Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm not keen on fantasy tracks but I tried lock Drummond a couple of days ago aline,
    Fps is fine but it seemed very grippy (couldn't visually see it had been rubbered in that much) &
    I'm not use to the spark f3's so maybe they are grippy? (Or could be my new rf2 - grip paranoid phase )

Anyhow looking forward to a possible track change for this week if possible

Otta - x3 titans lol you are keen, how's performance compare with just one Titan????
    Can you give it a try?

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Strange things happening here with me and my ffb since the new build. The ffb changes magically and randomly but i don't know what cause this. Partly when i restart a race or drive out of the box the ffb feels stronger than before, therefore different at all. :confused:

edit: partly win7 sets the steering wheel off as well, altough i have changed the energy settings already and I also have tested a different port but it still happens from time to time. This is since the fresh installation of win7 but the changing ffb is something new with the current build and T500RS for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

Speed, I had a problem that maybe similar to yours, and it's probably related to USB port, check if there is some missing driver related to some USB equipment you have, and / or try different ports. I had this for more than 1 years and never realized it until I tried changing port. My(simulated) life changed that very moment. ;)

4. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Heya guys... anyone notice that on the EVE-F1Bs that both the front "planes" and "wings" show on the "spinner". Haven't checked to see if you can see both when on the track.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

And for me it is the very first time I experience something like this, but ok lets see if i get it solved anyway. Thx ;)

6. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Thank you very much for the advise. I will give it a try. It seems from other posts that others are having this issue, so hopefully this will help for all.

Thanks again.

7. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Ok that did the trick. I now have to start loading content, but at least the game is loading now without the runtime error. Thanks

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

when this happen, try to disconnect the complete wheel/pedals (all the wires) and then reconnect everything (it is a thrusmaster trick) : I have experienced that (ffb too strong).
    Another thing : just after connecting the wheel with usb , I go in the thrustmaster racing config folder and I move the parameters so that the parameters are updated by the software...it is a little confused, sorry, but my English is poor:)!!

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

No problem thx i understand, my english is even not better :p I'll check that, it can't something very special because i never had such a phenomenon but with the new install some thing's changed about the energy management on win7. It would be sad I don't get rid of, because it was the greatest but i'm not sure if this has to do with the changing ffb in game. I'll see.

10. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

It's perfectly clear, don't worry:) Unfortunately, Thrustmaster equipment sometimes seems to need some more fumbling then necessary imo. Read some comments on the new 458 TX yesterday and already some major issues are up, pertaining to the configuration and reliability..

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure if that happened realtime or not, but I've just had to increase a ring damper rate in a TGM to avoid a massive tyre failure due to oscillation. The exact same tyre worked fine in build 342. So there's a slight possibility the tyre developed an oscillation in that vid that it wouldn't have in 342. Or maybe it was lag, replay bug, graphics bug, or something else ;)

12. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

A question for Tim, or anyone else that has experienced this problem since the latest build release.

[​IMG]

13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I was in that race.
    I see this too when viewing other peoples cars in replay. Cars that are near my car are all fine, but cars that are not near my car show as in Hedlunds video. It's worse viewing from cockpit view, the sound keeps cutting out, it sounds like blub blub blub :D, and the rev counter the needles are all over the place. It's like there is a big circumference round my car, cars outside this circle are not recorded with the same detail compared to cars near my car. Can you confirm that is what you see too Hedlund90?

Is there a server setting that can help improve this I wonder?

14. Caterham_Super_7

Caterham_Super_7 Registered

I'm presently running two rigs. One is fairly high spec with i5 and GTX 780. The other is a three year old i5 with GTX580.

Since updating the older rig is crashing to black screen and a heavy buzzing sound. Only solution is to switch off and restart. Turning down Texture Detail and Circuit Detail to "High" seems to alleviate the problem. New rig handles the sim perfectly.

I have also noticed when using the Eve F1 that when there is a pile-up in front, the smoke seems to be "See through" - through the screen which is a little odd.

15. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

We did, with some older mods (not ISI ones)

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

That's definitely the case, djc. The cars on the other side of the track, far away from my car, are behaving like this. The cars closer too me are not affected.

I'm already using maximum replay fidelity. I wonder if this happens at other tracks too?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's normal for more distant cars to have lower fidelity in replays, especially if the server is nearing its bandwidth limits. This is something rFactor has always done in order to reduce overall bandwidth use (so when it starts to use more of its available bandwidth, it starts sending each player fewer updates for more distant cars, but keeps sending at the normal frequency for nearby cars).

The behaviour above definitely seems a bit strange though, whether it's related to the new prediction algorithms or some other change who knows. Ultimately it shouldn't affect actual racing, and if you're making a video from a replay it's usually best to get the server replay anyway.

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Sounds like the steering wheel range(Hardware) is not synchronized with the ingame steering range. If this happen again check this two values (inside the same rF2 session) if they are equal.
    If ingame setting is for example 540° and your wheel is why ever on 900° then things like this can happen.

Another approach could be to disable all plugins (if you have some :p ) and see if it works better. In the past I had made a similar experience with fanaled.

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

News Flash:

After working on the flexible chassis for some time, ISI decided to take a look in the future, and started working on the Invisible Chassis. Invisible chassis can't be seen of course, thus saving weight by not having to put paint on the cars. It also helps the drivers to see around them in ways never even imagined before. And of course the F1 teams won't mind that their rivals can't see how their aerodynamic parts are shaped.

ISI is working hard, and all is going well for now. Release is planned..... SOON :p

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Cars that are far away don't receive as much data. This is by design. There isn't enough bandwidth to be able to prioritize all the cars including the ones you can't even see while racing. If you want a replay with full fidelity you will have to ask the server admin for a copy.