GMT + 10.......... servers empty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bwana, Dec 13, 2013.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

8.30pm here, prime race time ,RF2 and 1 server in use ,locked with 4 racers in. RF1 17 servers in use 8 public with as many as 7 in those ...What is it with RF2 ,everybody holding back hoping to get it for xmas ?

btw does it pay to increase the default number in concurrent servers in the plr file like rf1 or is it a case of just no body using RF2 yet

2. coops

coops Banned

a lot of leagues have not moved on to rf2. but there are ISI pick up servers.
    increase the no: ppl come more but go quick when no 1 in them

3. canastos

canastos Registered

You could try when it's saturday morning for you, then you will find us europeans racing hardly ;)

byyyyyyyyye

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

We are leugue racing tomorrow Night AEST 8:00pm

Probably every 2nd night we have 3-6 people on messing around on the racefactor servers.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

yep see a few here and there, lets hope numbers pick up sooner rather than later , our league is changing to RF2 in the new year ,Guess its a bit to do when Im able to race as well . mornings are out but have seen good numbers when Ive had a brecky spin.

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

bwana your in Oz right? have you tried xfactorracing.com we have moved over to RF2, drop in anytime. We have a few servers up but not all have public content tho atm, there will be more now our race season is just about finished. Our main race nite's are Monday & Wednesday.

SS

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yes I can recommend these guys. I have had 1 or 2 races in the morning with them ( I'm in Europe ) Good community. They are not my main sim community but I know they are more than accomodating when I fancy a quick blast around or race when its morning for me, and always some people in TS when the time suits you.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

After many single events dipping our toe's into the new sim, our League is also slowly moving into rf2
    (and our final rf1 season is about to finish, thank you rf1!!)
    Starting of with a 3 or 4 week mini series and then hopefully moving forward into full blown championships in rf2.

Its difficult though, I don't think our league is unique in struggling with the changeover, too many peeps are still undecided and/or frustrated about rf2, and not interested in rf1 or other sims anymore, it has a serious effect on the amount of active members.

But yeah, timing is key in finding peeps coming online. there's loads of servers in the list and I doubt people would pay for a dedicated server and not use it.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's starting to get to where it's just bad timing if you don't find a race now. The ISI servers are populated most of the day now, but they DO have their quiet times.
    http://rfactor.net/rf2mm.php

10. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

I'm at GMT -7. That means servers are almost always populated right in the middle of the day, when I'm at work during the week and have stuff to do during the weekends. By the time I can race later in the night for me, all the euros have been asleep for several hours and the few americans that populate are going to bed. C'est La Vie.

11. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I don't understand why the game requires you to download all the tracks that a server has in rotation, rather than just the one currently being run. It makes it unreasonably time-consuming and bandwidth-sucking to join anything but the ISI servers.

12. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

The game does not require it, its up to the people running the server.

13. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Then why would anyone turn it on unless it's for events o_O

It makes it so hard to pick up race on public servers.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

People will buy/give rF2 for presents.

At least over Christmas put easier cars to drive ( F3 - Clio ) with no damage.

Really old excuse :)

Fact is if you go to GTR GTL rF etc you are going to need most every track and mod to join "anything" as you say.

There is single car track mods and others only include ISI content you can use here.

You are going to download all content for ISI if you get it right ? its not even 5GB

My addons tracks is 6GB+ they are only tracks I need so far for the types of rooms I like , with mods 13GB all up.

People download dual layer and bigger stuff from Steam every minute every day and don't say boo, all they do is big head about their fast internet speeds ?

With fast internet or slower like mine you can get everything in a few torrents at worse a few 100 clicks :)

Either way it is a faster process then doing the same in any other sim, rF2 you just go click installed all done, no other sim is like that ?
    rFactor and others had more issues with files imho ..... if you think about it even the tired old "extract files to temps first "

That alone will save you time in the long run which can go towards downloading time anyhow. lol

Sounds bent but it is fact

15. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Whatever dude, it's weird to have to download a bunch of stuff you don't need to actually enter the server and play. I wish admins would set it so you only have to download the track currently running... kick me after the track rotates, I don't mind.

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

and here I thought Christmas came early

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I make anyone here a bet.

I could install a 10GB BTSync rF2 track folder into rF2 faster then anyone can even extract 10GB of individual tracks for anything......... let alone get them installed......properly.

lopl

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not a opinion.

Over time rF2 is easier to add and remove stuff then the other sims.

Simple as that.

If you going to debate that sorry then you being a dill then.

pCARS or AC users going now tell me I dont have to install anything DD you idiot ! . lmao

Well dur ................you can't install what you like how you like either !! idiot !!

lmao

19. liebestod

liebestod Registered

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Aaaanyhow....,

Its a common frustration Liebstod, you're not the only one and wont be the last one. This has been discussed a million times before and if we are lucky ISI will change the way that works. there was a vague hint in that direction a while ago so fingers crossed.