Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks for the multiplayer updates!! I've noticed a difference with the FISI already being able to run closer. Good job ISI!! Very important for us online players. :cool:

2. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

Yeah I was (intentionally) banging fenders in the Corvette with smithaz last night and the collisions definitely seem more solid. This has been one of the long-running complaints from the online league community so there should at least be some acknowledgment of progress there.

I may be wrong but it seemed like it had the slightly undesirable side effect of making the opponent cars look a bit more goofy when just getting out of shape or sliding, but that's probably preferable to the springy collisions.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Isi still does not understand that shadows should behave differently for objects that for cars. You can forgive a tree without a shadow, but the shadow of a car is a MUST. It kills any replay since cars float. However if you put shadows to Max it kills fps :(. Isn't it possible to define independent settings for general shadows and cars? Do car shadows represent a heavy load for the PC? If so couldn't it be possible to have a simpler object for distant shadows of the car similar to collision object?

enviado mediante tapatalk

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Auto update is disabled for a few mins while Jeremy rebuilds for the new demo.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For sure we want things fixed. However after noticing so many "fixeds" in the release notes I expected some of the major ones to be fixed. However, most of them were unfamiliar to me and I bet it would be hard to find many complaints about most of the solved bugs. However, shadows, smoke, realroad evolution, random weather... remain the same. I will check collisions since I havent yet.

Those are the problems that are spoiling todays rf2 experience.

enviado mediante tapatalk

6. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

We shouldnt even be talking about shadows 2 years past.

7. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hi, The game crashes for no apparent reason and without noise , suddenly the screen turns black , I have always done in multiplayer, not much in singel player game , the screen goes black with only HUD visible and game does not respond and I have to close the game with task manager windows .
    In the task manager the game is listed as active and clicking on End Task I get a warning that the game does not respond .
    All other programs work correctly .
    Previous rFactor2 B342 Installation
    W7 64bit OS
    Processor i5 760@2.80GHz 2.80GHz
    8G memory installed
    Blast nvidea GTX 660 Ti graphics memory 2G
    I run rFactor 2 with the following graphic options :
    Player - circuit and full details
    Detail -Alto opnente
    Full- detail texture
    Anisotropic Texture Filtering x16
    Special - Effects Avg
    Shadows average
    Softening shadows - fast
    Videos- nothing
    soft particles -low
    track reflexes and reflections - enabled environment
    Animation and wind- off
    10 vehicles visible
    All tracks have 60 FPS with a decrease in finish area of 5 FPS
    Idk if I let any information that is important .
    Tim Thanks for your attention

Traslate by google

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
  8. 88mphTim

If our initial development philosophy hadn't been to work on physics, you wouldn't be. Different studios and titles have different priorities. And with an open development where you get yourself involved, you're going to see something '2 years in' that you didn't want to.

9. 88mphTim

Do you monitor your temperatures?

Also, are you using any plugins? I've had this before where it was a plugin causing the system bus to crash and look like that through the method of data sending.

10. 88mphTim

Auto update is back working and tested.

11. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Tim

I get some pretty interesting virus scanner and bitly warnings from this link to the latest demo? It also points to a demo build 342 not 382?

"...Obviously, as always, this update includes a new demo. That demo includes the newly updated C6.R. If you have friends who you think should try the demo with the new C6.R, feel free to share the link to it http://bit.ly/1cDs53k with them..."

But now 10 minutes later it seems to give version 382! But still the Vscan warnings.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
  12. 88mphTim

It's literally just gone back to 382, which is bugfixed. What are the virus scanner warnings?

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@Tim... can you explain why the battery hud code was added without it physically working please...just so I can explain it to league members as ive got no answers

cheers

Edit: I am also currently in the middle of preparing next seasons cars for our league shall I prepare for kers to be part of this?...season starts late Jan/early Feb

14. aldrew

aldrew Registered

ISI team. I tried to do the auto update and a few seconds into the process I got the blue screen of death. After my system rebooted and I tried to open rFactor 2, the following Runtime Error popped up - "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I rebooted again and got the same error. I think downloaded the full installer and a few seconds into the installation again I got the blue screen of death.

Not sure what to do.

15. 88mphTim

Changes are sometimes needed to facilitate things. You can't display info in a HUD without the HUD support it. And if you're going to perhaps change the HUD, you might want to implement something you'll need soon, now. I don't know which, but those are the most likely (I haven't asked).

16. 88mphTim

Windows and the runtimes don't seem to be getting along. You can try reinstalling them, but with a BSOD you need to know what the error is. It could be anything from a bad RAM stick to a corrupted file. Either way, these kind of errors are pretty common, and I assume you're using XP and have googled this? Microsoft do have a fix deployed.

17. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

rF2 does have projected static shadows.

The problem is they only show up once the car is fairly close to a replay camera.

Haven't tried tweaking the ambient shadow LOD values for a car with this build, but it didn't do anything in 342.

18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

+1

Not enough progress between builds, but hey, that's just my view. Thank heavens for Assetto Corsa.

19. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Here is the warning that still pops up:

Whoa!
    Are you sure you want to go there?

http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/demo-installer/ may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

20. 88mphTim

Ah, that's a standard "we're going to protect you from yourself" warning because the link directs you to the actual physical download location. It's not a virus warning, it's more related to phishing (usage of fake links to take you somewhere other than what you believe). This, in the opinion of the intelligent folks who made that software you're using, is "risky behavior" :)

Millions of Web sites do this, because it's what they need to do to serve the files how they want to serve them.