new User, VERY FRUSTRATED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apex2Apex, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Apex2Apex

Apex2Apex Registered

Ok guys... been running "another" sim with no problems.. have fun, know how to load cars and tracks. After seeing some online youtube videos, I wanted to try RFACTOR2. So I went all in; lifetime member.

So now, that I have it.. I'm having the HARDEST time installing any tracks or cars. It almost seems like you need a damn user manual to do this stuff!

I would love to get the FLAT 6 mod installed, but it doesn't say if it is for RFACTOR 1 or 2? I installed a bunch of cars that I downloaded... but when in single user mode, none of them are accessible.

The CONFIG MOD screen shows them as INSTALLED. So.... I'm really starting to feel like I got ripped off for $85. Please make me feel better about my purchase before I ask for a refund.

I really want this to RUN! It shouldn't be this difficult.

Thanks.
    Chris

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think the 'Flat 6' is an Rf1 mod, IIRC (from enduracers?)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Get a mod you are sure is for rf2... there are a few here. Try this one as it`s good and also free.

Place the files in the Packages folder and install. Go in sim, select the mod from the menu and go and drive.

:)

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Welcome to rf2

-no seriously, it's a pain but when you get use to it -it's not quite so bad & fairly easy,
    Just stick to official content for now to make it easy then put a mod track into your packages then use the mod manager to install it, then in-sim it should be there

Good luck

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Flat6 is rF1 only and EnduroRacers refuse to pick a platform going forward so who knows if we'll ever see their mods in rF again.

Apex, to answer your problem, in single player, click the "Series" button and then look at the top of your screen, you should see a check box that says "All Tracks & Cars". Click that and then go back to the main menu to select your car and track.

For the future, so you know, rfcmp files only include cars and tracks but not a "series". A "series" comes from *.rfmod files and I am guessing you haven't installed any rfmod files.

Also, welcome to rFactor! :)

6. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea - I'm thinking you're meaning the "Mod Manager" is showing them as installed as you've done the right-click & install thingy on them all..

Noel beat me to it in his middle para' :)

..as he said: click on All Tracks & Cars" & also click "Accept"

7. Miro

Miro Registered

This should really be the default setting when firing up rF2 for the first time IMO. I've seen like 100 posts about this already lol.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If it isn't in an rfcmp or rfmod, it isn't an rF2 mod. Lots of files, usually in a zip, are rF1 files.

Installing mods in rF2 is a case of getting the rfcmp or rfmod file, putting it into the packages folder (usually at Documents/rFactor2/packages), running the rF2 launcher, clicking manage mods, then navigating to the mod, selecting it, clicking install.

In rF1 you unpack the zip, drop all the files into the right places in the softwares various folders, being careful not to use two mods that conflict with each other in the same install. Though there's no way to tell until it happens really.

If that is the specific mod you want, that you purchased for, and it's an rF1 mod, feel free to refund if you're within your window and buy rF1 instead.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I was just about to edit my post to include, "click Accept" but you beat me to it. :p

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Welcome, Apex2Apex. :)

11. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

12. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Hi Chris,

When i first started with Rfactor 2 i couldn't get the mods to work so i had an angry rant on one of isi's video's on YT. My expectations where so high that i threw the toy's out the pram after 5 minutes of getting rf2. In the end It turned out that the package file was corrupted and there was nothing really wrong with rf2's mod install method, in fact over time i grew to like it. I almost asked for a refund too, but if i had i would have never discovered the great physics and forcefeedback this sim has. The best is yet to come with this sim, so stick around mate.

13. clevytr6

clevytr6 Registered

In game, make sure you're selecting" All cars and tracks "

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I THINK it sucks THAT you have PROBLEMS with NEW GAME you bought because I LIKE it VERY much and I HOPE you get to enjoy IT too. IN time, you will receive THE help YOU need to solve THIS, I HOPE!

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This thread is quite meaningful of how user unfriendly is rfactor (1 or 2 it does not really make much difference). However, when you get inside it, you are lost. Its incredible FFB and believable physics make it the best sim by far IMO. After that you get used to the UI, to edit PLR file, to rf2 crashes, to poor framerates at some tracks, ... but you still forgive it and stop whining about it, since it compensates and you know that ISI does not care really much about the first impression of their product because they know their target market does not really care once used to it.

enviado mediante tapatalk

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Was never a pain for me, I liked it better then all drag and drop sims.

But from day one people complained, making polls and petitions and unreasonable arguments.

Even suggesting to rebuild the whole thing. lmao rof

"This will kill modding in rF2...........yadda yadda " we had some real dandies.

So maybe its is more like ........ " not as bad as people made out and very easy " :rolleyes:

Personally I think its brilliant.

17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Rf2. Answers and proposals are already given here, so I'll just stick to ecouraging you to keep on playing Rf2, even if you might loath some aspects of it. That is because it's absolutely worth it imo. Like mentioned here before, the physics, ffb and overall immersion are so great that it'll probably make you turn a blind eye to its 'flaws'. Hope to see you around online some day:)

Greets,

Roland

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Apex, stay patient and learn on :)

19. Comante

Comante Registered

Apex, if you get frustrated for not being able to use the content that you just installed, you need to take a deep breath before hitting the road with your virtual car. RF2 IS frustrating, because it is HARD. But at the same time is so rewarding, because it's amazing and as soon as you grasp it, frustration turn in satisfaction. Keep calm, and enjoy your simulator, you won't regret it.

20. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

"RF2 IS frustrating, because it is HARD"

No RF2 is frustrating because the design of the interface and how the user interacts with the software is quite pore.

"but at the same time is so rewarding, because it's amazing and as soon as you grasp it, frustration turn in satisfaction."

RF2 happens to have some fun cars to drive and some good mod content + nice features and general aspects of simulation that are executed well. That's why its fun to use.

Not because its "hard" Its no more hard than any other driving game when trying to race.

No mater how much time you put into it Just about everything about how RF2 is packaged is not fun and is consistently annoying and only a modest improvement over RF1 and in some ways worse than RF1.

I have just been playing OMSI 2 recently and its exactly the same , in many regards far worse than RF2 its just packaged terribly. Some aspects of the core simulator are fantastic and offer a really nice experience but the overall user experience when interacting with the software makes you want cheese grate your face.

I don't think experienced sim-racers will have to much issues with RF2 they are probably used to sim BS especially people that played sims through 90s-2000s but I feel that people new to sim racing and maybe newer to gaming are going to have a harder time putting up with the crap as its so backwards to what they are used to.

ISI seem to be slowly moving in the right direction though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013