local GP. Bah, long story, it is Christmas !

Merry Christmas to you as well. I suggest drinking the stupid amounts of water that is always moaned about, won't do any harm :)

6. If you ever find yourself in or near Yorkshire mate, give us a shout!

My missus, is a trained sports masseuse and is training in Swedish massage, she has the massage bed and treatment chair the lot. So she can do some work on your neck, shoulders and head. :D

Plus you can try out my rig and see if it feels any different to your ears.

;)