[REL] Lola t280

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by pixsim, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thank you very much pixsim. I've done a couple of laps at Silverstone and it's great fun to drive. It feels very natural to me. I can tell the difference but it's still similar to previous version. It's still the same car. The slides are easy to catch.

If you allow me to give some feedback... Only visuals

1. Drivers head. I know you guys have said that it's proper size. And I know the car is very small... but still, I think it's slightly oversized to be honest. Compare these pics:
    http://abload.de/img/rfactor22013-12-0119-buqyp.jpg
    http://www.laurentnivalle.fr/images/series/LMC/IMG_3648.jpg
    http://www.oldracingcars.com/Images/ferret/LolaT280-Brands-3-closeup-1000x.jpg

In the screenshot by Dislav, the driver's eyes are as big as, or bigger, than the mirrors ;)

It also appears to me that the driver's head is sticking up too much from the cockpit.

2. Reflections in cockpit. The area above the steering wheel is very reflective. And it could be used as a 3rd mirror. I have no idea how to solve it, if not allow the driver or rear of the car to be reflected instead, somehow...

[​IMG]

I love the mirrors :) The dirt and the small distortion because of uneven glass surface... ISI should do the same to their historic cars.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

@ SpeedRacer
    @ Guy Moulton

Make the the package with just the Vehicle, you don't need to add the sound & talent, werks fer me.

@pixsim awesome update thank you, however I've only tried one track sofar (Brianza) and it appears that the virtual mirrors are distorted, as in magnified. The center mirror does not seem to be facing directly behind the car. Anyone else get this?

SS

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

4. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Registered

Thanks...works a treat !

ISI: Still need the error message box big enough to read the error.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Yep that's a workaround, trouble is if a hoster has set their vmod up to be able to download missing components then people who don't have the Lola installed will only get the car itself.

The error message is because they've used the same name for both the car and sounds, appending one (LolaT280_car/sounds) would have avoided it.

6. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

i have no sound - v 12

7. Tony

Tony Registered

Love 'em, thanks for sharing pixsim!

Feel bad to mention this but I agree with Hedlund re. the scale of the driver's head :rolleyes:

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

@Andreas67: You also need to install 2 other packages AFAIK: Sounds and Talent, both links in OP post.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve only managed to get a few laps with the new Lola`s but I`m really liking how they feel and the updates etc.

However, I`ve got to agree with the others that have mentioned the size of the drivers head. It is just simply too big.

[​IMG]

If you look at the size of the drivers face alone (never mind the helmet) compared to rest of his body it`s massively too big. With the helmet too it`s just huge. It`s definitely too big guys...

Plus the back wheels still come through the back of the car.

[​IMG]

I hope these things will be looked at as they take away from a very good mod.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

"Vehicle package V.12 ( really the last last version ....)"

It seems to me they are not planning any updates or fixes...

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Can live with a driver having a big head no probs, and the tires are only an issue for replays which I never watch anyway.. Thankyou very much gents

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Great pics. It is very noticeable how the head is oversized.

Btw, isn't your gpu running quite hot? :D

I hope they meant "last last version" before released to public :p

The mod is great, but if they want it to look as good as it could, they still have some things to polish.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I remember seeing that too now you mention it...

Oh well, it`d be a great pity (imo) to leave the mod with these things as they are but it`s their call I suppose.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... it was there yeh as I just nipped in sim to get the shots, wasn`t racing so didn`t turn up the fan.

These GTX470`s run quite hot anyway but it`s usually lower than it is those shots. :)

15. Zoaal

Zoaal Registered

Thank you Pixsim!!!

16. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Thanks you Pixsim for this great release !!!

Can we expect to get Charade track like we got in rFactor 1 please ??? With Real Roads?

We all miss this part of Auvergne in rFactor2 :)

17. pixsim

pixsim Registered

hI All, so you need smaller helmet ?
    really esay to solve, but done an 1.3v only for this , little bit shot no ?

Hedlund_90
    pb: 2. Reflections in cockpit. The area above the steering wheel is very reflective. And it could be used as a 3rd mirror. I have no idea how to solve it, if not allow the driver or rear of the car to be reflected instead, somehow..
    reflexion intensity is done with alpha channel for skin. So put in black this area and you will not have this . I hope.

Gagipro, about modern charade track, I can't give you an answer now,
    I can only said you than the RF1 version is false in two parts and The 3D is not a the standard level for a convertion to RF2.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Sounds good for the helmet. :)

Can anything be done about the back wheels coming through the bodywork?

19. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

OK, Thank You

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Good work this car. I use it on Loch Drummond shortly and like it. Nice to feel the power on the rear but i'm struggling to warmup the car with lots of fun stil. Need some more seating time for this car, thx !

Anybody has experienced a great engine starting sound but decreasing volume in idle ?