IDEAS for Servers please

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Very true. Same with weather changes, sunny to clouds, rain, time/light settings. There always seem to be people badly effected by dynamic changes. Currently in our league I am advocating stripping the whole thing down to its bare minimum, screw the fancy stuff, just rubber and race :)

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Like Spa today people with lower settings hit posts :)

Me and Tim got took out before T2.

Not best environment for new comers.

Just saying.

I am all in for helping to pay for a Permanent F3 LR server so lets get about it.

3. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

And whilst looking through the thread, can I ask does wet weather work on the servers at the moment? Would love the odd shower here and there.

4. RustyM

RustyM Registered

Hope you turn off the need for vehicle to be stopped to ESC.

5. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

+1000!

6. Geo_F1

Geo_F1 Registered

Hello all.

My first reply, sorry my english ( im french )
    Can we have "dynamic wheater" in Official PitStop Formula ISI, like sometimes ?

Very good Idea to put it in Estoril, pretty cool and bumpy track.

See you ;)

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

I'm back up & running about to have a good session to thoroughly try new build etc

Just a thing about the servers I know I may be alone in not liking/using fantasy tracks
    I'm hoping they'll be a change for bt20's (& maybe mixed class with one other) to a new track that actually exists for this coming week ( hope I don't sound rude )

Thanks

8. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Best avatar on entire forum. One of the biggest F1 legends.
    Lucky you.

9. Geo_F1

Geo_F1 Registered

I meet him two times this year on French Television. ( Canal+ )

He are open and great guys.
    A real legend. Great days for me.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  10. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Back in time i was used to hate Prost (because Senna´s rivalry), nowadays i can see how great Prost is on track. From what f1 i have seen (i think 85 is my early f1 memory with Senna and Piquet, i only have the notion that Fittipaldi´s name was linked to race in some form) i put Senna and Prost as best drivers i ever watched live.
    Prost and Senna f1 time i think was the last driver X driver (except Hamilton X Alonso 2007) races.
    Today is all about teams and records.
    They should put a ballast in Adrian Newey brain. lol

11. rer8

rer8 Registered

Now that is an idea I like... I also like the Skip Barber, FIA F2, and all of the Historic cars... All the "Old" tracks and most of the Modern tracks are suitable.
    Great idea DD.

12. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I think:

20min Prac
    10min Qual
    20min Race

would be better.

Take into account sessions not always being bang on the x minutes length because a driver may punch over the line with a second to go, so add another lap-time to that. Also the delay to the session start before the light goes red.
    Then there is the delay after the race before the server kicks over.

All in all, I think 10 minutes would adequately cover it all.

13. Geo_F1

Geo_F1 Registered

Absolutely True.

For me too, Alain Prost are one of the most constitency and the most intelligent F1 driver.

I spend lot of time to see old races, and statistics dns't lie.
    4 times world champion, 4 times 2th of the championship.
    All time vs Lauda or A.Senna...!! Two massive champion isn't !

( http://www.statsf1.com/en/alain-prost.aspx )

And in real, he is very cool, at the night of Canadian GP.
    He find time to talk 5 min whit me about the RB9 and the MP4/4....very simple guys and always very passionnate about motorsport so far.

Lot of respect for him so. :)

14. Geo_F1

Geo_F1 Registered

Absolutely True.

For me too, Alain Prost are one of the most constitency and most intelligent F1 driver.
    I spend lot of time to see old races, statistics dns't lie. ( http://www.statsf1.com/en/alain-prost.aspx )
    Four times world champion, Four times 2th of the championship.
    All times vs Lauda or A.Senna, whit Mansell, Piquet, Rosberg on main rivals...

And in real, he is very cool, in May, we talk 3/4 min together about the RB9 and the MP4/4, still a lot passionnate.
    Lot of respect for him. :)

15. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Same here.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think the room settings are totally unfair in Historics.

On one hand it is okay to lower settings to be able to run over posts with no effect, on the other someone with high settings you hit posts left on the road crashes and gets a bent front end. At least set no damage so I can continue.

Why pussy foot around with damage 100% or nothing, in a open room introducing newcomers any damage is ridiculous.

or at least make 1 rookies servers .....................and where are the F3's ? :(

......... and not some track has a huge advantage for one car ....like Loch please ! It makes no sense.

You put up Spa ( F3 are even ) Monaco ( Spark faster ) Monza ( Eve faster ) in rotation, perfect balance for 2 cars, for ratings too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Priorities change per server and even per person Durge. there's much to debate on either side.

For example having no damage might enable you to continue but on many servers this will also result in people taking way to much risk, cheating by ramming off people or in general having a lesser sense of urgency towards safety.

double edged sword tbh.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Really don't see what you describe on BB's or my server happening much at all, that is because when he help rookies and they crash we can wait 5 seconds and continue lapping and stay on timed laps for sectors etc.

Anyways I talked about a specific room for rookies only, like if there was one it would be only 20% of servers.

Or do 90% of us consider yourselves better then rookies.

In Leagues and hardcore open rooms have damage sure but not for newbies driving BT20 around Spa lol .....damage or not they are going to be a problem anyways with bales and what not.

I will wager 20 F3 rookies drivers at Monza with a good set have more enjoyment then 20 in BT20.

I have seen best racers take Pearce and Tim both taken out by back markers and pitted and left .......... would not it be more fun if they could get their cars pointed the right way again and chase down the pack ? No ? Okay.

Won't know till they try it for a week will we.

As for " Priorities change per server and even per person Durge "

I was one of first ones responded in thread ISI posted for room ideas, what we have one F3 Spark room on a non "Historic Track" and no F2 at all ( talk about keeping it real .....)

I know I asked 5 times and I get banned and I make so many people angry, well they must just write off to Tim complaining because I think rF2 whiners are short sighted nitwits.

But don't take that out on all F3 Eve and Sparky lovers.

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

maybe we should have a rookie version of rF2

20. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Already exist. Is called Asseto Corsa.