Why are there so few drivers on rFactor2 servers?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by HuntTheShunt, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Dont quite understand this sentence. What sims you refer? Both similar present sims dont have multiplayer....AC and PCars. Or you´re comparing RF2 with GTL, NetKarPro or Simbin´s titles, all with some years on their back?

RF2 is not a click and play sim. People who want to have own leagues need to understand the software. But after you manage it, it gets easy.

But i must agree also that in present days things should and need to be a little easier. Not everybody has the time or patience to read 29424 threads to create a second server neither have to read 294249248925 threads to simply install a track or car.
    It depends what is ISI main goal. If the objective is reaching only RF1 users then things are ok. If for other hand they want to get more mainstream then this system is all wrong.

For me its ok like this, for my neighbour it could be a freaking nightmare.

Rfactor 2 at present time can deliver good leagues. We´ve made some and they were fine. Obvious in RF1 we have hundreds of mods and thousands of tracks wich we can choose from. Also the number of people using rf1 is much bigger, in part cause it was severely cracked. Its happening now with Asseto, a large percentage of people running it are using the cracked version. The fuzz about it just happen cause of that, more people, more advertizing, more everything....good or bad.

My personal opinion is that RF2 is here to stay, it needs some bug fixing, some new face (this 2006 UI doesnt make sense) and some more community content (not this quick conversions we see). I guess some of the critics to RF2 just happen cause of the system and its complexity. Even if you install a single car you need to create the rfmod or use all tracks and cars....this type of things we all are familiar to just gets annoying to newcomers.

NEWCOMER: Oh well, i want to buy this. Well....where should i go. Ok, download this, then what? Well, click purchase, ok i bought it. Let me try that beautifull megane....hummm where it is? Humm, download section where it is....its here.....ok download and now what? Where i put it?.....let me read a little bit on how to install things.....

Not everybody has the patience to this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
  2. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

Valter Cardoso,
    Very informative contribution and unfortunately true :(

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

The launcher should be expand some, showing available content and installing by choice directly out of the launcher without the need of extra download and researching anything. The software rf2 is just for poweruser being familiar with messing around imho. Could be well leave the impression of kinda chaos and not well organized or thinked.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013