new User, VERY FRUSTRATED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apex2Apex, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Black75

Black75 Registered

i don't understand 2 things:

- 1) ....a sim purchased only for a single mod (not availaible for that sim)
    - 2) refund 'cause there's not at the moment the preferred mod available?

how many mods are now availables for rF1? billions! ...but in 2007 i don't remember, maybe 0.
    rF2 is as a newborn, who can say now how many Flat6 there will be in the future?

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, Apex2Apex, here's how you install just one mod at one track. The official ISI Corvette at Heartland Park Topeka

-Download the ISI Corvette and place it in your ..../rFactor 2/Packages folder http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/chevrolet-corvette-c6-r/

-Download the track Heartland Park topeka by Ethone (it's right here at the ISI site) and place it in the same folder as you put the Vette in http://isiforums.net/f/downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=32

-Launch rFactor 2

-Click on the right where it says Manage Mods

-in the Mod Manager click on the Mlt tab (that stands for Multi CMP) and find the Corvette and install it

-in the Mod Manager click on Loc (that stands for Locations) and find Heartland Park and install it

-close out the Mod Manager, click on Single Player

-In the Series section choose All Tracks and Vehicles

-In the Vehicles Section choose the Vette

-In the Tracks section choose Heartland Park and the layout you like- my favorite is Intermediate

-In the settings section set up the race how you like

There you go, you're racing in about 5 minutes! That's a pretty good combo too (I love that track). There are also a lot of other forums and sites to help you get started (see my sig) and to race at. Remember that you will ve starting with a Green realroad so you will have little grip. Give the AI about 5 minutes and they will have a nice base of rubber down though and it'll be fine. Realroad makes a HUGE difference- it is literally a game changer and separates rF2 from other sims so give the AI a chance to lay down a little rubber before you rage quit and make [yet another] "rF2 has no grip OMG!!111" post :D

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

There were plenty of great mods in 07 for rF1... And a lot of tracks too...

To name a 'few':
    CTDP 05, FSone 06, SCC-ALMS, PCC05, PCC07, DTM, ETCC, Clio, Megane, Trucks if you're mad, Formula Nippon 06, Toyota Atlantics 05, GP 1979, Mercedes W196 - 1955 F1, V8Factor 06

The amount of tracks were even more impressive...

4. Black75

Black75 Registered

the sense of my words would be different.... :) i would mean at his lounch.

5. RustyM

RustyM Registered

Read this

The KEY: it is very important to READ quite a bit before you'll get what you want out of this mighty SIM.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well the amount of time rF2 has been available is 2 years... In 2007 september, rF1 had been available for 2 years :) rF1 has quite a lot more content I think in these two years...

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

rf2 is harder to mod for, there is much more ISI content at this point for rf2 than there was at the same time after rf1 was released.

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It was about mods though.
    More ISI content, probably as a result of 'harder' modding...

9. Black75

Black75 Registered

muhahah here was my big mistake, i should write 2005 :D

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yep, a lot of crap.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Haha, right :)

12. thuGG

thuGG Registered

CTDP, F1 79, V8, PCC, wasn't crap at all (especially CTDP, it was awesome mod).

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

What I mentioned was for sure the honourable mods amongst those released between 05 and 07... Even the trucks were good fun and made sense.

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Keep telling yourselves that the rF1 stuff was good quality. I'll stick to the limited quality stuff for rF2.

What was good was good, but there is a lot of crap, as evidenced by what made it into rF2 unfortunately.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Personally mods for rF1 didn't get good until RealFeel was released and HistorX, NAGT, AE86 and EndoRacers surfaced.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I loved lot's of pre-realfeel mods, tons.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

rF2 is a lot harder to mod for- it is a MUCH more complicated sim with LOTS more features. Of course thee are less mods at this stage. Modding teams now have to be bigger as it is very difficult for one person to do it all. Some groups have decided it is too hard and have moved on out of rF2 and until new teams take on the challenge, modding will be slow for rF2. ISI makes good mods but development speed is on a glacial scale and modding groups are sprucing up rF1 or other games' mods to assist in development.

People can look back on rF1 with rose colored glasses and say how wonderful it was, but IMHO it was crap. No realroad, no flatspotting, floating cars, NO RAIN, static environment and static cars etc. RealFeel did a lot to make rF1 palatable but it was not a real sim. Real racing is a changinfevolving thing as the race moves on and you cannot separate racing and weather (except NASCAR....) And what's funny is I read all the time from people how great rF1 was, but if they see a rF2 mod that looks rF1 quality but with the rF2 upgrades to the physics- they say it is the worst mod ever. :rolleyes:

So whining about rF2 and saying rF1 was great won't help rF2 dev at all. Enjoy what you got and accept the slow pace of dev. Good stuff will come but there will not be the same amazing scale of mods that rF1 had. There will be less, but much better. This is the same damn annoying thread and today is just another damn day. You want rf1? Go play it. You want pretty graphics and super-grippy physics? Go play AC/Codemasters/GRID whatever else. But stop polluting these forums with these threads. And stop hijacking other people's threads with this nostalgia crap.

OP- see my thread above and drive on. It's easy once you install the first couple mods.

One thing that's confusing- there's multicmp, rfcmp and rfmod files. It gets really confusing because multicmp and rfcmp both have the file extension of .rfcmp the only difference is that multicmp is a mod that is just one thing (either a car with no sound or a track alone or a sound file). But in the mod manager they will show up under different tabs according to what sort of file it is. An rfmod is what you need to get online and play. It specifies the cars and the tracks that are needed to play online on a specific server. MOST servers work so that if you have the right tracks and you have the right cars installed you can get the rfmod off the server automatically (normally they are a very small file).

If you get with a regular group/club/league and race with them, they will have direct links and help to get you exactly what you need to get online with them.

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Guybo the elitist :)

It's about the concept of time and how good stuff was in the past and holding a realistic view of technology and codes up alongside... GPL and F1C wasn't **** because it's not up to date today. Claiming that is preposterous. They were Pinnacles of their time, so is/was rF1. rF2 is not a pinnacle yet and is far from it 'IMHO'.

Fact is just that I had more fun with the 2-year matured rF1 than with the 2-year matured rF2. I'm not alone, but you'll just label unsatisfied people as ingrates as usual...

Stop nagging about people expressing their dissatisfaction... It is totally legit... Just as legit as your praising of it.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

inb4 rf2 sux because rf3 lol

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Ignore the trolling.