New to rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Popeye, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Hi all.
    Firstly let me say, reading all the posts in the forum shows that you are a community that cares.
    There is so much information here that it overwhelms new people like me.
    My question is:-
    What have you allocated to your buttons on your G27 wheel?
    Yes I know its all selective, and that we can choose what we want, however my question is because you have more experience than me, so you know which buttons you use the most and what for.
    Yes I expect many will have different configurations, however finding out what everyone uses will help me set up mine.
    Fine you have this at X and this at Y, and Joe Bloggs has them at Y,and X, but you will see that you use the same functions just on different buttons.

I am not new to sims as I have played all of GT series. But I am new to rfactor, so any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks for your time.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well I have a G25, but IIRC they have the same amount of red buttons on them, and a Dpad type thingy. Close enough at least
    I put look left and right on the 2 wheel buttons, and then set the rest to have things like pit limiter, headlights, starter motor, wipers, request pit, rear flap (For DRS in the F1 car). I then set the d pad to be camera controls up/down and left/right. FOV controls I put on the 4 buttons above the d pad.

The rest I put on the keyboard. Chuck reset FFB on the left shift key, brake bias on the [ ] keys, time accel on the left ctrl and most importantly, H for horn!! XD

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Top left - Clutch (if not using a clutch pedal) or neutral (if using a clutch pedal). Racecars, including F1, have a neutral button. Pressed to prevent stalling when you spin, when you do a pit-stop etc.

Top right - Pit speed limiter

Middle left - Look left

Middle right - Look right

Bottom left - Can't remember, maybe pit in request??

Bottom right - Menu HUD scroll thing. The button that switches between the different pages of info on your bottom right HUD, like laptimes and sectors, tyre and brake temps, driving aids, driver positions, etc.

Press look left and look right at the same time to look behind, you dont need to map and waste an actual button to look behind, just press look left and look right together.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Top Left: pit limiter
    Top Right: pit in request
    Middle left: brake bias rear
    Middle Right: brake bias front
    Bottom Left: lights
    Bottom Right: Wiper/tear-off

With the G27, there are also buttons on the shifter to set up. I have ignition and start buttons setup, motec screen changes are setup on the D-Pad, and a couple of other things there as well.

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

My g27 has been in the shop for a while but off the top of my head i have look left, look right, starter, several quick chat, seat adjustment, horn, and reverse i think. For quick chat I have hello, sorry, thank you, no worries, lol, :), etc.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

A B
    C D
    F G

A - look left
    B - look right
    C - look behind
    D - clutch
    F - LCD mode
    G - pit limiter

Brake balance, lights, pit request - on shifter panel.

7. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Thank you for the replies. Your experience is very helpful

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

A B
    C D
    F G

A - look left
    B - look right
    C - headlights
    D - lcd mode
    F - drs
    G - pit limiter

4 black puttons on the shifter for boost & brake balance
    red buttons on shifter: pit in - .... something - ignition - starter
    and the d-pad for navigating the lcd

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

No, they have six buttons on the wheel, rather than two for us peasants.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Nibo, do you realise that if you push look left and look right buttons together you get the look behind function. :)

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

DrR1pper, yes I know that, but its not easy to push both buttons in a heat of a battle or when just driving fast. Pushing one button is much more useful for me.

12. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Top right - Pause

Middle left - Replay

Middle right - Horn

Bottom left - Screenshot

Bottom right -eject

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You crack me up Jerry :)

14. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

A B
    C D
    E F

A - pit limiter
    B - headlights
    C - look left
    D - look right
    E - pit in request
    F - lcd mode

15. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated. I will give them a try when I get home

16. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Hmm Weird. Cant set up as you guys have done. If I map the top left button, it replicates on the bottom left. If I change the bottom left, then it changes the top left as well. And so on. I wonder if that is more a microsoft driver function error since I only loaded the standard drivers from microsoft not logitech.

17. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

You should download the logitech drivers, because diffrent companies use diffrent functions in their drivers and to get your product working as it should i would recommend using the companies drivers. If someday a 3rd party release some drivers wich would give u a benefit over the companies drivers u could try them. Don't have a g27 but i think most buttons are the same on every hardware. I use Look Left/Look Right, Pit Limiter, Pit Request, Brake Bias F/R, DRS, Lights and Horn. Sometimes i have a button mapped in Teamsspeak to use the push to talk function and sometimes some quick chat.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lopl ;)

Top left - Wave at Fans

hehehe

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Make different controller car sets ?

You do not need Pit Limiter, Launch control , TC or headlights in Historics as a few examples so why not make a Historic set, GT etc etc

I hope people that set left and right buttons actually use them ....or look in their mirrors. lol

I always admit my one button cheat is rear view but it comes with consequence in timing, etc
    With a single monitor I tend to use a wider FOV in Historics so I can at least see front wheels beside me and I use my mirrors.
    I check rear view umpteens times a lap certainly before every turn say 100M to judge cars if they in position to pass or they hanging back.

You can easy tell people do not use these aids when close lapping, I always blowing on the horn warning people "hey I am up beside you with 2 wheels on the grass already " hehehe
    If on hearing the horn they suddenly back off or change tact means they were not even aware.
    I actually find that happens a lot

So I am all for people using left right back up down whatever they want. :)

20. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Thank you for the help guys. Will have a play with drivers this wekend.