extra tracks AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realkman666, Dec 17, 2013.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Those who think the AI in rFactor 2 is bad are probably used to playing multiplayer, because there are few games that have better race AI than rF2. That may be true for ISI tracks, but several of the extra tracks are just bad in that respect.

It's great that people are being praised for their work, but taking months to build a track for it to finally not be raceable because of the bad AI is just sad.
    Moreover, I don't understand why someone who's proud of his work wouldn't want every aspect to be great. It would be great if settings could be left alone for all tracks, and right now some tracks are just too wild for that to be possible.

Fuji has been greatly improved, but the AI is still too slow in the long sweeper.
    AI is 5 seconds faster than it should be at Croft.
    Last turn at Putnam just wrecks the whole lap.
    I think Imola is way too fast.
    AI super slow at Topeka and Texas, two tracks I really like.
    etc.

Also...
    Generally, AI has a tendency to form a train rather than trying to pass and some "second lanes" are way too far from the preferred line, so their movements are just ridiculous sometimes. Maybe that's something worth thinking about. And is it just me or do the AI cars put the power down much easier than I can?

I read the pdf about making AIWs but I wouldn't even know what to load or to work with, so...

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

This is also how I feel, about replay track cameras... That is one thing hardly any modders put effort into and it makes me sad :(

3. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yes! Some tracks have really bad angles that zoom on the ugly ass textures of the terrain, lol.

4. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Yes! Last night I decided to try a 20 car race at mid ohio.... the train was crazy and I also noticed that every time I leave a corner chasing an AI they always seem to accelerate way faster than me no matter what strength I set them to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You don't like multiclassing? :p

I remember finding a setting that made the cars spread out more, but not since I reinstalled. The search is on!

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There is a setting in plr. File which makes the AI spread out more. Default setting is to make close racing between AI which causes train effect. As far as I know, AI don't have same physics than human players so earlier acceleration is possible.

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

AI Limiter

I'll play with it, I remember getting some nice effects from this.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ISI are currently working on a better learning system for the AI, that should help the poor aiw tracks out somewhat. The initial showing of this was in the last build but it's a bit iffy, so hopefully the upcoming build will add extra weight to this feature.

9. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

Fingers for better AI learning are crossed.

10. Black75

Black75 Registered

guys, there's another "little" problem in rF2 AI (mmmm i have to say this is from rF1 also): or you accept to start from the bottom of the grid, 'cause AI makes qualy laps in "dishuman" (lol) way but then, in race became similar to you... or if you want to fight for the pole then you race alone after few laps.
    there should be a sort of break-even-point , or similar thing ^^'.
    imho... always imho... :)

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Ya. I wonder if Wonder Reiza will fix everything.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've found that stems from talent "Qualifying Speed", have that the same as "Speed" and the AI dont "wait around for you" so much.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Also having effectively just a few drivers doesn't help. I made an 18 car AI field for the BTCC Honda to reduce that issue.

14. datanode

datanode Registered

BTCC Honda :) I think I will need to do the same to ensure it is all working correctly

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've never noticed the train effect as I always run with a minimum 15 AI, usually 19-29 is my preferred amount, battles and spread out racing without any PLR changes.

16. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

A propos Qulifying... in rf1 the AI most of the time sets its best time in the first timed lap, after that they don't improve. Is it still like that in rf2?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No

18. Black75

Black75 Registered

woah, i'll try to do these changes in talents, maybe next race with both AI and friends will be more balanced! tnx! ;)

19. Black75

Black75 Registered

in rF2 is impossible this, because of the real-road ;) more realistic & more funny!

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Let 2014 bring proper AI to mods.