Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Exactly this the user shouldn't need to do after already the need of studying install/activation process. The launcher should offer the official content as a installation choice and install by one klick. This should help to get some more driver more easly on track without the forum being floated by standard questions and lots of frustrated new comer imho. I think this could be really usefull for some.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
  2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I know right :)

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Seriously.....

4. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Draw Distance changed? for example the bleachers in silverstone Brookland .

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

In addition, check the newer batch of pictures of the Civic. Next to the formerly existing normal shadow, there's also a squarisch static shadow visible. I think the pics must be taken with a newer build and the undercar shadow will be there shortly.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

from the FB page:

Unfortunately we won't be able to get the Honda Civic to you today, but we're really close (darn Holidays)! Here are some screenshots, which is the best we can do for today. (Note: Taken with B342).

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The Civic pics were shot with 342. If you set shadows to Max you will have under car shadows most of the time.

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

thanks for correcting me there! Never paid much much attention to those shadows and hence thought I saw something new:)

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Did some testing but wasn't able to reproduce the second (static) shadow, even when i watch the replay of the relevant race. Maybe i got confused by the small darker area under the car, which can be seen on the picture. :confused:

Shadow exp.JPG
    Picture was taken with max detail, no HDR at around 3:10pm. Track was Putnam Park.

BTW: No problems with disappearing shadows at this track, because feels3 didn't use high zoom rates for trackside cameras.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
  10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

[​IMG]

11. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Made auto-update to ver. 382, installed the new track Loch Drummond. Here I go for a test.
    Practice solo, got around 38 FPS with my current setting. Then race with 19 AI opponents (8 visible car in setting, all ISI cars), was getting 4-7 FPS at racestart. What is going on? Any advice?

12. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi Plebre, if you add your system specs someone may be able to offer some advice.

13. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Well, I've edit my signature, but can't see it.
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6
    Quad CPU Q6600 2.4 GHz
    ASUS EAH5750 Formula 1GB
    4GB CORSAIR RAM

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your system is going to struggle with those specs. AI will definitely make it struggle because your CPU is barely able to run the game at all.

And you can add your system specs to your profile, then they'll show up under your avatar. No need for messy signatures.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Change your GFX card. Radeons don't go well with rF2. Buy a nvidia card if you can of course, becasue it can be expensive but it could change your experience entirely. :)

However if you can't do that just yet try lowering your settings to the point you gonna get decent fps.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Are you running the latest version of the track (1.1)? It brings quite a bit more FPS to me. With that graphics card it would make sense to turn environment & road reflections off (no big difference in visual quality) and shadows to medium or high at most. No shadow smoothing and a low level of AA. The remaining settings can be at max. This should bring some FPS improvement.

18. Plebre

Plebre Registered

He he, sorry guys. I've been testing rF2 since the first public build. Is this supose to be release state? Was cautch by suprise when I see this results after update to the last build. I know what my system is capable to do, it's getting old but it can hold any actual Sim, with graphics set to medium/high (in a scale from low to ultra). So, be shure, the problem is not my system.
    What to do? Reinstall a clean version again? Delete the shader folder?
    This is been kind of dificult because I am a big fan of ISI.

Thanks for your help

P.s. Was using the same graphical setting that before give me at least 25 FPS (out of that mark stays ISI tracks) with 19 AI before 382.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  19. coops

coops Banned

cbash I wud delete as well. and reset graphic settings. might help

20. Tony

Tony Registered

Delete the Shaders & CBash folders will help a lot, but it will always works best with a fresh install

With tracks like Silverstone you will struggle with a gpu with 1gb memory I'm afraid

You'll prob know all this stuff ..but:

Back up your My Docs\rFactor2\Packages folder ..then uninstall both bits of your rF2 install: (C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 ..& My Documents\rFactor2

Re-install rFactor LITE & only put back in your new Packages folder current builds of ISI stuff..

Also copy over any User Data\Controller\..own Wheel settings you might want

Start from there with your RFactor2 Launcer: "Configure Sim" & "Manage Mods" to install your Packages content by right-clicking ...you know it already yea? :)

Later adding all your non-ISI tracks\cars\skins..