So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

[​IMG]

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

80% of the fixes in the second public build of AC is added related to added content (which is frowned upon when ISI does this) and fixes to current content. The list of fixes that are fixed to the actual core (which is all ISI list in their build notes) is still impressive for just two weeks but in reality we don't know if this is truly 2 weeks of work because who knows how old the first build really was by the time it hit the public. In the change log I only really see one community influenced change and that is in regards to FFB improvements. Not trying to discount their work, just saying that comparing build notes from AC to rF2 isn't totally fair. Also, ISI has been known to fix/improve/change things and forget to put them in the build notes. As a developer myself I know how easy it is to find a bug before the user does and fix it but not even bother putting it in the notes.

It will be interesting to see how long the engine related build notes will be on the next public release.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

people using real life videos for their arguments makes me laugh as well, let's look at the points....you don't know the:
    weather conditions
    track conditions
    state of the tires
    setup of the car
    style of the driver
    damage on the car (which of course can affect handling)
    if there's a car behind disrupting the air flow
    ...etc etc

but people insist on using them, it makes me LOL it does :p

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I forgot to mention the BIGGEST peeve I have with AC (not sure if fixed in the newest build).. You could call it a feature but Cars with an H-Pattern Shifter require you to use one if you have it setup. Great.. BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTT.. Cars with paddle shifters or Sequential DEMAND you also use an alternate set of controls for that car.. Well guess what. I no longer have paddles on my G27 which means I have to unbind 5th and 6th gear on my shifter and rebind them to + gear and - gear. and do sequential like that.. Then when done driving that particular car I have to re-bind it to 5th and 6th to my shifter.

Just allow anyone to drive any car with the hardware they have. No, I won't let it go automatic.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

A lot of the time you are right. But the skippy videos are relevant IMO because there are a lot of them out there that show how a car drives when driven by novices. The Skippys are normally in very controlled environments too. Weather, tires, damage, drafting ect is all irrelevant when it comes to videos shot at a school. The Skippy is also in both rF and iR and there are tons of people that can attest to how they drive in real life.

Videos shot during a race in race conditions with lots of unknown/uncontrolled variables with cars that aren't even in the sim is often irrelevant.

6. F60

F60 Registered

Have you ever pushed a real street car on dry track? Even on crappy street tyres it has amazing grip and is very hard to slide, much like this video. You are just proving you have no idea about real life grip and have been conditioned to driving on ice in sims. That video looks very realistic. Real cars do not want to spin easily.

7. thuGG

thuGG Registered

On that video the TC is enabled, so there is no point discussing it.

8. F60

F60 Registered

Because they lack realistic grip levels and are too sensitive. You still need to balance on AC but only if your good enough to get to the limit. Otherwise it should be easy. Is your real car so sensitive to every input, that your always at risk of losing control??

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Maybe that is because probably most simracers don't have the guts to (over)drive cars in real life as they do in sims without any sense of speed, common sense or fear holding you back? I know from experience, I sure don't!
    First time out on a track I was terrified :p

Just an idea :)

10. williang83

williang83 Registered

haha same here. First time i went on track i was so terrified, specially because it was a car of a friend which was very expensive (much more that i can afford). There is a huge difference between driving the same car on roads and on tracks (expect if you try to run on track as if you were on a road).

11. liebestod

liebestod Registered

We are in a sim, after all, where taking a turn at 60 mph that we would caaaarefully slow way down and signal for on normal roads makes us stare at the screen and go "UGHHHH HURRY UP". Mastering the survival instinct seems to be a big part of IRL talent.

:D

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If grip levels would truly be different, cornering speed and lap times would differ a lot. The real difference is in car's balance.

Keep in mind that factory cars are aimed to be understeer in order to be safe. For a racing driver, using all grip of front wheels while still having unused reserves at rear is unwanted - it means you could have gone faster through corner, if only you could give some of that rear end grip to your front tires.

Speed is everything in racing, so logic suggests, that drivers want their cars to be only as much understeer as they need to be. It's no coincidence that I always aim for such balance when working on car setup.
    A car with such balance will obviously be more sensitive to input as well.

Referring to cars that we own makes little sense in this context. Almost all cars in rF2 are racing cars, so I would expect significant differences in balance I mentioned above.
    Except maybe for cup cars, which can be understeer, since all competitors have to live with it anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

And you are just proving you have never pushed a car in real life. Geez.

14. Mulero

Mulero Registered

To my do not call me a liar. Yourself with your comments demonstrate the "great simulator" is Assetto Corsa. In the first video there was TC and this video is seen clearly as I deactivate on track. The behavior of the car is exactly the same.

These are the declarations of a young Italian driver who is testing the Formula Abarth.

"With the Tatuus Formula Abarth me feel very comfortable, I have to pay particular attention to the speed when the wheels are practically straight, because having a 180 hp turbo engine is easy to lose grip on the back and end up spinning."

Exactly as in AC ....

I put the link to the original news, do not go to me also say that I made it up .... ;)

http://www.csai.aci.it/index.php?id=455&news=9546

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

16. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I hope they do not say you are using TC again... but I'm sure they will say you can lose rear end in F Abarth :) (showing a video with a setup did just to exagerate oversteer and pushing hard as hell, and that's mean not easy to slide)

17. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Assetto Corsa is a Gran Turismo for the PC.
    Gran Turismo is "The real driving simulator"
    Assetto Corsa is "Your racing simulation. The most realistic PC racing simulation"
    This is all marketing, most people don't actually believe it. But it seems a lot of people do, hence the hysterical enthusiasm for AC and unwillingness to accept any and all constructive criticisms of the game.
    I don't know if AC was designed to be forgiving or if they are struggling with the physics, but it doesn't look like they are trying to be a hardcore sim from what we've seen.

18. Domi

Domi Registered

It's a bit sad that you have to lie in order to support your arguments, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lMqvkMmvRU

Just compare Mulero's video at 3:12, and mine at 1:39. Same car, same corner. And probably the only difference is the power differential, which makes the car super tight on acceleration (with default value). That setup I used there is the one I used to achieve fast laptimes, not to exagerate oversteer, it just happened while doing normal laps.

Awesome FFB clipping btw, Mulero.

19. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Was that second Mulero video supposed to imply that the FA back end should be breaking out? If so, it didn't really look like he was driving it in a way where it "should" happen, except for maybe that part where he runs second gear out. If you take the turns at that speed and keep on the throttle, as he did, I would expect the car to stay more or less grippy ????

20. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Iv just watched some real life Formula Abarth videos and it does seem to be understeery, who knows if it is in the same way as AC is. I think we will get a better idea when the old F1 cars are released, the current racing cars grip is being explained away by their lowish power to grip ratios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.