Trouble Running the Demo

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by goretron, Dec 20, 2013.

1. goretron

goretron Registered

Maybe it's because I've been up too long and really need sleep, but I can't seem to figure out how to launch the Demo. I downloaded and installed rFactor2_DemoBuild_382.exe. Everything was installed to the default directories. When I run rFactor 2, the Launcher 1.100 opens. I login with my email address and password. The login window then changes to Account Status and is empty with a close button. The bottom panel of the launcher displays Welcome and my name with Enjoy rFactor 2. When I click the profile tab it displays my info. When I click the Purchase tab it asks me to pay for the full game. I clicked through everything but didn't see anything about playing the demo. Am I missing something or just in the wrong place? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim

2. Magnussen

Magnussen Registered

do you have to register to use the demo? I also can't start the demo. What kind of game is this?

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I saw on VirtualR somebody also having problems with the Demo - apparently its all greyed out. How embarressing to release a demo that ppl cannot run...

4. Matthias46

Matthias46 Registered

Me too...all greyed out :|

5. Uff

Uff Registered

Same here.

6. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I believe they'll probably release fixed version pretty soon.

7. Bart S

Bart S Member

Its the type of game that isn't finished and these are the things you can expect as the game develops further. It is a daft mistake to make but these things happen and its almost impossible to test everything with such a small team. It may feel like the end of the world to some people but it really isn't, its a game made for fun for us all to enjoy when it works. As KeiKei says they will fix it soon its a greater lost to ISI than us, it affects there sales and customer confidence at the end of the day.
    For demo players its time to go back to playing with your marbles.

8. the_last_name_left

the_last_name_left Registered

same - all greyed out. running rf.exe directly doesn't work either "rf must be run from the launcher".

No way to register without buying, no way to play.........shame. ;)

Using the log-in for here doesn't work either.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What username and password?

Launching the demo consists of installing, running the launcher, clicking launch demo. No login, no difficulty at all.

The only way you might not see launch demo, or even have a login, is if you previously purchased, tried to purchase, and were refunded. So this means you want to now try the demo after having run it before...

Try resetting the demo by deleting .rFactor from appdata roaming.

10. 88mphTim

No registration is required to try the demo. But it will remember if you previously purchased and made a login, and try to make you use it. See my advice above if you wish to reset.

11. 88mphTim

Thanks. Confirmed demo problem. Very sorry, I confused my builds when testing it. I let them know... Stand by!

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

12. goretron

goretron Registered

I went through the purchase process which consisted or registering an account, but I didn't complete the final payment process. I did so because on the purchase tab there was a grayed out section which said Continue as Guest or something like that. So I thought maybe I had to register first to play the demo.

13. 88mphTim

There's an updated demo executable available for download now.