Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

For me activate (to highest setting) has the effect of less FPS.
    For example FISI@Portugal on the start/finish line during race:
    OFF: 105 fps
    High: 98 fps

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sun Occlusion is when the sun goes behind the clouds and you get shadows on the track in places, and the visual effect of the shadows moving over the track.
    I can only presume the renaming is simply because there are other effects added so better to rename it to a general feature.
    Of course it will shave off FPS, try it and see!

3. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Auto update went without a hitch , game seems smoother overall kinda more polished , apart from the particles looking more realistic I cant notice anything major just a feeling of everything being a bit slicker , in the F2 car feels like a little more grip which Im probably imagining , nice build by the look of it , thank you ISI .

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

It appears in the next screen. Click "Purchase" and you will see the renewal option.

5. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

Auto Update worked perfectly here also ... thanks ISI :)

6. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

I have my gears on the paddles , downshift wont go below 1 (N R ) , if I assign a button to reverse and then when the paddle is stuck on 1st , if I hit the button for R the paddle will then go into N and R .

7. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Pull both paddles at the same time to get neutral then pull to downshift and you're in reverse.

8. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

update is ok for me

Merci ISI

9. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

I've notice a performance + with new build.
    My problem track was Sebring (12h) and the last corner. With the old build in the last corner the fps goes down to 42. With the new build the fps goes down to 54 (vsync is on)

Thank you for this.

10. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Not working like that for me , downshift wont go below 1 until I hit the button for R , then the paddle downshifts to N R . weird .

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

If you have "neutral" mapped to a button, you aren't able to go from 1 to N and then R. If you get rid of the button assignment for neutral, you should be able to no problem.

Makes sense if you always map a button for N and always use it, that way you can't accidentally drop into N or even worse, R in the middle of racing.

12. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

It wouldnt go into reverse until I mapped a button for it , the paddle would just downshift to 1 and go no lower , was fine previous build , its strange that when the paddle is as far down as it will go which is 1st , then press the button and then the paddle will then go N R .

Just looked and N was mapped to N , when I cleared that to EMPTY its all working again with the paddle going all the way to R .

Cheers

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Double check your neutral mapping though. It just caught me out now in the F1 cars. Seems it default maps the key 'N' for neutral. While it was mapped, I was locked into the forward gears until I press the mapped N or R keys.
    Got rid of the neutral mapping, then the padddles worked through all the forward and reverse gears, plus neutral without having to press other buttons.

14. philman

philman Registered

Thanks. It cost 9.99€ that's right?

15. jfr

jfr Registered

Hello,

Sync dont work for multiple servers in the same box. It only work whith the original (first) server install; ie "server1" , but whith server2, server3, server4 installations dont work.

Sync did not complete. Source directory, core directory or data directory may not exist
    Command line:
    C:\Server3\Updates\SyncManager.exe update core_path=C:/Server3 data_path=C:\Server3" origin_build=342 destination_build=382

The first server install "server1" which its updated without problems, was a fresh install of the last build because always we have the same issue to auto-update all the servers. So whith the last build we made a fresh install to use the auto-installer in the future.
    The other servers, server2, server3, server4, are a copy of the first server fresh install in their respective folders.
    All the servers are working online. Everyone whith its own and different installation.

Of course, we have loged in all the servers to try the installation.

What we can do to make the auto-update ?

Thanks !

16. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Added cockpit and TV overlay gauge for battery level (“BatteryLevelRange”, “BatteryLevelCenter”, etc.). Actual modeling of battery dynamics remains unimplemented.

Will KERS? )

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk HD

17. RJames

RJames Registered

I think the problem you have is that you have copied the server 1 folder to folder 2,3,4 etc. I run multiple servers on a single box but simply installed them to different folders e.g Desktop/rf2/Server1, Desktop/rf2/Server2 etc. Actually using the installer, and they all updated fine. The issue i think your having is the fact you have only "installed" the game once on the machine means you only have 1 registry entry for the first server.

18. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

some observations on shadows "fixed in replays"

this grab shows the shadow receding from the car at fairly short range. ISI silverstone and URD corvette. shadows set to high

[​IMG]

bit further away:

[​IMG]

tried all isi combo, at Brianza. same thing

[​IMG]

what does "fixed' actually mean? i assumed it would mean the draw distance but clearly its something else

thanks

19. Armando

Armando Registered

That's correct.

20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Would like to hear the answer to this as well...