Triple screens setup crash to desktop - HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by troffeo, Dec 20, 2013.

1. troffeo

troffeo Registered

Hi guys.

Just I try to setup 3X22'' monitors with new Gigabyte gtx 760 4gb OC (Santa comes early for me this year ;-)).
    I had a very easy nvidia surround installation, I change only the resolution in game settings to 5760X1280 (all others keeps the same settings as I had with single 22'' monitor).
    When I start the game (single mode) everything looks to work perfect but few corners later the game crash to desktop every time again and again...

Can anyone to help me???

Many thanks in advance.

PS.
    PC specs:
    Mainboard:Gigabyte GA - Z77M
    CPU:Intel i5 3570k @ 3.5GHz
    GPU:Gigabyte GTX 760 4gb OC
    RAM:G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    PSU:CoolerMaster 850W (+80)modular

2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Why don't you use Precision X and monitor what is happening with your card during those few corners. Are you overclocking? If so maybe it's too much for this game and your card to handle. In any case open Precision X, go to the settings and make sure you have the OSD (on screen display) setup and you select temperature of your GPU as one of the key things to monitor. Leave Precision open and launch rF2 and race about a bit while keeping an eye on the OSD and see what happens. Your setup is similar to mine in many ways.

3. troffeo

troffeo Registered

Thanks for your replay.
    No I didn't any overclock to my GPU. The gtx 760 are brand new so it works in stock mode.
    Also the PRECISION X is for all GPU brands or only for EVGA?
    Can you send me yours settings to saw if I had some wrong with this?

Many thanks.

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Hmmmm, you might have a point there. I'm new to NVIDIA so I was assuming it was for all but Precision might just be a EVGA thing. Don't know for sure. But you should be able to use Afterburner to do the same thing. Well , right now , I just have everything set to max in the game. Other settings I'm all over the place experimenting so I'm probably not a good example to use.

5. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

my gtx770 doesn't crash on 3 screens, no matter what settings I use, I would suggest making sure you have removed all previous gfx drivers and reinstall the latest nvidia driver, if it still happens reinstall rf2.

6. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

PrecisionX works with non-EVGA cards just fine.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What was your old gfx card(s)? Did you do a deep clean of their drivers?

8. coops

coops Banned

try restoring your global and programme settings.

9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I think he has to make a profile for rf2 on nvidia control settings because default settings and game Configure Sim button could conflict i think.

10. troffeo

troffeo Registered

Thank you all for your valuable advice.
    Unfortunately I'm newbie computer literacy

The only thing who I have do, is the uninstall of AMD catalyst manager so I begin a deep uninstalling the drivers of my old card (HD 6870) and then I make a fresh install on rf2

I hope after all that I can enjoy my rig!

11. troffeo

troffeo Registered

Hi all,

Finally the problem solved when I do uninstall all (both GPU drivers and rf2) and reinstalling with clean installation.
    The sensation is unique and amazing and at the very first lap (for testing) I made my personal best!!!!!
    I need some time adapt to the new situation, but I am sure is very difficult to come back in a single monitor again.