Sandown 2014 wip

Discussion in 'Locations' started by INTEL48, Dec 15, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well if that's the case the fixes are blatantly not finished, so yes you are missing something, try running the track yourself and taking a look.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What specific fixes did he say he was working on that you can say definitively are "not finished."

I see lots of track updates posted around here with minimal updates. That's part of the process. The person doing the hard work can decide to post a new version after every tiny edit or wait for months between postings. ?!?!?!?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

:rolleyes: look Marc he said "finished" with no changelog or any description of what was done just read the first page and you'll see for yourself.
    It's not hard to see that this track is NOT finished, that's all that matters REGARDLESS of whatever was fixed previously and I'm hoping it does get finished properly.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

just noticed the edit to the post, so it's back to Work In Progress and/or its a Rip!? can you ellaborate please as we dont all speak code!

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

He likely meant it as the W.I.P. is now dead, no longer will be worked on and made unavailable thus the RIP.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow. Did he just kill the track because of the contructive critisism..? Tough deal.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think that's the conclusion. At least he won't post it or discuss here. Not the first time this cycle has occurred.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Very bad form. What signal does give to users who have constructive feedback to give but don't dare anymore because they are afraid modders will pull mods from the forums?
    The bigger a project is the higher the possibility there is to overlook stuff, user feedback is very useful in these cases to note things modders have been accustomed to in seeing/overlooking
    and simply don't see anymore.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah well, you're right. This is very, very bad form indeed.
    But if constructive critisism isn't his thing, then this forum can't be either.

This isn't a good tendency, and I just say good riddance.
    Testers need to be allowed to speak up constructively without the fear of the track/car in question being killed off.

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

No surprise here.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think that one word "constructively" has to be respected, both ways.

12. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

I don't understand why people continue to support this guy.

Loads of people have offered to help him but he continues to put out crap track after crap track then get's insulting when you give any kind of negative feedback (the negative part being thoroughly deserved I might add).

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I agree that quick conversions and those not even done properly are a plague.

However, if someone wants to provide a track and takes too long or focuses on the "wrong" things to fix, or doesn't know what they're doing, etc., etc., the rest of us are not really in much of a position to complain. It's a free track. Some day it might be good. If it never gets good, instead of criticizing someone who potentially has neither the talent nor the time, we'll just have to buck-up and hope someone else tackles it. I don't think anyone here, including INTEL48, is purposefully trying to share sub-standard quality tracks with us. If his work isn't up to someone's standard, just ignore and/or don't download and/or don't bother replying or commenting in here...unless it's respectful.

Let's recall the flaming pleclair got from many people initially when he started Nords. Sure it was crap at the beginning but he learned enough over the many months of long hours to produce something that lots of people enjoy. Of course I would rather have a scratch built Nords of ISI Silverstone quality...when it comes out I'll use it. In the meantime, the unfinished pleclair Nords is the best we have. For someone, this version of Sandown may be enough to make them happier than not having one at all.

Constructive criticism instead of complaints will go a long way to keeping everyone happy, maximizing learning and ultimately producing the highest number of good quality tracks.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is the very core of the problem. The problem isn't the tracks themselves imo, but the way he reacts to constructive critisism. I'm sure some of these tracks could become awesome eventually if, and only if, he could let go of his pride and just allow himself to learn a trick or two.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It seems INTEL48 has removed his conversions from other sites too, around the same time he removed the link here.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I said I would never post in here again, oh well..........

Wow I was very first one back in early piece questioning tracks credentials ( DTM and others too ) and offered what I thought was helpful advice.

Even when I suggested the all track torrent should not have rips I got pillared lol what then later they change it anyways.

Hey ! ON "HERE" mind you ................I don't care what they do a other sites, not my concern or business but turning official site into a free for all should be all our concern. .....is this really how you want to show AC and pCARS up .........

AC has already put it's foot down about any conversions period let alone no permission.
    AC and rF2 people have 1000 sites to put them up, do it that way :)

@Marc, all you talk about is quality ...........it is nothing to do with quality ;)

17. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

Sorry , its been a while, Have gone back to the drwing board and , redo ing track, taking my time using Max

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Thanks INTEL!

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Good news thx Intel48